the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Astral phenomena and other Siddhis

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Astral phenomena and other Siddhis Empty
PostSubject: Astral phenomena and other Siddhis   Astral phenomena and other Siddhis Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:40 am

My current thinking (and practice) is that Astral phenomena, Siddhis (supernatural powers) etc are diversions from the shortest path. As we evolve these powers will come naturally.

I am unqualified to offer advice on this, but it seems to me that the high priority is to seek the perfection of the skill of meditation and don't be distracted by wandering off down a path of say learning how to levitate etc.

For me it seems clear that the priority should be on attaining a clarity of mind and developing the inner faculty of discrimination to a point that we may punch straight through the Astral plane and meet directly with our higher selves in the mental plane.

A..
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Astral phenomena and other Siddhis   Astral phenomena and other Siddhis Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:04 am

Hello anchor,

I think your post is a good one and i also agree with what you have said. In the last few years I have been leaning to the thought that the "supernatural powers" we all have might not be supernatural at all, but perhaps natural abilities all humans are equipped with. Anyway just food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

PostSubject: Re: Astral phenomena and other Siddhis   Astral phenomena and other Siddhis Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:03 pm

Agree with your thought, thankyou!

I suppose I should have made my point clearer: perhaps one should not make the aquistion of siddhis the goal of ones endeavours, but accept them as they come.

A..
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Astral phenomena and other Siddhis   Astral phenomena and other Siddhis Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Hello Anchor,

Spiritual things are a real trip and I enjoy talking about them.

toast
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Astral phenomena and other Siddhis   Astral phenomena and other Siddhis Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:14 pm

This is a subject dear to me. I've seen so many stray from their paths seeking immediate gratification trying to gain abilities they are not ready to handle. Some of us are not even meant to have them. We all have our roles in the coming changes.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

PostSubject: Re: Astral phenomena and other Siddhis   Astral phenomena and other Siddhis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:05 am

Lightning222 wrote:
This is a subject dear to me. I've seen so many stray from their paths seeking immediate gratification trying to gain abilities they are not ready to handle. Some of us are not even meant to have them. We all have our roles in the coming changes.

I am very glad you are here.

A..
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Astral phenomena and other Siddhis   Astral phenomena and other Siddhis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:57 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astral phenomena and other Siddhis   Astral phenomena and other Siddhis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astral phenomena and other Siddhis
Page 1 of 1