the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reiki

Go down 
+9
pilgrim
PsiForce
WineHippie
Northern Boy
Linda
Reunite
mntruthseeker
sky otter
Lightning222
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:10 pm

Has anyone tried it?
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:12 pm

flower

yes

what would you like to know?

flower
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 pm

I was just curious. I've had many reiki sessions both hands off/on and long distance. It was a catlyst for me in many areas. I just wondered if anyone has ever had any unusual experiences they'd like to share. flower
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Number of posts : 698
Humor : I got some
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:36 pm

My daughter could not move her head and I talked to my friend online who happens to be a Reiki Master. She told me to have my daughter sit in front of the computer and told me where to place my hands on her. I then shut my eyes and felt a large bolt of light go through my hands and see a blast of RED and WHITE lights all around my head after about a minute

My daughter jumped and left the room saying, tell her it didnt work. LOL

my friend said, tell her it will take 5 minutes. In five minutes my daughter was up and walking all over. the pain was gone.

Im in Minnesota and she was in Canada. She also helped my husband after he had both knees replaced and even the dr laughed. Said he never seen such a recovery. My husband admitted to me only that he felt my friends hands and felt the heated tingling that morning
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:37 pm

I would love to hear more about reiki. So please share your stories and any great links to read.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:42 pm

Now that's proof in the pudding mntruthseeker. That's why I want to hear more
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:53 pm

Great story Mntrutherseeker. You got it!

I had a Reiki treatment years ago when I lived in New Zealand and didn't know what to expect. When I felt nothing happening, I thought it was all just mumbo jumbo and felt ripped off.

So, I went home and decided to heal myself through intent and loving thoughts. It worked and haven't been to the doctors in over 5 years!

Here is some information that makes sense on why I was able to always heal myself and why others have this ability.

Remember that All good things are free. Enjoy!

ANYONE CAN PRACTICE REIKI AND DO DISTANCE HEALING!

All it takes to do so is the firm belief that one can do it, coupled with the intent to do so. Period. Focus on your intent and then send healing energy their way. That's it!

Anyone is capable of using your energy to heal! It all comes down to confidence and intent.

Reiki is a learning experience, furthering our own spirituality and healing as well helping others who ask for our assistance. It can be simply a healing tool or a way of life ...

Getting in touch with the gifts that we already have inside of us will open up many doors.

Understanding why Reiki works and how to do it is possible and it starts one day at a time starting with the man or woman in the mirror.
===========================

Reiki's initial stages can be learned by anyone regardless of their personal philosophy and/or spiritual belief system.
We are all born with Reiki. All living beings have it and the Universe is filled with it. It is the force that helps us heal when we are injured or sick, because its function is to return living beings to health and wholeness.

This ability allows you to tap into an unlimited supply of "life force energy. It is available to everyone.

You will experience a "re-awakening", a re-opening of the stronger healing potential that lies within us all. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.

Once you have a permanent "plug-in" to this energy, and can continue to use it for life. Obviously, the more you use it, the more you will vibrate in harmony with it.

The more Reiki you have running through your system, the stronger and healthier your response to anything that could throw your system out of balance.

We can send healing energy to someone who is not present, all we need to do is set our intent for the energy to flow to them and then beam the energy.

If you'll feel more confident in having an outside visual reference for your intended recipient, then feel free to use a photograph of them, or even simply write their name on a piece of paper. You can then beam Reiki into that surrogate, or hold it in your hands as you send energy directly into it with the intention for the healing to reach them.

Here are a few tips:
Take a few minutes to relax and center yourself.
When you are ready, imagine that your spirit is open to the Universal energies that flow through all things - imagine that you are connected to the Universe.

Spend a few moments feeling the sensation of that energy flowing into you and down through your spinal column as a tube THROUGH which this energy is flowing freely and strongly.

When you've got that image and sensation strongly in mind, then open up to the Earth energies below you.

Feel those grounding energies flow up your spinal column mixing with the Universal energies and creating vibrant energy.

Now imagine that two more "tubes" grow off of this central column of energies which go down each arm and exit through your palms.

Spend a few minutes letting the energies of Earth and Universe flow THROUGH you and out THROUGH your arms.

When you are firmly connected to this energy, and feel confident that you are acting as a conduit for these infinite healing energies -turn your consciousness to the person/place/thing/situation that you wish to send healing to.

If you can visualize them/it or otherwise make a strong mental connection to them, then simply intend that the energy flow to them. If you need an outside visual, then a photograph or other representative (their name on a paper) will do fine - simply send your energy into that surrogate item with the intent that it flows to the target itself through the medium of that item. If you'd like to hold the surrogate in your hands while you do so, feel free to.

Stay present with the energy as it flows. Eventually you will likely feel the flow start to lessen, &/or cease to flow altogether. Take that as a sign that the healing is completed for this session.

Let the energy stop flowing through your arms, bringing it back into the central spinal column.

Gently close down the crown connection to the Universe with a thought of gratitude for it's infinite abundance.

Let all the excess energy flow downwards through you and into the Earth, grounding you as it goes. Let it flow out with gratitude for it's infinite abundance.
When you feel that you are back into a normal energetic state, allow your root to close.
Take a moment to come back to your center, and then back into wakeful consciousness.

You can start sending healing energy to people and places far and wide, whether or not you've had any formal training.

Our connection to the Infinite White Light is our divine birthright. We all can do it. We just have to remind ourselves that we can.
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
Lightning222

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:02 pm

Okay my post to this disappeared mmtruthseeker.

I'll try to reconstruct it!... lol!

I had typed that people can be used as a bridge for the energies but you may also have some natural healing abilities that you've never discovered. From what I understand healing is stronger in individuals with bonds, so your experiencing this with your doesn't surprise me at all! Maybe you should take up Reiki, you can self heal too you know.... wave
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:23 pm

Fantastic information Linda.

that is how it was explained to me also. I was so fortunate to have met Penny online. She gave me so many useful tips and I do use them.

I have sent so many times to my husband that it isnt even funny. He used to drink and I hated the mood it put him in. I thought of leaving him many times until Penny told me how to use reiki to send him to the light.

Its works and it works very well. I have shown others but the key is you have to believe it and feel it. I do feel it and have had others feel my energy also.

My little grandson giggles across the room and looks at me because he now knows its me sending him the hug...........

We all have natural healing abilities. Read Lindas post and try this

When I first started this, I used to plant my feet on the ground while sitting in a chair. I bring up the energy from the ground and at the same time breath in through my nose. The two energies will circle at my abdominal area. You can feel it heat up Blow out the negative energy while the positive feeds through your feet.

I say a little prayer to protect myself when I feel the ball of energy around my body.

Let know one or anyone penetrate through this wall of protection unless given permission by god or my higher spirit. There I'm protected. If you want to through protection over someone just picture them inside the circle.

Then I shut my eyes and visualize what it is I am aiming to. I can put my hands on it or just think about it. My friend just told me that if your hands get too warm from hands on to use water. She told me to make sure I always drink it as I'm sure you all know
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:54 pm

Hugs to you Mn hugcc for being in touch with your higher self and for helping others heal. toast
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:30 pm

thanks and I felt that fired up
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:48 pm

flower

Lightening
i became a 3rd level reiki practicioner 13 years ago....i won't call myself a reiki master because i don't think anyone has mastered it yet..we are all still learning..

i have always felt a need to help/heal/aid others and and i would naturally reach to touch someone and more or less send energy without knowing what i was doing
so
when i heard of reiki i did some research and decided that i wanted to try it and i wanted to see if what happened when you are initiated into something ...i was very skeptically but curious too..

so i signed up for the first reiki class with that attitude..that i wouldn't be fooled or talked into thinking something happened..
the instructor did her thing and explained all about stuff and ask if anyone wanted to lie on her massage table under which were three antahkarna boards..and that it would change your polarity..she wasn't trying to fool anyone she did full disclousure

HAH i thought..so i watched a few and then tried it...damn..was i surprised...as i approached the table i could actaully feel an energy...
but i still didn't think it would do anything to/for me..
it did..big time...i could actually feel the change..i could feel the energy swirl around/thur my body in two different directions and then it was so peaceful ..i didn't want to get up..
that was the beginning

after many hours of instruction and questions we were inintiated one by one in private...again i didn't think i would feel a difference...but i did..i don't think i can explain it..it was subtle but there...
it was amazing..
then we did second level
and then
after another 6 months in which we did free treatments on many types of folks..on our own with them signing a paper that we had given them a 'treatment'....we were accepted into reiki master class..
it was three very intense days with much to learn and practice...

i was jazzed to go out there and work on as many folks as i could find..and i did just that..i got tons of practice and with each person my knowledge was expanded
..i didn't and still don't feel a monetary exchange is right..but that is just me some i know have made a lot of money at it...one woman in pgh charges a percentage of folks income..but to each their own

3 years later, myself and a friend who had done all three levels at the same time drove across the state for a 3 day intensive taught by Diane Stein, whose book we thought was great..
that was a turning point...an eye opener..first of all the woman is mental..well, was mental..i have no idea if she is still in a meat suit

we got to hear how some of these folks would only recognize certain linages...who was your teacher and who was theirs and back to the source of usui and his original 12 ...
so here we go..a wonderful system for healing and folks want to be in tribes yet again..my master was better than your master..
crap..big disillusionment...feelings of naiveity in not knowing this before ...
there is a guy in ohio named william rand who trashes all the others..healing touch started by a nurse , whose name i can't recall, decided to put her own twist on it..and so it goes..on and on

if you do some searches..there were tons of reiki message boards..each by someone doing it their way..
really, check it out
sigh
sigh
sigh
instead of coming together the egos took it and ran..it was a great way to make money ..especailly if you were getting students..
very
very sad

ok..that is the personality stories that i have...

when you are taugh the signs and how to use it, you are supposed to keep it all a secret...hey maybe that was a good idea at the start but sadly it's only helped out the egos..

now the actualy use of reiki is a bit different than just..i want to heal ..or laying on of hands by anyone...don't get me wrong..anyone can do it..
like most things some better than others..and i would not give up what i have learnt and i really fell that
being initiated into it does something to your aura/energy/whatever?

i would recommend it to anyone..but i would say read up on it..and take a free class...you can even get the intitiation long distance..

i wanted to do it for nothing in my home..till i thought about it...i didn't want all that energy in my house...so if i couldn't work in their's..where i of course used clensing and protectin..or a nuetral site..then i didn't do it
it was much easier to do a cleanse on me before and after than on the whole house and area..

i can say that it has reinforced my own ability and i use it almost daily.. i can't say if it would be any different without the training.. i can only say that it was something i wanted and went for and i would not tell anyone not to
i would only say..read up and get your first initiation for free....

i hope this isn't too long..i haven't talked about it for a long time..it has just become a part of who i am

hugs
D
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:56 pm

Maybe you could heal my right shoulder Sky giving me awful pain from a Car accident some years ago I think or at least hope thats all it is
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:59 pm

it wasnt long at all. It was fascinating. She had hands on hep by her good friend who happens to be a shaman. She was very knowledgable and when we chatted, I was still very much asleep. DARN I did learn from her and am thankful for all she taught me.

She would tell me that people would tell her they could "feel" the vibes outside her home. She told me she had angels in every room hmmmm She told me the colors and of course thats all she did was see lights all over. Do you also?

I lost touch with this beautiful person and I miss her alot. She has been on mind alot and I wonder what is going through her minds now a days.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:08 pm

mn truth

i came back to say that reiki was only one of the things i have studied on my journey and that you will be drawn to what you need
and
wow
you type fast..lol

call to your friend..just out there in the air waves...ask for a re-connection or info on her..and then it let go..you will be surprised, i am sure

no i seldom "see' colors...i mostly see clear energy waves in different types of patterns and feel things..sometimes i know the color..but i rarely actually see it

and yes i have "angels' everywhere also...and i think if you look you will see some around you...

if you want to take a class..look to your local community college..it's amazing what they offer now..or if you have a free spiritual type newspaper anywhere in your city area..you may find ads...
my first yoga class was at the Y..so check there too...you just never know..

put out the call and just wait for all the info to come your way..it will
big hugs
hugv
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:09 pm

This is a fantastic thread!

I wish I could contribute something but I have no experience. I really appreciate everyone's input. There is a lot to learn from each other.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:11 pm

flower

Reunite
if you have every reacted out to aid someone automatically..you do have experience...
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:14 pm

I never thought of it that way..thanks
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:23 pm

flower
NB
my apologies..i didn't mean to skip over your request

i will be glad to send to you..but there are one or two things you need to know

first..take stock of your body ..all over..make sure you know how you really feel..not just how you think you feel..honest..it's different
second no alcohol

third...give me a few minutes and i will send..
you may or may not feel anything right away..
drink lots of good clean water..that is to flush toxins...

if you have taken meds..let me know.k?
will that all be ok?
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:27 pm

Reunite, you can do it and don't need any kind of formal training. sunny
Just remember this:

We are all born with Reiki.

All living beings have it and the Universe is filled with it.
It is the force that helps us heal when we are injured or sick, because its function is to return living beings to health and wholeness.

This ability allows you to tap into an unlimited supply of "life force energy.
It is available to everyone.
You can start sending healing energy to people and places far and wide, whether or not you've had any formal training.

Our connection to the Infinite White Light is our divine birthright.
We all can do it.

We just have to remind ourselves that we can
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Thanks Linda,

As I said I have a lot to learn from everyone here.

I just need a little push in the right direction and a reminder.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:54 pm

sky,

Your abilities sound a lot like my friend's. Born aware of the ability and took Reiki to learn how to control and understand the ability. He is a master (like he says whatever that means). He's also studied a South American healing tradition that greatly increased the long distance healing abilities. I was the guinea pig at the time so I can testify to that.

I also go to free Reiki chakra balancing and healing sessions weekly in my area for about two years now. They are group sessions with 7 different healers and different people every week. There are a couple of them that seemed tuned to me and vice versa. One woman says when she clears my blockages that she feels hers being cleared along with mine. I guess that's a new experience for her. I always ask for her.

I always get visions when I go for the sessions and the most wonderful feeling of lightness of body and spirit. I usually see a huge eye that changes all sorts of colors reduces to a pinpoint then grows again. I assume it's my third eye opening.

I had one experience where I went because I was seriously drained of energy from some sort of attack. During the session I saw an arc of light coming from Sedona straight to my chakra. It electrified me. When I left the session I felt like I was a foot off the ground. I literally couldn't feel my feet touch the ground.

Yes anyone can access it but I agree you should understand what it is you're reconnecting to or accessing. I often draw off my friend when I'm in pain. That way I don't need to bother asking.

Northern Boy I can relate to your pain, I've got a shoulder problem too from two car accidents, the same shoulder got reinjured. Hope the energy sky sent helps!

I understand exactly what you mean sky when you talk about the lineage and all the different types of teachings out there. Why does everything so natural have to be made compllicated and people get greedy thinking they can charge outrageous amounts to help others.

I love going to the reiki sessions because I never know what's going to happen. sunny
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:26 am

as you all have posted re" reiki, it intrigues me and
i certainly do not doubt a word of what anyone here is
saying.... BUT...
i think back to this experience with sis, posted here:

https://theforceiswithinyou.forumotion.com/winehippie-spiritual-road-trip-2009-f36/curiouser-and-curiouser-t709.htm

and i am a bit apprehensive to experiment, as this is a POWERFUL
thing, and not to be taken lightly
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
sky otter
sky otter

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:43 am

flower
L222
it sounds like you need to know how to hold the healing energy so you don't have to clear the same blocks
and also do some protection

mostly meditation will work...and we all do it differently and it is all good
but there are negitive entities that can be a bother so you do need to know how to
keep them from sneaking up on you..

the weekly reiki sounds like a great experience..but i would say be careful that it doesn't become a craving
instead of a help....
balance is the key to all work..energy, emotional, mental, psychical..balance is where it's at

maybe you should ask one of the reiki practioners to show you how it is done and then you try it..

energy and healing aren't things you can store up on...they are constantly in motion
your state of health ..or at least in most folks i have come across
the state of health is deeply connected with their state of emotion..
and the state of emotions is deeply tied up with who we think we are and how we fit
we are all different and
all affected differently by our emotions but we are all affected

that is the major reason why i try to practice joy in each day..it helps me to balance out any feelings of negitivity towards
anyone i come across during the day..or on forums..lol
and yeah sometimes i need to go take another walk to get back to the joy feeling..
and also so i don't drift into trying to get back at anyone..or taking offence at stuff directed towards me
it isn't easy to be balanced but well worth it

sigh.. looks like i went off on a tangent again..sorry
laughing hugs

and Reunite...truly if you have automatically reached out to aid someone...you have attempted healing...
there is nothing formal about it and yes we all do it..like i said..some are better at it than others..like playing a piano
and like playing the piano or learning techniques for anything there are many systems of training...
reiki is that..a system a training ...
and no you don't need to be trained to heal
but
yeah there is always a but..
but it doesn't hurt to know as many things about healing or ways to heal that we can..
it's only one system of many that i have trained in...all with the same goal
of making me/you/whomever a more clear and direct channel of energy

it's all good...no need to trash someone for trying all the methods

flower
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:48 am

flower

oh Hippie..didn't see your post as i typed...

i don't think what happened to Sis was the same thing..
but you keeping watch and staying with her was your way of healing
even though you may not have called it that

did she ever figure out if it was a spontaneous kundilini rising or something else?

hey out there in the desert maybe she was caught in the headlights of something
did you give her a good bop for scaring you so badly..so many times?? lol!

wave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiki   Reiki Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reiki
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the force is withIN you !!!!!! :: Health :: Alternative Medicine & Healing-
Jump to: