the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DAVID AND GOLIATH

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

DAVID AND GOLIATH Empty
PostSubject: DAVID AND GOLIATH   DAVID AND GOLIATH Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:45 pm

David was born the last in his family. He was delegated to all the menial jobs by his family because he was a black sheep, he always tried to rock the boat, he was a rebel and a troublemaker from childhood. He never got along with the establishment, and they tried hard to indoctrinate him into their frame of thinking. His parents could not control him, they sought professional help without desired results.

The problem was David thought he was different from the others as he seemed to remember a lifetime before and connections to who he may actually be.

David pursued his private thoughts and became more separated from the established position of falling in line and thinking like the others, so he was always an outsider to his family, he was always not like the others in his family?

He was in charge of the sheep of his families herds. This was a good place to keep him out of the main stream and away from the public, so he would not embarrass the family.

God decided He needed a king to replace King Saul who became a compromised King because of his pride of being chosen King by God and he became perverted by power.

God anointed David as the next King, because David was Humble. David was tending the sheep when the war broke out against the Israelis from the palestinians.

Davids older brothers all went to fight. King Saul was in charge and at the front giving orders to his men. The Palestinians sent out their great warrior named Goliath. Goliath was 9 feet tall, and musclebound, and all the Israelis were afraid of this "bad ass" because he looked so BIG and so BAD.

David went to the battle formation and King Saul asked for a volunteer to fight Goliath, but no one responded. David spoke up and said, I will go against him. God agreed and caused King Saul to also agree. David was sent out and he took nothing but his shepherds bag with him.

This bag contained his sling shot and nothing else. On his way to confront Goliath David crossed a stream, in this stream David picked up 5 stones, and he put the stones in his shepherds bag.

He kept one stone out and loaded his slingshot, and slung it and hit Goliath right in the forehead and killed him. Then the sheepherder took Goliaths sword and cut his head off.

David killed Goliath with one shot, why did he pick up the five stones to start with if he only needed one?
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

DAVID AND GOLIATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID AND GOLIATH   DAVID AND GOLIATH Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:02 pm

You got me there Gabe, I am intrigued though scratch
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

DAVID AND GOLIATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID AND GOLIATH   DAVID AND GOLIATH Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:10 pm

It is a question I've had for a long time. I was looking for some input as to what I think the answer is?

I was just wondering what others might think it means, you know the old saying, there is wisdom in councillors.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

DAVID AND GOLIATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID AND GOLIATH   DAVID AND GOLIATH Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:50 pm

Ooooh, I understand now, I thought you knew the answer already and wanted to quiz us.............

okay.........I am putting the thinking cap on, but my cap will have to try hard me thinks. lol.

PS: Goliath being 9 foot tall affraid sounds a tad annunaki doesn't it. scratch
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

DAVID AND GOLIATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID AND GOLIATH   DAVID AND GOLIATH Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:22 am

Gabe I think David just picked up his five stones for missiles against Goliath in his sling shot but in the end he only needed the one.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

DAVID AND GOLIATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID AND GOLIATH   DAVID AND GOLIATH Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:44 am

I think you are right Biggs about having more stones to throw if needed. I have prayed and meditated about this and came up with what may be the explanation, or at least as I see it.

The five stones were symbolic of the five keys to the Kingdom of Light/the Kingdom of Love/the Kingdom of God/source.

What I got was this, The five keys are wisdom, knowledge, understanding, faith, Love.

If we learn to walk in this knowledge we have all the keys of the Kingdom in order to manifest the defeat of our own personal giants we all have in our lives.

David used one stone/key to kill Goliath, the Key of Faith, that if he went out against the giant with faith that he would win, then he did win, and all the other giants took notice and kept their distance from the small shepherd boy who found the keys.

He used one key and placed the other 4 in his shepherds bag.

Well it made sense to me when I got it....LOL.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

DAVID AND GOLIATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID AND GOLIATH   DAVID AND GOLIATH Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:08 am

I think you have my friend too, it does make sense to me as well. xxoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DAVID AND GOLIATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID AND GOLIATH   DAVID AND GOLIATH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DAVID AND GOLIATH
Page 1 of 1