the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

stals unithread

Go down 
+7
WineHippie
sky otter
Swami
Somamech
Biggles
Reunite
stal
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

stals unithread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Cool, thanks for the recommendation
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:06 pm

no worries fl

the spanish film 'timecrimes' is also worth a look.

dude gets sent back in time one hour in an experimental time machine, and sets off a chain reaction of events.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:08 pm

stal wrote:
no worries fl

the spanish film 'timecrimes' is also worth a look.

dude gets sent back in time one hour in an experimental time machine, and sets off a chain reaction of events.

Now those last few words you have said Stal...............sets off a chain reaction of events........

I believe this has already been done here; they get a toy and cannot help playing with it, then they dont know how to fix it.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:16 pm

agreed biggz. i get what you are saying completely.

you should check out the movie, and apply the concept on a larger scale.

the guy keeps trying to fix things, and just makes everything worse and worse and worse...

lets just say that going back in time to stop yourself from going back in time, and then going back in time to stop yourself from stopping yourself from going back in time is not a good idea.

IF thats how time works of course.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:20 pm

It's when you get to the second or third going back to stop things I getz really confused, my brain hurts then. lol!
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:50 pm

yeah time issues are a tad confusing lol
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 4:34 pm

lol!

ok..i'm not a horror flick fan..but saw this and thought of you Stal...lol
i'm thinkin if you want another or second job..you might want to contact these folk
you could probably e-mail it in

10 Stupid Ways to Kill Evil Aliens When invading planet Earth, don't drink the water
By Jeff Michael Vice
Special to MSN Movies

1 of 11 images Next

http://movies.msn.com/paralleluniverse/10-stupid-ways-to-kill-evil-aliens/photo-gallery/feature/?gt1=28140
suprise
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:12 am

nice one sky

-------

i've been catching up on some tv on dvd lately

lost - season 6
flash forward - season 1
fringe - season 2

i was reasonably happy with how they handled the end of lost. desmond was always my favorite.

flash-forward, pretty interesting show, but has been cancelled. one odd thing inoticed wqas that i fell asleep while watching EVERY episode up to about ep15. not sleep cause of boredom, but put to sleep. the irony of a show about a carrier wave coming with its own little carrier wave.....

fringe is my new favorite i think. although it did take some of the shine off to learn that david wilcox is a producer/consultant. lots of little nods to other shows as well, such as x-files, odessey 5 and first wave. the whole interdimensional thing is always good though.

i might try and go into more detail later

-------

edit to add im not sure if its the same david wilcox
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:28 am

Been meaing to ask you stal whether you keep tabs on dates and the like in movies. I remember over on openminds someone posted a screengrab from the first matrix which had a passort or something like that with the 911 date on it. affraid

Still chowing down on SG1 lol
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:50 am

sometimes soma. not always.

ya thomas anderson's passport expired on sept 11 2001.

also look at room numbers, street numbers, flight numbers, time on clocks in the background etc etc.

-------

where you up to with sg1? theres a lot to go through there.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 8:01 am

wrt fringe, worth noting that 2 out of the 3 leads are aussies :)

also

the actor who plays 'omega man', the leader of the interdimensional bio-engineered shape-shifter soldiers/spies/scientists, also played one of the 5 in the show odessey 5. another character in fringe s2 is a time traveller played by peter weller (of robocop fame). peter weller was also one of the 5 in odessey 5.

now, the omega man's number two guy was played by the same guy who played the leader of the first covert wave of hybrid clone gau invaders in the show first wave.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odyssey_5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Wave_%28TV_series%29
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:05 am

halfway through season 3 mate lol

Last episode I watched the camera scanned past a picture frame of badges...some badges were missing with black felt in the background affraid

Like what LSWONE said on OM.. "there are not as many black lab coats as the other colours" or something to that effect cheers

Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:38 pm

I watched the Time Travelers Wife a couple of night ago with Eric Banner.

Pretty cool film where you find yourself grasping each scene, working out where in the time line it's pacing at.

Biggs would like it.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:03 am

havnt seen that one yet

-------

hey does anyone want a set of fringe season 2 dvds? for free.

i somehow ended up with two sets, and have no use for the second set.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:09 am

Well geez hon, you don't have to ask twice, but I tell you what Soma will be on after work around 11 or 11.30 p.m. so I will give him first dibs at this cuz is a hard workin youngin and I am a tad better off, well now anyway. But then again there is the other members, sorry guys..

Thank you precious rainbow heart
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 8:34 am

BIggzy first in best dressed.... wink wink nudge nudge!!! rainbow heart

I have two billion episodes of SG1 to get through. affraid

Watched an episode last night that depicted hell run by a Lizard system lord... Sheesh that show is awesome!
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:55 pm

-place holder-

the films of ryuhei kitamura

in particular:
versus
alive
aragami
godzilla final wars
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:05 pm

am reading the new alastair reynolds book 'terminal world'

he's only been around for a few years (well maybe 10) and i have read all his stuff.

He is an astrophysicist who has worked with the ESA for a while, so his sci-fi is hard sci-fi.

This new one is a departure from his usual mythology of the 'revelation space' universe, and is a stand alone story.

Some of the things he writes about, and the way it is written, has the unmistakable tells of 'outside inspiration'

Im only 75 pages in, and its all over the place, hard sci-fi, steampunk, spy thriller, and more.

The thing that just hit me though, is that it seems to be hiding something fairly relevant.

I cant even begin to explain lol

dimensions/densities or whatever. Boundary shifts, infiltrations to other levels, etc etc etc, but told allegoricaly. There is ahuge mountain, and on different levels there are different levels of civilisation. Horsetown at the bottom, then steam, then electricity, then at the top are the 'angels' with nanotech and genetic engineering.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:10 pm

re-engineered angels are sent down to lower levels to prepare for the coming cataclysmic boundary shift that could wipe everyone if the various realms all come together.

When they are sent down, the are put into regular non-nano bodies, with screen memories and such. The hero of the piece is an angel infiltrator, on the run from the bad side of their ptb, because of some info he has locked in his mind hidden under his screen memories.

Anyway, it struck me as interesting.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:39 pm

That is interesting Stal.

Now I meant to say the other day about a triology of films that came out about 71 and thereafter; at the time when I went to see them at the movies I thought they were the bees knees.

I don't know if you would have heard of them, hippie, otter and a few others maybe, they are
the Billy Jack triology movies.

And he is still around now I believe. Let me know if your interested and I will send you a link.

They were way cool at the time. xxoo
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:53 pm

yeah biggz i have heard of billy-jack.

Have seen one of them for sure.

See now what im going to do is take my right foot and put it across the left side of your face
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:14 am

Aah, then you must of seen one of them. I felt sure you wouldn't have even heard of them.

I don't think I ever saw them on tv as a re-run.

Now apparently Tom Laughlin, Billy Jack is still going and has had a couple of cracks of putting himself out there for the American Presidency. Imagine.

I am pretty sure he was a green beret or something at one time, something similar to that other wrestler who was a governor, now see biggsy is getting dementia because I cant remember his darn name. God damn it. xo
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:38 am

yeah green berets.

Lol i've watched a lot of movies biggz.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 3:59 am

You certainly have amazed me with the Billy Jack one Stal, thought I had ya with that one hon. lol!
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:30 am

bahaha not even close :p

billy jack is too well known.

Btw, govenor jesse ventura was a navy seal before a wrestler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stals unithread
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next