the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

stals unithread

Go down 
+7
WineHippie
sky otter
Swami
Somamech
Biggles
Reunite
stal
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

stals unithread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:47 am

just wastched a movie called 'Insidious'.

Very very good.

Have been trying to stay away from horror movies lately, but i've been a fan of the director, lee whannel since he was a movie reviewer on a saturday morning alteernative music show called 'recovery' about 15 years ago.

He and the writer of this movie are the guys who did the very first Saw film. I know the sequals sucked, but the original had some good points. Anyway, this movie is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of saw. Its a supernatural thriller with pretty much no blood and guts whatsoever. Slow burning suspense, with some actual scares.

They clearly did at least some homework on astral projection, possession, walk-ins, astral parasites etc. The main 'bad' entity is a shadow person. When they go astral and you see what it really looks like, well apart from the traditional tail and hooves, its face and body have the red and black markings of a chituari reptilian/demon as mentioned by credo mutwa. Other things of note include Red Door symbolism, inherited astral/OBE abilities, kids mistaking astral for dreams, and The Old Hag makes an important appearence.

On a technical note, its well directed, edited, shot, scored, everything is good. One of the best haunted house/possessed kid movies i've ever seen.

Also, reunite and soma, you might remember the show recovery, on abc back in the mid 90s. The guy who was 'the enforcer', angus sampson, is this, as one of the paranormal investigators. Dude can still be funny without doing hardly anything.

-------

on a side note, there are some drawings that appear in the film, one of which i swear i could have drawn myself back in high school. So close to something i drew its not even funny.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:31 pm

sunny

on a side note, there are some drawings that appear in the film, one of which i swear i could have drawn myself back in high school. So close to something i drew its not even funny.

hey stal
i'm sure you have heard that theory where info is open to a certain mental band width and folks on that band pick up the same stuff..
like testla and einstein

it is always verrrrry interesting to run across a band width sibling...kinda sits you on the old assets for a sec to think about it..
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Will have to watch it Stal as it sounds pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:28 pm

@soma - yeah its worth a look.

@sky - have heard, and am a fan of, that theory. Have noticed it before. One example would be in epic sci-fi author dan simmons' Illium/Olympus cycle. Some things in them are exact matches for ideas i had. Looked into the timing, and i had those couple of ideas at the same time as he was writing the books. I mean he had about a thousand other better ideas as well, but those handful matched up.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:48 am

That really annoys me when that happens Stal, but it does happen a hell of a lot.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:25 am

stal wrote:

Also, reunite and soma, you might remember the show recovery, on abc back in the mid 90s. The guy who was 'the enforcer', angus sampson, is this, as one of the paranormal investigators. Dude can still be funny without doing hardly anything.

-------

I do remember recovery mate, what a blast

Hey now do you remember 'Eat carpet' that show on SBS late at night about trippy short films?

Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:55 am

yup. Used to watch it all the time. Was some pretty cool stuff on that show. A couple that still stick in my memory lol.
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am

Recovery and Eatcarpet cheers

My age is showing, The 90's were freaking great LOL
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: I watched this tonight Stal - quite good for a change.   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 6:38 am

I have always liked this guy in the lead.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:53 pm

yeah its pretty good. I'm a fan of statham's work. Not the best actor in the world, but plays tough guys well.

Have you seen the original version? Charles Bronson plays the mechanic.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:13 am

Yep I have Stal, but Jason is a tad better looking for me.

There was a story surrounding Jason that Guy Ritchie was supposed to have found him behind a stall in one of those famous London streets that have markets, I wonder if that was right.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:56 am

yeah i heard that too. Also that at some point he qualified for the england olympic team, as a swimmer or diver.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:47 am

stal wrote:
yeah i heard that too. Also that at some point he qualified for the england olympic team, as a swimmer or diver.

Gee I never heard that, I thought he did his own stunt when he jumped over that bridge into the water in the Mechanic though, he looked like he did there.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:32 am

he makes a point of doing as many stunts as possible himself. I like that.

Wesley Snipes and surprisingly, Angelina Jolie, are the same.

Actualy there heaps more, but those couple are the first that come to mind.

Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:05 am

That's another thing I didn't know, I thought that was him going over that bridge, your a wealth of knowledge our Stal. toast

See guys, if I order a movie on Foxtel I dont necessarily get chick flicks so to speak, they are mostly films that would interest me. I like those speed movies, although I havent seen the latest one, not really into love movies as such, never have been.

Action, ufos, mysterious, films that make you think.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:36 am

have you seen 'Salt'?

Angelina jolie stars, and is directed by an aussie, fred schepsi, the guy who directed harrison ford in the jack ryan spy movies (patriot games etc)

I watched it the other day, not expecting much, and was quite surprised.

Its about russian super soldier type sleeper agents in america.

Was originaly meant to star tom cruise (who does his own stunts too apparently)
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 5:54 am

stal wrote:
have you seen 'Salt'?

Angelina jolie stars, and is directed by an aussie, fred schepsi, the guy who directed harrison ford in the jack ryan spy movies (patriot games etc)

I watched it the other day, not expecting much, and was quite surprised.

Its about russian super soldier type sleeper agents in america.

Was originaly meant to star tom cruise (who does his own stunts too apparently)

Yep I saw Salt and must admit was impressed with Jolie in that, wasn't bad.

Sometimes I suppose I am jaded when I look at the menu including free to air on foxtel because I remember some damn good movies and shows of old. Not an absolute fan of cruise because I think he is a bit of a controlling person and I saw him getting up on the dias at a scientology meeting and he reminded of a little hitler without the moustache. Although, at the same time kermie bear would know better, he has had drinkie poos with him and Nicole. lol!
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: I didnt know Steven Seagal has been a cop for over 20 years.   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:27 am

Gee I didnt know this, it starts on cable next week I think Stal, will be watching.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:50 am

segal is the real deal. His acting may be shite, but his akido is lethal. One of the highest ranked non-japanese practitioners ever. Earnt his skills the hard way, studied in japan, and regularly fought and won street fights between schools. Very 'spiritual' these days too. Havnt watched the cop show, but yeah, hes been doing it for a while.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:33 am

biggz, one for you - i picked up the new matthew reilly and john connolly novels on the weekend. Started in on both. Reilly's is another shane scofeild adventure, this time in the artic cirlce. Pretty good. Has to stop a rouge paramilitary group from setting off a disused russian atmospheric weapon.

The connolly is of course another charlie parker story. So far its as good as i expected.

-------

also, i've noticed that austar/foxtel has been playing total recall several times a week, for the last few weeks. Wonder why...
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:22 am

I ordered the latest Charlie Parker novel, the burning soul, I must admit imho didnt match up to his other Charlie Parker novels - read most of them, but if he wrote another one I would get it, lol.

Matthew Reilly - read the artic one, I think I have read most of his now - I love that falcon of his - the way it looks after him. rainbow heart
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:56 am

yeah i don't get to a bookshop very often, so anything thats come out in the last 6-8 weeks is new for me lol

Its not the aussie sas guy with the falcon from the '7 ancient wonders', '6 sacred stones' and '5 greatest warriors' series. Its the other guy, the marine with the scars, from 'ice station', 'area 7', 'hell island' etc.

I've got all the charlie parker books. Imo this one is more like the very first two (when it was just detective noir with gothic touches, before he got into the fallen angels sub-plot) than the later ones. The later ones btw are my favorite. The Black Angel is probably the best, although the stand-alone origin story of charlie's assassin friend is bloody good. The gothic/esoteric element is gone from that one, its more a straight up noir/action/thriller.

Of course, i'm sure you already know all this.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Yeah, that one where that evil entity in someone whose skin was peeling, who slowly tortured people, forget that Charlie Parker novel, that was a bit hard to read at times, lol.

Your into two of my favourite authors there Stal. sunny
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 pm

lol!

Hey Stal..i thought of you when i saw the preview for this..i don't know how u.s tv translates to ozzie tv.. but thought you'd enjoy hearing about this one

The producers behind NBC's Grimm get the formula better in many ways. For one, the concept is simpler and easier to follow (and execute) than Once Upon a Time because it's linear (at least in the pilot, the only episode the network could send in time for review). Portland homicide detective Nick Burckhardt (David Giuntoli) is leading a normal life with his fiancee, Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch), and his partner, Hank (Russell Hornsby). Then one day, he starts seeing bizarre things -- like a businesswoman glance at him and flash momentarily into a zombie, a perp flash into some kind of serpent and a guy out getting his mail flash into a werewolf.

Normally, you'd think his meds were way, way off. But Nick just kind of rolls with it -- a momentary fault in the series until his cancer-stricken aunt shows up with an Airstream full of medieval weapons, ancient storybooks and a wary killer's look in her eye. He's having these crazy visions because he's next in line -- the next Grimm, "charged with keeping balance between humanity and the mythological creatures of the world," according to NBC.

Also on the plus side for Grimm is the fact that the special effects are good. Better yet, it has a lot of scares and thrills. It's not the kind of show you'll want to watch while sipping wine in bed -- at least, not red wine. In that way, Grimm seems more grown-up in its approach than Once Upon a Time because it's more violent and less hokey.

Plus, hey, it's a procedural.

The Grimm pilot is creative and scores points for having a reluctant, reformed werewolf (or "Grimm creature," as NBC likes to say, probably because the network has introduced a zombie and might take further liberties down the road) named Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) who decides to help Nick navigate the bizarre world he's about to encounter. Mitchell nails the comic elements, which leaven the tension, while convincing us he's a "Grimm creature" trying to be good.

One episode isn't enough to declare whether Grimm will have a future. But it's a genre show on a Friday night -- the best place for them, though it's getting mighty crowded with Fringe and Supernatural in the mix. It has chills and humor and the ability to take a procedural story and twist it. (If there's an opt-out moment here, it's simply the realization that something like Kolchak: The Night Stalker and certainly The X-Files were more fun.)
Airdate Grimm 9 p.m. Fridays (NBC)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/grimm-tv-review-252273

fired up

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:49 am

sounds pretty cool. It'll probably never make down here, unless cable/satellite picks it up in about 5 years lol

-------

finaly got my hands on Fringe series 3 today. Already onto episode 6. Damn its a good show. The interdimensional war theme is top billing this year, with the 'ancient weapon' lurking in the background.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stals unithread   stals unithread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stals unithread
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next