the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SINCE I CAN POST VIDEOS NOW

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

SINCE I CAN POST VIDEOS NOW Empty
PostSubject: SINCE I CAN POST VIDEOS NOW   SINCE I CAN POST VIDEOS NOW Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Here is my favorite Bob Dylan song.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: SINCE I CAN POST VIDEOS NOW   SINCE I CAN POST VIDEOS NOW Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Here is the great Bob Dylan in 1964 at the Newport folk festival singing mr. Tambourine man, my second favorite Dylan classic.

In 1964 I was 15 years old, and I was just getting into music, and the world stage. I was amazed at the angelic facial features of Dylan at this performance. Something about it captured my Spirit, as I watched the angelic features of Dylan enjoying what he was doing as he was singing. I cannot explain what happened to me that day when I saw this but it helped Change me forever.

Music is a wonderful medium, only limited by the listeners imagination, and the spiritual qualities of the very talented performers.

I cannot say the impact of this song on my life, but it was substantial, and it was my favorite before I ever heard of the Beatles, and between the two, I did not have a chance at a normal childhood.

The gifts of God in mankind is awesome, and leads many to remembrance of who they are.

Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: SINCE I CAN POST VIDEOS NOW   SINCE I CAN POST VIDEOS NOW Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 10:19 am

awwwwwwwwwwww, gabe .... dylan was indeed instrumental in my "growing up", too....
i remember in my sophomore year of high school, in an english class, writing a paper on 20th century american poets, with him as my subject, as i felt him to be the poet laureate of our generation ... (everyone else was submitted papers on the poetry of t.s. eliot, carl sandburg, robert frost, ezra pound, etc) ... it bothers me somewhat that these days there are some people who maintain that dylan was a "tool" used to brainwash us, that he "sold his soul to the devil" for fame and fortune (i refer to dave mcgowan and jan irvin, and that interview with ed bradley, a well-known msm host, just to name a few) ... i have reflected often on whether i was influenced in such a manner and i resist the idea ... because dylan made me THINK and his lyrics helped me to see the the insanity of the "establishment" ... did he serve to divide the younger generation from the old, to separate the family? well, i feel that the hypocrisy of the 50's ideal needed examination and dylan certainly inspired me to question, question, question ... was that a negative thing? as i sit here today, i think not, as we are more awake because of an early quest for truth, sparked in part by his music ... i would love to hear your thoughts on this ... here is one of my favorites, maggie's farm, performed live at farm aid with tom petty, willie nelson & others (and for all you young 'uns, listen to the words)

"Maggie's Farm"

I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
No, I aint gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
Well, I wake up in the morning
Fold my hands and pray for rain
I got a head full of ideas
That are drivin' me insane
It's a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more.

I ain't gonna work for Maggie's brother no more
No, I aint gonna work for Maggie's brother no more
Well, he hands you a nickel
He hands you a dime
He asks you with a grin
If you're havin' a good time
Then he fines you every time you slam the door
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's brother more.

I ain't gonna work for Maggie's pa no more
No, I aint gonna work for Maggie's pa no more
Well, he puts his cigar
Out in your face just for kicks
His bedroom window
It is made out of bricks
The National Guard stands around his door
Ah, I ain't gonna work for Maggie's pa no more.

I ain't gonna work for Maggie's ma no more
No, I ain't gonna work for Maggie's ma no more
Well, when she talks to all the servants
About man and God and law
Everybody says
She's the brains behind pa
She's sixty-eight, but she says she's twenty-four
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's ma no more.

I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
I aint gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
Well, I try my best
To be just like I am
But everybody wants you
To be just like them
They say sing while you slave and I just get bored
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more.
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: SINCE I CAN POST VIDEOS NOW   SINCE I CAN POST VIDEOS NOW Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:24 am

I always liked Maggie's farm as well. Dylan's word pictures are rather special. Greatest American poet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SINCE I CAN POST VIDEOS NOW   SINCE I CAN POST VIDEOS NOW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SINCE I CAN POST VIDEOS NOW
Page 1 of 1