the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My trip to the Mayan Riviera

Go down 
+3
sky otter
Reunite
micjer
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Empty
PostSubject: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:01 pm

Ok folks this may take a while for me to put this all together the way I want it to come across.

First of all I am sure everyone is familiar with the History Channel and its message of 2012, the mayan calander and their end of world prophecy. If not here is their show.

Many of the structures that they show in this are all within walking distance which was built 160 km out in the jungle by the mayans 1000 years ago.

Now in their aired show they really want to emphasize the end of the world scenario and doomsday prophecy.

affraid
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:09 pm

Now here is John Major Jenkins website.

http://alignment2012.com/

Now he was featured in the History Channel show, but was pissed off because they only took the quotes they wanted from his information and did tell his whole story. He states that the calendar indeed ends in 2012, and there is a galactic alignment, but does not agree with the doomsday prophecy.

Here is what he has written on his website in regards to the 2012 movie.

The 2012 Movie

Quote :
Guess What? There is ZERO evidence that the ancient Maya predicted the end of the world in 2012. The Maya calendar does not END in 2012. DOOMSDAY-2012 is a fallacious construct, a projection of exploitative and underinformed writers and Western nihilistic fantasy. A huge publicity campaign has begun for Hollywood's 2012 catastrophe movie, to open November 13, 2009. Is this Hollywood appropriation of 2012 mere harmless entertainment? At the very least, this entertainment comes at a price, and that is: the complete and utter misrepresentation of what 2012 meant to the creators of the 2012 calendar. I write about this in my new book, The 2012 Story. My nine books on Maya cosmology and tradition going back to 1989 explore the facts, the evidence, and the reconstruction of a lost paradigm.

Here is what he has written about the History Channel....

Quote :
An unfortuante trend since about 2005, especially evident in the 2012 documentaries produced by 1080 Productions for the History Channel, is the unethical and inaccurate co-opting of my work, enslaving it to the fantasies of doomsday pimps. Unfortunately I was hoodwinked several times by lying producers and my work as it appears in the mainstream marketplace is now confused with pole flips, Nostradamus prophecies, solar flares, and other manifestations. 2012 has become sticky paper for irrational and poorly researched oddities and unethical documentary producers who, despite my clarifications which were offered to them during the interviews, chose to misinform the public about the facts of the Maya calendar. I wrote about this problem in my op-ed pieceAn unfortuante trend since about 2005, especially evident in the 2012 documentaries produced by 1080 Productions for the History Channel, is the unethical and inaccurate co-opting of my work, enslaving it to the fantasies of doomsday pimps. Unfortunately I was hoodwinked several times by lying producers and my work as it appears in the mainstream marketplace is now confused with pole flips, Nostradamus prophecies, solar flares, and other manifestations. 2012 has become sticky paper for irrational and poorly researched oddities and unethical documentary producers who, despite my clarifications which were offered to them during the interviews, chose to misinform the public about the facts of the Maya calendar. I wrote about this problem in my op-ed piece "How Not To Make a 2012 Documentary."
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:12 pm

Now after visiting there, and talking with the locals, I can see where JMJ is coming from.

I am still working at downloading my pics, but when I do I will show you the things that stood out to me in regards to supporting him.

bigw
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:31 pm

So mic what did you feel when surrounded by the pyramids? Has any of your perceptions shifted towards the mayan calender since your visit?

Looking forward to the photos.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:45 pm

Here is the deal with the pyramids.

5 years ago vandals broke in and sprayed graffiti and damaged some statues that were inside.
So they have roped off the area so you can't climb or touch them.

Did you know that there is a pyramid inside the big pyramid? I feel that these were all man-made with local rocks and mortor. Not like the Egyptian ones that had assistance. Everything fits together nicely, but no more than a house foundation.

My wife and I did not feel anything magical.

In regards to the calander.....no difference in my opinion of it. According to the guide, it is no different than our calendar ending on Dec 31 and the next day starts over. Same with this only on a much larger time scale. It does accurately coincide with the galactic alignment of our galaxy.

Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:59 pm

Didn't know about the pyramid inside the pyramid.

As I have stated before when an Age ends another begins. The Doomdayers like to focus on the end of the calendar but won't draw any attention to a new period of time.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:42 pm

rainbow heart

Mic
i had heard about the pryamids inside .. a few really good programs on pbs about actual archeology
they claim each new regime built on top of the previous and that there were spaces between each

when my sister was there you could still climb them..but she said there were/and had been so many tourist
that there was no 'feeling' of the ancient...you have just confirmed that

can't wait to see your pics and more

you are basically confirming that the hype on 2012 is like that of Y2K...blown way out of porportion

welcome back
flower

Back to top Go down
Gerardgeert
Gerardgeert

Number of posts : 352
Humor : Niccolò Machiavelli
Registration date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:48 pm

Hey you'll

About the calendar ha, there's a big diverence.
The gregorian in in Decenia's century's an millenia, like all times 10.
I would call that a human, endlees "illogical" calendar.

But

scratch , i'am not able to find the pyramid with in the pyramid.

Someone got, a link maybe.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gerardgeert?feature=mexp
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:10 pm

The pyramid of Kukulcán

Quote :
All are impressive structures and the majesty and importance of the site is obvious to anyone viewing it. However, it is the dominating pyramid of Kukulcán, called El Castillo, which we are most interested in. Inappropriately named by the Spanish, since it does not look at all like a castle, this structure is 32 meters tall and has 55.5 meters to a side. The body of the monumental structure is formed from nine steps or levels, each succeeding platform smaller than the one underneath, creating a stepped pyramid with a staircase on each of the four sides. The inner chambers are really those of another older and smaller pyramid inside the larger one. The inner pyramid is dedicated to the moon, while the outer relates to the sun. There is one internal staircase giving access to the inner pyramid. Within the vestibule is a jaguar throne and a chacmool, a type of altar for offerings. The jaguar is studded with jade, fitted with fangs of stone and painted red. When it was discovered, a shell and turquoise-encrusted disk rested on the seat, the shells laid out in the form of four snakes.

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/chngmexico/221
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:28 pm

What is truly amazing is that the mayan astrologers and mathematitions were able to calculate the mayan calendar.

Also there is no debating the fact that earth climatic events are increasing. World economic turmoil is everywhere. Increase of ufo activity. Life seems to be speeding up.

So I would have to say that this is different than Y2K. End of the world no, but change has to be coming! New Paradigm on the way?

Whatever is coming the mayan people do not seem to be concerned about it!

However...........

It should be pointed out that most of the mayan people of this area have little connection to their ancestors and their beliefs and religions. When the spaniards invaded the area, they forced the catholic (Jesuits again) religion onto them, and the education system was corrupted to take their own history out of the classroom. Todays mayan feel little or no spirtual connection to this site.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:31 pm

Ok I am going to start my pics with a picture of the east side. They don't show this one in the publications. Notice how the left side is without covering mortor and the stones are exposed? Well the whole thing was like this until it was made over. The stairs are numbered from 1 to 90. They used oil based paint so it won't come off!!!

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011095

This second pic shows a structure that is under the big pyramid. As Sky mentioned they kept building new structures over top of others as the civilizations progressed.

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011094
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:43 pm

cool

I wonder what they would find if they kept excavating.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:54 pm

No one really knew what was beneath the pyramid that I spoke to.

This is a picture of the north side of the pyramid. It is the only side that has the snake heads at the bottom. It makes the serpant shadow twice a year as we all know. The pic shows the roped baracade and also the only door entrance into the temple.

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011083

This is the west side. Kinda of neat story. My buddy was standing taking a pic of the temple, and young guy (20 ish) asked if he would mind taking a pic of him and his girlfriend standing at the bottom. My buddy said ya no problem. Once he was ready the young guy dropped to one knee and opened up a small ring box and proposed to his now fiance! How cool to witness that!

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011066

One of the other buildings on this site was their observatory that they used to track the stars.

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011084

Last edited by micjer on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:58 pm

sunny

Reunite
i have read that two of them are supposed to be over some kind of cave or tunnel system but i haven't been able to
find a crediable source on it

Mic
just for clarity i meant the 2012 was like the y2k in that folks thought it was the end..

but if you think about it, with the y2k thing they had to fix the computer software so that time wouldn't stop at 2000
and they didn't know if they could correct all the computers in time to not stop time..lol

and how interesting that the 2012 thing is a take on a specific time ending
guess we need to fix our internal personal software so we don't stop then..

Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:28 pm

Is everyone familiar with the ball game the mayan used to play? Well they played a game which was a cross between volleyball and basketball. They couldn't use their hands or their feet. They wore heavy armor with helmets and shoulder pads and forearm pads that they used to hit a heavy ball. The object was to not allow the ball to touch the ground and to hit it up through rings located on opposite sides of the arena.

Ball park from a distance...

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011067

Entrance to park.

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011068

This the actual ballpark. The acustics are amazing in there. If one person claps it sounds like 10. You can hear a whisper from someone that is standing on the wall if everything else is quiet.

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011072

Now these are the rings that they had to knock the ball through.

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011071

This where the royalty watched the game from....

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011073

Now the maya believed in reincarnation. The teams selected captains who were the best at the sport. A bit of twist though, the winning captain was decapatated at the end of the game, giving tremendous honor to the winning captain's family.

This is on the wall, and depicts the body of the winning captain. The stuff coming out of the top is blood. If you look to the bottom left, you can see the head of the captain with blood flowing downwards. They used to drag the body over their fields to increase the fertility of the soil!

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011074

Here is a link if you are interested in more on this game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_ballgame
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:36 pm

I think I'd rather be the loser in that game.

Loving the pics mate.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:45 pm

rainbow heart

Mic
the pics are great and better than being there

thanks so much
clap
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:53 pm

Thanks! I was thinking about you folks when I was there!

This building was like a convention center. It was called the Venus Temple. The pillar area had a wooden roof, and people would use it like we would use a picnic area. It was used when there was ballgames or ceremonies at the temple.

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011101

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011096

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011097

Last edited by micjer on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:42 pm

very cool, mic, i have always wanted to go ...
so thanks for taking me there ....
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Gerardgeert
Gerardgeert

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:53 am

A Solarpyramid, over a lunar one.
That sparks, my interrest even more.

Cheers for that, aswell as the pics.

fired up
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:44 am

They also had a nunnery and an area for the male priests.

No air conditioning in these buildings. We were not allowed in but it apparently is 50 degrees celcius and very humid it there.

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011087

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011085

Now this is a closeup of this building.

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011090

Even closer....

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011088

And closer still.....

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011089

hehe. The only true habitant that lived there that I saw.

Back to top Go down
Gerardgeert
Gerardgeert

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:19 pm

sorrysmil micjer

But do you, remember the name of the lizzard's home.
You know;
I googled (inner pyramid), and got the same building.
So i'am curiouse, about the typical duality.

Something one of a kind, in contrary to the pyramid & temple shapes.

Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:34 pm

micjer wrote:

And closer still.....

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Christmasandvacation2011089

hehe. The only true habitant that lived there that I saw.

lol!

The reptilians are spying on you
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Jerry I will try and find the answer to your question.

I wanted to repost your thread here if you don't mind because it is very relevant to this thread.

https://theforceiswithinyou.forumotion.com/t4484-the-awakening-trilogy

Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Jerry here is a map of the whole site.

The lizard was in the nunnery down at the bottom left.

My trip to the Mayan Riviera Mapa_chichen_ING

The double pyramid is El Castillo in the middle.

http://www.cancun.com/Mayan_Ruins/Chichen_Itza/Map/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the Mayan Riviera   My trip to the Mayan Riviera Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My trip to the Mayan Riviera
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next