the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

stals unithread

Go down 
+7
WineHippie
sky otter
Swami
Somamech
Biggles
Reunite
stal
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

stals unithread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:55 am

For what its worth mate...

The best Send off..

Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Heres and odd media thing that happend last night.

Had my radio at work set to ABC Classic FM and at around 0030 hrs I thought huh? sounds like garage punk, that cant be right. I turn the radio up so i can hear it properly and sure enough it was. Listen for another song then the Triple J ident comes on. Look at the location and the radio was still where it should be to pick up Classic FM. I then switch over to the spot JJJ should be on and Radio National was on with grandstand cricket where JJJ should be... plus there was some other hint of another station aswell but I couldnt make it out.

ABC went haywire last night :D
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:18 pm

lol!

hey Soma

maybe in some freaky way the universe is telling you to check what channels you are listening too..
you know..the old..you ain't getting what you think .. scratch

you know how it goes ..but let me say it anyway

I know you believe you understand what you think i said,
but
i'm not sure you realize
that
what you heard is not what i meant

moon walk..... BigSmile2 ..... toast..... cryingwithlaughter ..... strapped down
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:27 pm

Hahaha.

9/11 did cross my mind

Some funny tech at ABC decided to put that rawkus on the classic music channel.

MOst likely though...something screwed up LOL

Was pretty funny..should have been probably setting into some chopin at that time of night. Ended up switching over to a community radio station and catching the soundtrack show..was very cool lol!
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:14 am

lol interesting soma.

Was a huge thunderstorm here around that time last night. Satellite tv cut out a few times.

On a side note there was about 15-20 horror movies on last night. Almost every movie channel had one, some channels had several in a row.

There was actualy one called 'the final storm', about the end of the world, playing during the storm here.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:02 am

ok just started watching something pretty interesting.

A movie called 'Ghost Machine'.

Its set in the UK, but has english, american and australian characters.

Basicaly, a couple of young military computer programmers working with speacial forces/black-ops create a virtual-reality combat training system. Complete immersion, so your brain thinks its real. They set up a side project off-base to use for gaming, in an old abandoned prison. Am only part way through it, but apparently some sort of ghost gets inside the system and runs amok or something.

What interests me realy though, is the joint us/uk/oz VR project.

-------

hmm. So the abandonedprison was used for rendition (up to terminal action) by the cia/mi6 at one point.

The vague explanation for how the system works is pretty much the same as in 'inception'. Induce a dream-state, push lucidity, then push past that into imersion. If you recall, there is a throwaway line in inception where they say how the tech was originaly invented by the military as a training aid.

This movie seems to have been made around the same time as inception, possibly even before. Although, it is a pretty low budget b-grade flick. Pretty interesting, to me at least, that this stuff is making it into movies now.

Side note - the female spec-ops soldier is played by the australian girl who played the cia/nsa computer tech in the first Transformers movie.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:00 am

Okay Stal, next time your in a bookshop look for this one or order it mate.

http://enterthepassage.com/

The Passage by Justin Cronin.

This young American guy is a Professor of English at a Texan University. The book is nearly 1,000 pages long and it took me a while to read it.

I only bought it at Collins Bookstore because it was their staff pick.

A lot of stuff in there is what we have researched over the years in the conspiracy area but hell I wouldnt be surprised if it hasnt happened already.

This guy is such a darn good writer I am going to order the other books he has written just on how well he has written this book.

And it is worth the 20 something bucks because it is like buying three books and I tell you if you dont love this one I will bare me bum in Myers on Friday night, maybe. lol.
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:10 am

peek <<<< Biggs snicker
Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:06 am

skywatcher wrote:
peek <<<< Biggs snicker

That bum is better to look at than mine though. lol!
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:10 pm

don't think i've ever heard of that guy. Will look out for the book next time i go somewhere that has a bookshop.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 11:46 pm

As much as i lovely Connelly and Matt Reilly, I would have to say that Justin is a better writer; and that is something from me, cuz I can tell if I like and will read a book by the first ten pages.

I remember looking for something to read years ago Stal and mum said to me ...."go look in my bedroom, there are stacks of books in there to read I am sure you would like" .

Okay I said and went to look................

Mills and Boon, Mills and Boon and ........................Mills and Boon, oh here's a different one.............Harlequin. bigw

?? Yep mum, plenty here. run

Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:05 pm

LOL

Mills and Boon is the erotic fiction which females deny they have LOL

Boring al the same since we have scifi inmho cheers
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:44 pm

Somamech wrote:
LOL

Mills and Boon is the erotic fiction which females deny they have LOL

Boring al the same since we have scifi inmho cheers

They are all boring to me Soma, I must have somewhat of a male energy mind maybe.

Stal, I am reading the Jefferson Key by Steve Berry now, is that your Steve Berry. scratch
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:57 pm

no its a different steve berry.

I've read a few of this mr berry's as well. Not bad.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:38 pm

stal wrote:
no its a different steve berry.

I've read a few of this mr berry's as well. Not bad.

This one was recommended by one of the book store's employees that reads a lot of the books; I will let you know what I think, but I'm thinking I might start to pick my own again, although will be ordering the Prez' vamp. lol.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Stal, just got back from the street and found the new book The President's Vampire in stock, so I got that, he,he.

Now if you pm me your RMB or post box address I will send you The Passage and Blood Oath, I wont be reading them again, I dont re-read, so please let me send them up to ya. xo

Or alternatively I can send it to your nearest post office. sunny
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:38 am

cool thanks :)
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:54 am

No probs mate, should get them sometime next week. xo
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Inbetween other things I am reading the President's Vampire, once I finish this one Stal I shall be sending that one along to you too, to see what you think. So far I am savouring every word.

This guy Chris Farnsworth was once a journalist; and I am thinking he is well aware of what goes on behind the lies, that is what I am getting from him anyway. His awake and aware and very intelligent in the way he lets you know stuff, he has to be.

Funny how I am led to these books without even trying.

BTW I am sending up The Burning Soul, I hope you haven't got it already. I might put them in one of those post office boxes rather than a padded bag, might be better for travelling. sunny
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:21 am

argh i already read the burning soul and passed it on to a friend lol...
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:48 pm

stal wrote:
argh i already read the burning soul and passed it on to a friend lol...

I wasnt overly impressed with the burning soul but maybe I am getting spoilt for choice. I know once the fans of an author read a new book they do hassle them wanting to know when the next one is coming out; that sort of puts pressure on them to get the next one out.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:39 am

yeah, like dean koontz. He pumps out a couple of short, kinda weak stories, then puts out a very strong book, then back to short weaker ones.

I think connelly is doing a bit of a cycle, like he did when he forst started the charlie parker series, slowly buildinng up with more straightforward detective stories, until they reach a peak, resulting in his showdown woth the various fallen angels.

If you notice, two of the fallen made a couple of appearences in the new book. He doesn't say which ones, but its probably the 'lovers'. The smiling preppy jock and his pretty but horse-faced girlfirend at the bar in boston, and agin in the town in maine, and again at the FBI office.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:09 am

just watched a good movie.

Hanna. Starring erik bana, cate blanchette and an irish lass whose name i cant spell.

Its about a teenage girl called hanna, who has been raised in the scandinavian wilderness since age two, by her german father, who was a member of the west german secret service and a CIA contractor. Her father trains her everyday physicaly and every night mentaly to become basicaly a super-spy killing machine.

Without giving to much away, the cia tracks them down, they split up and go on the run across europe, and the secrets of hanna's past are revealed. Hint - eugenics, ivf, dna manipulation type stuff. Cate blanchette plays the cia handler tracking them down, with the aid of a gay east german assassin turned club owner and his skinhead enforcers.

There is a hell of a lot of symbolism in places, lots of one-eye close-ups, stomach wounds, fairytale themes, broken glass.

Two things production-wise stand out. The first is the soundtrack. All the music is done by the chemical brothers and really fits the movie. The second is the direction. If this had of been directed by an american it would have been an entirely different film. The director is english, and has only done period-pieces like pride and predjudice, and atonement before. And it shows. This is not a hollywood action movie. There are plenty of brutal fight scenes and gunshots, but inbtween it is more of a drama-ish movie with some odd sections.

Think the jason bourne movies, if they were about a teenage girl and directed by fellini, sort of..
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:29 am

Stal have you seen that quite odd program on Sat nights that is sorta half american and russian ?

When I had no web here in my new house I watched this sorta around the midnight time on sat nights. Thought it was a movie at first due to the length..but then it was continued the next weekend ?

Will suss it out for you when I get time if you don't know it. Well weird mate!

Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:51 am

umm i have no idea what show you mean lol. I'm usualy out on saturday nights. What channel, who's in it, plot anything like that might help.

-------

holy crap, was just reading up on ridley scott's Alien prequel, Prometheus. He's put a lot of 'ancient astronaut' stuff in it. Even says it in interviews. Also, interesting to note that 'space jockey's' home planet is in the zeta reticuli system...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stals unithread
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next