the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

stals unithread

Go down 
+7
WineHippie
sky otter
Swami
Somamech
Biggles
Reunite
stal
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 2:37 pm

if no-one objects i would like to start a unithread to put all my random movie observations in.

save taking up forum space starting a new thread every time something catches my eye.

Last edited by stal on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 2:54 pm

Giddy up.

Back to top Go down
stal
stal

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 3:04 pm

watched a good one on sat night.

'eye of the devil' from 1966

starring david niven, deborah kerr, a young donald pleasence, david hemmings (whom i've mentioned several times now. dude has been in a lot of these movies) and introducing....sharon tate.

imdb summary

Vineyard owner marquis Philippe de Montfaucon is called back to his castle Bellenac because of another dry season. He asks his wife and children to remain in London, but they still come after him. His wife Catherine de Montfaucon soon discovers that her husband is acting mysteriously and that his employees are following old pagan rituals that call for the life of the marquis himself to save the crops.

things worth noting

this movie is similar to the wicker man, although actualy pre-dates it.
the symbol used by the french 'pagans' is the eye of ra
the circle of 12 + 1 ritual from eyes wide shut is shown in some detail. hooded black robes and all.
hemmings and tate play 'the twins' (gemini?) with hemmings being the archer, who is tasked with actualy killing the marquis
the twins really dont seem to be human at all, rather they are tall beautiful 'nordic' looking, and totaly detached/disassociated from reality. in one scene, sharon tate's character changes a toad into a pidgoen.
donald pleasence's character is a jesuit priest, who is an intergral part of the pagan secret society.
the marquis' (very) young son is named as the rightfull heir, and at the end he kisses the eye of the devil (ra) symbol and the priest says he shall await his return.
there are plenty of other things too.

oh, and tate's last film was actualy called 12 + 1

Last edited by stal on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 3:06 pm

Reunite wrote:
Giddy up.

on it
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:39 pm

You know I wouldn't have noticed any of that Stal, your a brilliant boy you is.

Great idea BTW.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:19 pm

Nice one, looking forward to more
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:44 am

might throw some tv in here as well

-------

this is pretty random.

was raining again here today, so sat on my ass reading and watching movies. anyway, at one point i was channel surfing and stopped on nickelodeon. theres a show called iCarly, about two girls that have a web-show. the ep that i saw today was kind of interesting. i doubt the rest of the show is worth watching though.

the girls were complaining that the dingo channel (disney channel) was ripping off their webshow in one of its tv shows. the girls and the two male characters travell to LA to the dingo channel HQ, where they break in and the usual kids show stuff ensues.

what caught my attention was the fact that they were talking about how the the people who run the 'dingo' channel are 'freaks' because they keep the cryogenicly frozen head of their founder in a secret vault under the main building. which they proceed to find, and use to blackmail the network into ceasing the plagiarism of their webshow.

theres some other throwaway lines commenting on the lack of quality of 'dingo' channel programs mixed in with the tween hi-jinx. miley cyrus is alluded to several times.

good to see some infighting between the brainwashing powerhouses.

Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 5:20 am

That's interesting Stal..............ta hon.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 2:24 pm

The clues runs rampant amongst the kidie shows/films.

Stal you could probably break down every pixar film....lol
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 5:43 pm

am driving long distance

ipod set to shuffle

track 444

band-alchemist
album-lunasphere
song-soul return

back to driving

-------

ok finished driving for the moment.

sry just wantd to write that down before i forgot. Has no bearing on anything.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Reunite wrote:
The clues runs rampant amongst the kidie shows/films.

Stal you could probably break down every pixar film....lol

yeah mate there are all kinds of strange things in kids shows/movies.

If i get super bored i might do a couple.
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Stal you've totally lost me with all these shows lol

I'm stil catching up with SG1 over the last fortnight..just getting into SG1 season 2 lol!
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:22 am

sg1 is great. i have all 10 seasons on dvd.

sg atlantis is pretty good as well. gets better as it goes on. the final season (5) was cool.

sg-u is ok. havnt watched much of it. they're trying to go all bsg with it. even the camera work is very bsg. actually its interesting with the nasa news about the hundred year starship, because sg-u is kinda like that. stuck on a one way trip with no going back.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:09 am

BTW Stal, I am very pissed off with Sony at the minute.

I tried to view a Youtube vid of the group 1927 and Sony said because they have the rights or whatever they have banned it from views. Tommy Motolla again, the creep.

mooning pfff-0020 soapbox

Wouldnt want to be in his shoes when he leaves the meat suit. Bastard.
Back to top Go down
Swami
Swami

Number of posts : 82
Humor : A Rug full
Registration date : 2010-10-18

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:11 am

Biggles wrote:
BTW Stal, I am very pissed off with Sony at the minute.

I tried to view a Youtube vid of the group 1927 and Sony said because they have the rights or whatever they have banned it from views. Tommy Motolla again, the creep.

mooning pfff-0020 soapbox

Wouldnt want to be in his shoes when he leaves the meat suit. Bastard.

Use a torrent to download it.....

peek
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/themandjitmatrixgroup/front-page
stal
stal

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:33 am

realy? thats odd. its not like sony would be making sfa money off 1927.

i would guess at there being some sort of contractual dispute pending.

yeah from all accounts motolla is a grade-a scumbag.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:34 pm

I really haven't a clue to be honest what a torrent is Swam. lol!
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Stal!

I'm five episodes into SG1 season 2... so addictive...better check some SG tech sites out tonight. Then attempt at some point to go through the epic mega stargates are real thread of Undo's at ATS from page 1 toast
Back to top Go down
Swami
Swami

Number of posts : 82
Humor : A Rug full
Registration date : 2010-10-18

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:17 pm

Biggles wrote:
I really haven't a clue to be honest what a torrent is Swam. lol!

Download this one first, its for free: http://www.vuze.com/ and install it. Reboot/restart your PC!

Then use this one to find torrents: http://isohunt.com/. Put the name of the movie/music in the small searchbox and click. Now a lot of torrents will show up. Click or doubleclick on one. One click, the machine will show you whats inside that torrent, doubleclick and it automatically starts downloading...

Now you can download almost everything you want to see/hear...

It looks a bit difficult in the beginning but it as simple as simple can be. play around with it...

dancing baby
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/themandjitmatrixgroup/front-page
Biggles
Biggles

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:38 pm

Oh thanks hon, you've made it sound easy for me, rainbow heart
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:49 pm

at work.

ipod still on same shuffle.

Track 666

band-cult of luna
album-eternal kingdom
song-eternal kingdom
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:52 pm

Stal when you say your at work; you mean on the land dont ya hon.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:33 pm

yeah. on the farm. went back to work on wednsday

flys are starting to hit the sheep, so we're running them all throught the yards to treat the flystrike. and its time to wean the winter lambs. and put the rams out for the next round. seeing as i still cant do any lifting or anything, i'm doing the mustering, which means a lot of hours in the ute (cant ride a motorbike yet either). so i have my ipod hooked up to the car stereo, on shuffle, playing in the background. struck me as odd that track 444 and track 666 both had moon (and other) references.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:51 pm

stal wrote:
yeah. on the farm. went back to work on wednsday

flys are starting to hit the sheep, so we're running them all throught the yards to treat the flystrike. and its time to wean the winter lambs. and put the rams out for the next round. seeing as i still cant do any lifting or anything, i'm doing the mustering, which means a lot of hours in the ute (cant ride a motorbike yet either). so i have my ipod hooked up to the car stereo, on shuffle, playing in the background. struck me as odd that track 444 and track 666 both had moon (and other) references.

Mmmh, it is Stal.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:53 pm

i noticed the movie groundhog day being mentioned on several forums over the last week, so i was going to post something about it but got distracted.

went shopping the other day and found a copy of a movie called 'triangle', starring melissa george. i had previously tried to buy a copy of this movie over the internet, but could never find a region 4 dvd copy. walked in the shop on wed and there it was just sitting on the shelf.

i wont post the trailer as it gives away most of the movie, and the best part is the journey.

cant say much without giving it away.

a group of friends go for a sail on their yacht, which gets capsized in a freak storm, then get picked up by an ocean liner, which is deserted.

filmed in queensland, but its hinted that it takes place in the bermuda triangle.

think a cross between groundhog day(without the comedy) and the shining. sort of.

theres some symbolism, mirrors, one eye, masks, stomach wounds, memory issues.

anyway, good idea, good main actor, good director, good twist(s). worth watching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

stals unithread Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stals unithread
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next