the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help. Empty
PostSubject: I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help.   I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 am

I have a 1999 Mitsubishi MR coupe. It is silver, but on the left hand side of the car low on the doors and across a back panel there are now five or six red paint indentations where a big red car obviously scraped very hard along mine when I was not there. Now I am wondering should I pay I am assuming $2,000.00? to get this fixed, re-sprayed as I only have other party, fire and theft insurance on my car at the moment, or when I get another car hopefully next year trade it in on another.

You know she has only done about 150,000 kms, one owner me and since I put her in and got her serviced, brake pads done, brake fluid flushed and refilled and the drive belt replaced as it was cracked last week, she goes like a bird. Maybe I should just respray her and keep her.

What do you think guys, I don't know................you know it's me.............sometimes I just don't know and I ain't got no males around to ask at the moment. :scratch

The only thing I worry about is I am the one that drives mum around everywhere as she is physically not well and my car has not got air bags. It is the air bags I would like. ?

Yes I know what your thinking, with the state the world is in now and everything but I do need to get from A to B and get mother to the doctors, take her shopping and the rest. It is a practicality issue. sunny
Back to top Go down
stephen Podliska
stephen Podliska

Number of posts : 596
Humor : YES and then some!
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help.   I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:35 am

Simultaneous Biggles...

Sound like YOU MAY KNOW BEST ON THIS!!!

My thoughts are:

If 1) the CAR RUNS WELL
2) IS RELIABLE and
3) IF YOU ENJOY DRIVING IT (outside of the paint issues & the air bags)

... I WOULD.. LOOK INTO GETTING a few repair quotes to SEE IF THESE OPTIONS.... "sit well with you"????

REALISTICALLY....... IT MIGHT BE... ULTIMATELY... YOU!?!?!... WHO IS GOING TO HAVE TO LIVE WITH YOUR CHOICES ON THIS!! & I KNOW... that YOU WILL DO FINE!!! :)
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help.   I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 3:28 am

Thanks hon,

I am gonna make a note to watch those videos you pointed out to us too.

Stay cool my friend. band letz party
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help.   I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 5:07 am

Maybe you should pimp it up and sell it! Lots of young men would love to have this car.

I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help. 26503190002_medium

Seriously you may want to see how much it will cost to paint it. If it were mine and running well I would be inclined to keep it. On the other hand if you could sell it for a decent $ and could find something reasonable it might be time to deal it.

A friend of mine always says that everything is for sale, at a price.

Cheers hun! toast
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help.   I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:35 am

From my experience air bags are like getting hit in the face with a hard covered book. And if your hands are in the wrong place on the steering wheel they could break your thumbs if you grip the wheel to tightly . Trust me I know
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help.   I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Mic, you found an exact photo of my car, he,he, only mine is silver, but with those bad red streaky scratchy things now. It is like the one in the photo with that thingy on the back that sticks up.

Thanks guys, I am going to get some quotes on getting that side resprayed. Isn't it strange how you get really attached to a car, like you have feelings for it. scratch xo
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help.   I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:14 pm

Biggs what type of insurance policy to you have? If you have a no-claim bonus the excess should only be around $600 to fix it up without any penalties to your policy.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help.   I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:31 pm

If you don't have comprehensive insurance (by the sounds of it) get one of your sons friends to steal and run it off a cliff.

Well maybe not. See what you can sell it for in it's current state. If you spend $2000 to fix it up you still will only get about $7000 for it. So just advertise it on carsales.com and see if you get any offers. Some panel beaters may buy it and fix it themselves.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help.   I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:47 pm

I have been logging on to carpoint.com.au and doing research, your right R, with my kilometres without the damage I could get about that, but as you say with the damage I would have to pay out a lot anyway.

I will check with my insurance, it is with APIA. I will talk to them first I think just to make sure I cover all the bases and then as you say I might be able to sell it cheaper as is on that car site you mentioned.

I am doing some research on the carpoint site. Some of the demos of new cars with some low km's on small cars are not too bad in price, so I think that might be the go. As we all know if you buy a new car these days from a dealer as soon as you drive it off the lot it decreases in value, so I am thinking that might be the way for me personally.

Thanks guys again for being there for me. Anytime you need me I am here too you know that. kiss of love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help.   I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need some man advice on a car issue or anyone who might want to help.
Page 1 of 1