the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Empty
PostSubject: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:56 pm

flower

http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/top10_unexplained_phenomena-1.html

1. The Taos Hum
Some residents and visitors in the small city of Taos, New Mexico, have for years been annoyed and puzzled by a mysterious and faint low-frequency hum in the desert air. Oddly, only about 2 percent of Taos residents report hearing the sound. Some believe it is caused by unusual acoustics; others suspect mass hysteria or some secret, sinister purpose. Whether described as a whir, hum, or buzz and whether psychological, natural, or supernatural no one has yet been able to locate the sound's origin.

2. Bigfoot
For decades, large, hairy, manlike beasts called Bigfoot have occasionally been reported by eyewitnesses across America. Despite the thousands of Bigfoot that must exist for a breeding population, not a single body has been found. Not one has been killed by a hunter, struck dead by a speeding car, or even died of natural causes. In the absence of hard evidence like teeth or bones, support comes down to eyewitness sightings and ambiguous photos and films. Since it is logically impossible to prove a universal negative, science will never be able to prove that creatures like Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster do not exist, and it is possible that these mysterious beasts lurk far from prying eyes.

3. Intuition
Whether we call it gut feelings, a 'sixth sense,' or something else, we have all experienced intuition at one time or another. Of course, gut feelings are often wrong (how many times during aircraft turbulence have you been sure your plane was going down?), but they do seem to be right much of the time. Psychologists note that people subconsciously pick up information about the world around us, leading us to seemingly sense or know information without knowing exactly how or why we know it. But cases of intuition are difficult to prove or study, and psychology may only be part of the answer.

4. Mysterious Disappearances
People disappear for various reasons. Most are runaways, some succumb to accident, a few are abducted or killed, but most are eventually found. Not so with the truly mysterious disappearances. From the crew of the Marie Celeste to Jimmy Hoffa, Amelia Earhart, and Natalee Holloway, some people seem to have vanished without a trace. When missing persons are found, it is always through police work, confession, or accident never by 'psychic detectives'). But when the evidence is lacking and leads are lost, even police and forensic science can't always solve the crime.

5. Ghosts
From the Shakespeare play "MacBeth" to the NBC show "Medium," spirits of the dead have long made an appearance in our culture and folklore. Many people have reported seeing apparitions of both shadowy strangers and departed loved ones. Though definitive proof for the existence of ghosts remains elusive, sincere eyewitnesses continue to report seeing, photographing, and even communicating with ghosts. Ghost investigators hope to one day prove that the dead can contact the living, providing a final answer to the mystery.

6. Deja vu
Deja vu is a French phrase meaning 'already seen,' referring to the distinct, puzzling, and mysterious feeling of having experienced a specific set of circumstances before. A woman might walk into a building, for example, in a foreign country she'd never visited, and sense that the setting is eerily and intimately familiar. Some attribute deja vu to psychic experiences or unbidden glimpses of previous lives. As with intuition (see #3), research into ,human psychology can offer more naturalistic explanations, but ultimately the cause and nature of the phenomenon itself remains a mystery.

7. UFOs
There is no doubt that UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objects) exist - many people see things in the skies that they cannot identify, ranging from aircraft to meteors. Whether or not any of those objects and lights are alien spacecraft is another matter entirely; given the fantastic distances and effort involved in just getting to Earth from across the universe, such a scenario seems unlikely. Still, while careful investigation has revealed known causes for most sighting reports, some UFO incidents will always remain unexplained.

8. Near-Death Experiences and Life After Death
People who were once near death have sometimes reported various mystical experiences (such as going into a tunnel and emerging in a light, being reunited with loved ones, a sense of peace, etc.) that may suggest an existence beyond the grave. While such experiences are profound, no one has returned with proof or verifiable information from "beyond the grave." Skeptics suggest that the experiences are explainable as natural and predictable hallucinations of a traumatized brain, yet there is no way to know with certainty what causes near-death experiences, or if they truly are visions of "the other side."

9. Psychic powers and ESPPsychic powers and extra-sensory perception (ESP) rank among the top ten unexplained phenomena if for no other reason than that belief in them is so widespread. Many people believe that intuition (see #3) is a form of psychic power, a way of accessing arcane or special knowledge about the world or the future. Researchers have tested people who claim to have psychic powers, though the results under controlled scientific conditions have so far been negative or ambiguous. Some have argued that psychic powers cannot be tested, or for some reason diminish in the presence of skeptics or scientists. If this is true, science will never be able to prove or disprove the existence of psychic powers.

10. The Body/Mind Connection
Medical science is only beginning to understand the ways in which the mind influences the body. The placebo effect, for example, demonstrates that people can at times cause a relief in medical symptoms or suffering by believing the cures to be effective - whether they actually are or not. Using processes only poorly understood, the body's ability to heal itself is far more amazing than anything modern medicine could create.

just consider the source..of the list...
lol!
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:04 am

11. The Crystal Skulls
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:16 am

flower

NWO

the crystal skulls have fascinated me for a long while
and i'm not sure that any of the theories i have heard are correct

yeas ago i got to see the mitchell-hedges skull up close and personal..
and while it was amazing..i didn't feel the energy some say they have
but then there were probably about 300 others cranning in line to get up to it so
that may have been the problem
anyway

do you have any theories or ideas about them??
wave
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:40 am

One theory I have is that they store some sort of information inside them sort of like a computer chip or something along those lines. Thats cool that you got to see one, even if you didnt get to feel this so called "crystal power". I think it would be cool to do some sort of reike type healing with one and the crystal ball as well. What about you , do you have any theories?
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:55 pm

flower

i have always thought also that they hold some kind of info..and i have just been fascinated by them
until i read what you just said:
One theory I have is that they store some sort of information inside them sort of like a computer chip or something along those lines.

and a wow popped up in my brain..computer chip??...hummmmmmmm electro magnetic???
how do we read them..or hear them..and now i am wondering what they look like under black light..or a ruby lazer..and how could we get them together...and what have they done to figure it all out..

when i saw the michell-hedges skull it was at a spiritalist community in NY called Lilydale...and as a group meditation was done
but i don't work well in large groups and i tried to just focus my awareness on the skull but there were just too many people for me to accomplish it...but, heres the wierd thing..my mother who is devout catholic went also (along with my sister)..and she said she could feel something during the meditation..she couldn't describe it but said it was "good"..like the feeling she gets in church..

we saw the film that a nephew of mitchell hedges's daughter(i can't recall her name right now) and the owner (?) had put together
about it's history...and they were going back to england then...the nephew was supposed to be taking care of her and the skull and all.
for years it was real quiet about it..and then this much much younger guy pops up who married her and now has the skull
there was a program on one of the tv channels and then camelot interview and now quiet again..

so i guess i have sorta concluded that there is some kind of personal energy that will turn the skull ON to let it's info be know and until that person comes into contact with it..we won't know
i also think the folks who have had their hands on it so far..have not had alturistic enough energy to accomplish that

and now i feel the need to go look up stuff and see if i have missed anything recent..
wave
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:14 pm

flower
ok.. here's the site with all the info on the many of them

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_6_1.htm

and as i re-acquainted myself with the info
i thought of something

a bunch of IF's here

if they were not done by humans

perhaps they might be the crystal remains
of those from atlantis who were able to survive and take info around
aren't we supposed to go to crystal when we have totally evolved?
or
if we were made to order from aliens
perhaps these were mistakes
or
perhaps these are record keepers of our gene splicing

or
perhaps they are only scale models some group was using
for???
our manufacture

oh the old imagaination is working now.... lol!

what do you think??any more ideas?
sunny
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:22 am

"The Mitchell-Hedges skull is made of clear quartz crystal", which is the same material found in computer chips, silicon crystal. My brother thinks it might hold a record of some major event. I would assume aliens or maybe the ancients, our advanced human ancestors created the skulls.

"perhaps these are record keepers of our gene splicing", is a very interesting idea, because I would think that would be the biggest secret one would want to teach to us. Lets say you were an ancient and you needed to pass on knowledge to your specie. What knowledge would you want to pass on??? I think the truth about our genes would change the entire game.
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:38 am

If I was an ancient another type of knowledge I would want to pass on is a returning date. When I would come back to earth. But then again I would also want to open up some sort of communication with my people as well. Maybe when these skulls are finally understood, that would mean that the human being was evolved enough to discover whats up, thus the ancients would return, or we would be able to open a line of communication. I would also want to pass on a type of education as well. There are what, 13 crystal skulls, a crystal ball, and there is also supposedly a crystal statue of a young boy as well, in Brazil somewhere. What were human skulls used for in ancient traditions?
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:02 pm

flower

NWO

maybe we need to understand how to use them and them it is like ET call home and they show back up
and
i also think the truth about our genes would change the entire game..maybe it wouldn't be a game then...

personally i would like to just sit with one for awhile to see what i got/how i felt with it

maybe i should put that wish out there as a fact and just see what happens...

in the back of my memeory i think i read soemthign about these people who held the skulls all coming together every so often..i think i will try and find that reference.....
or maybe it was they wanted to..and i wonder what would happen if they were all together..anything?
hummmmmmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:55 am

I definitely think something would happen, on camelot Mitch-hed interview, he said that when they put the crystal ball next to the skull they all lit up. So i would assume if you had them all in the same room with the right type of energy or vibe. It would go down. And if it didnt I would at least shine a flash light on them to get a cool effect.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:45 pm

flower

ok.. found a few places they will be..but looks like they are now making them and you can buy one for yourself..hummmmmmm
anyway if you want to travel the circuit..this seems to be it

flower

In 2009-2010 They plan to be in several cities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, inc. Arizona, Colorado, Maine, Hawaii, California, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Tennesee. SEE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS.
Or you may email or click here for more details on the upcoming schedule.

Visit www.Crystal-Skull.com for more information about crystal skulls, about Synergy, Crystal skull resources, upcoming events, stories and more.

Sherry Whitfield Merrell is an internationally known speaker and facilitator of workshops on various spiritual, metaphysical and esoteric subjects. Sherry emphasizes simple, practical applications for spiritual, personal and professional development. Clairvoyant since early childhood, she is known for her down to earth and gently humorous approach to spiritual topics.
You'll find more information at her other website

Mitchell-Hedges
Crystal Skull of Love

If you would like to know the current schedule of where this crystal skull is publicly appearing with its caretaker, Mr. Bill Homann, please click on the link below to
go to the page on the Mitchell-Hedges website where the
latest events are listed with the
appropriate contact information.

www.mitchell-hedges.com

Joshua Shapiro
A Crystal Skull Explorer

http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/csevents.html#planned

Lighthealer.net, Woodstock, GA
Saturday, August 8th
(2 Hour Talk, followed by Private Sessions)

Attn: Marilyn Meyer
Woodstock, GA 30189
Phone: 770-924-7581
Email: mrmeyer@bellsouth.net

Joshua will offer a two hour talk about the crystal skulls including a slide presentation to discuss some of the well known crystal skulls in the world. He will also share about his experience with the Atlantean Crystal Ball discovered by Doctor Brown and lead us in a short hands-on exercise to experience the energy of the crystal skulls. The lecture will conclude with a meditation for world peace. Private sessions we be offered for those interested 1/2 hour after the talk finishes. To register your place, book a session (can be done without doing the lecture if you wish) and for directions, feel free to contact Marilyn.

Meditation Mantis, Roswell, GA
September 18th-20th, 2009
(Intro Talk, Full Day Workshop, Private Sessions)

Attn: Connie Taylor
Roswell, Ga. 30075
Phone: 770-645-6936
Email: info@meditatingmantis.com

On Friday, September 18th, Joshua will offer a talk as an introduction to the crystal skulls which includes: a few stories about his amazing travels with the skulls around the world, some live music and a meditation for World Peace. Saturday, September 19th will feature a full day workshop which includes a slide presentation and some hands on work with the skulls plus a discussion about theories about how the crystal skulls were created, by whom and why they are vital for the future of humanity.

On September 20th, Joshua will offer private sessions working with his five crystal skulls, the "Crystal Kids" accompanied by his partner, Katrina. The session allow one to meditate with the crystal skull of their choice and receive a spiritual healing along with an intuitive reading by Joshua. To schedule the private sessions, please contact Meditating Mantis directly.

Harmony Learning Center, LLC, Decatur, GA
September 25th, 2009, 7:30-9 PM
(Introduction to the Crystal Skulls)

Attn: Patricia Kilpatrick
1989 N. Williamsburg Dr., Suite F
Decatur, GA 30033
Phone: (678) 570-8314
Email: info1989@harmonylearningcenter.org

Joshua will offer an informal introduction to the crystal skulls via a sharing of personal stories, jokes and live music. Also the evening will feature a book signing of Joshua's first crystal skull book (with co-authors Nocerino and Bowen), "Mysteries of the Crystal Skulls Revealed". The five crystal skulls that travel with Joshua known as the "crystal kids" will also be present for you to meet.

http://www.angelslove.net/crystalskullvideo/

Some of our contributors are:

Bill Homann – Caretaker, Mitchell-Hedges Skull of Love
Mayan Priestess Flordemayo – World famous crystal skull worker
Dr. Chet B. Snow, PhD - Author of “Mass Dreams of the Future”
Dr. Jaap van Etten, PhD - Author of “Crystal Skulls Interacting with a Phenomenon”
Kallista Snow, Jeanne Michaels, Madra Gayle Little, Michelle Lee Handa,
Carolyn McDermott, Arthur van Steen, Jaimee Nevins, Sherry Whitfield Merrell, & More!

http://www.crystalskulls.us/cskull2.htm

Crystal Skulls:
Skeletons of a Mysterious Past
by D. Trull, Enigma Editor - Originally Published by ParaScope, Inc.

Last edited by sky otter on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:00 am

Thank you very much for this info sky.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:47 am

flower
you is much welcome NWO
even though i think a lot of this is hoakie..i think i will try and check out the one in pgh ...always nice to know what they are doing..
and i'm curious.
if you get to see any of em..let us know what you think...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
hugs
D
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:13 pm

Hell yeah its hoakie especially thanks to Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena   Top Ten Unexplained Phenomena Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1