the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie Empty
PostSubject: Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie   Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:58 am

Story about Dr Jack Kevorkian and his mission to legalize assisted suicide.

This was very well done. If we have terminally ill pets we think nothing of euthanasia. Why not allow this for human beings? Only if you are a sadistic would you really not allow this, if you stop to think about it. It is all about religion.

Quote :
When he was writing the screenplay for the HBO biographical TV movie You Don't Know Jack -- about the right-to-die activist who famously, and infamously, championed the right of terminal patients to die by physician-assisted suicide -- Mazer says the last thing he wanted to do was fall into the old TV trap of cliches.

Mazer wrote his screenplay long before he learned Al Pacino would be cast to play the Michigan pathologist who would earn the nickname "Dr. Death."

Kevorkian famously served eight years in prison for second-degree murder after video of him administering a lethal injection was shown during a 60 Minutes interview with Mike Wallace in November 1998.

"We didn't set out to do a movie about assisted suicide," Mazer explained. "It is a movie about Jack Kevorkian." And Jack Kevorkian is a much more complicated person than the public picture suggests, Mazer said.

Read more:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/health/Story+Death+brought+life+movie/2947125/story.html
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie   Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

My question to everyone is .... Should we have the right to "pull the plug" on ourselves if one is living in extreme pain?

Forget about religious issues, does this go against karma? Do we have to endure the extreme pain?

I do not believe in keeping people alive that are on their death bed, or terminally ill with no quality of life. The only ones that win are Big Pharma and the hospitals that charge for services.

But if one does themselves in, even in extreme suffering situations. does this mean they have to come back and do it again?

questionb
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie   Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:49 pm

micjer wrote:
My question to everyone is .... Should we have the right to "pull the plug" on ourselves if one is living in extreme pain?

Forget about religious issues, does this go against karma? Do we have to endure the extreme pain?

I do not believe in keeping people alive that are on their death bed, or terminally ill with no quality of life. The only ones that win are Big Pharma and the hospitals that charge for services.

But if one does themselves in, even in extreme suffering situations. does this mean they have to come back and do it again?

questionb

This is one of them big, big questions for me Mic, having been brought up a catholic. I am not worried about the religious aspect of it anymore, but as you said it is the karmic one I am concerned about and have pondered on.

Now, having been on the path for quite a while I have come across writings in the past that stated contrary to religious beliefs you do not go to hell if you suicide. If you come to think about this for a minute it makes sense and I will tell you why it does to me. People who contemplate suicide or are successful at it could be mentally ill or undiagnosed mentally ill, or in that moment before attempting it and being successful are in that moment not mentally or psychologically or emotionally well. If maybe they attempted it and were not successful they could think differently about it and are glad they were not, then again others keep going till they are. In my opinion all of them are not well in one way or another and therefore cannot really be judged for being so. Okay now to get to the terminally ill.

Unless we are in their position and do not go through the pain day in and day out that they do we cannot really understand it can we. Also people who are slowly deteriorating through some sort of rotten disease that is taking its toll on their body, bodily functions etc, they are going through not only the physical aspect of this disease but also it is having an affect on their psychological or mental side as well; which comes back does it not to not being in their right mind, which is a cliche I know but it is true.

Pain day after day, not having control of one's body, not having any quality of life, having to rely on other people to look after you etc, etc takes a toll on one's mind.

So, in essence based on the above, being in that situation physically can also affect one mentally and emotionally to the point where they give up, they just cannot cope anymore, clinically depressed and again not in their right mind because of all the above. So can they be judged for this? That line comes to mind, do not judge unless you want to be judged yourself or something like that.

God, the Creator knows the innermost workings of everyone's mind, He knows exactly what you are feeling and thinking, so based on that I do tend to think he might be lenient or I would hope so.

I tend not to take anything religious dogma says anymore due to the fact that the scholars who write the dogma were mostly power hungry or were told to write by the ones who wanted control etc. Some of the most evil perpetrators in the world wear the robes of catholic dogma.

All long term disease and illness most of the time eventually leads to a mind which is not right.

Another stream of thought I ponder quite often is if the Creator knows everything that a person does in their life before they even do it; then wouldn't He know this. Also would this not be in the Akashic records; or do the Akashic records change as we go through our lives. I mean God being God wouldn't He know everything beforehand that everyone was going to do. To my mind I don't think I am going to take on board anything anymore and just search for the truth and then make up my own mind.

So many questions to ponder scratch
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie   Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:30 pm

Great discussion micjer.

IMO it should come down to freewill of course, so yes we should have the right to pull the plug if we so wish.

Once we cross to the other side and have our past life review with our spirit guide/s a discussion if any karmic balancing is relevant or not for the next reincarnation will surface.

People who commit suicide are in a distorted state to not love themselves and will most likely come back and re-learn their lessons however if the last few moments you experience in the 3D comes from a place where you carry much love for yourself who should not worry of any karma.

It's where we chose to hold back any love for yourself or others will be the greatest lesson to come back and do it all over again.

Also your fate on how or when you leave the physical may of been already decided by yourself before you incarnated too.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie   Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Another thought that has just come to mind is the stream of thought that we are all aspects of God; that God blew out from Himself his children, us, the aspects of God.

Now we could go down the path of Lucifer who thought he could overthrow God because God gave him as much power as himself; well nearly, which ofcourse was a big mistake on Lucifer's part.

We are different I believe because God wanted to experience all things through aspects of Himself, us; so any pattern of behaviour or action can be God experiencing everything that can or could be experienced could it not?

We could get into murky waters here I'm thinking.

Mmmmh, more pondering.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie   Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Death is usually associated with fear. This comes from religious dogma, scary movies involving gore and evil entities, fear of loneliness and losing a loved one etc.

People will put themselves through the horrors of chemo or radiation to avoid death and stay in this 3-D world. They offer their own and perhaps families' fortunes to try new "unapproved" treatments in places like Mexico to just live a little longer.

My father was a regular church goer since birth and I know is absolutely terrified of dying. He is confined to a wheel chair, living in a nursing home consuming dozens of pills a day to keep him "living". He would not sign a note saying that he would let them turn off the life support if he happened to go into a coma or cardiac arrest.

Personally I do not want to end up like he has or the other unfortunate people that are in these institutions. Absolutely nothing to look forward to. A one way street. Only one more move they say.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie   Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:07 pm

I volunteered in a nursing home for a while Mic and believe me after doing that there is no way I would want to hang around in there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie   Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story of 'Dr. Death' brought to life in TV movie
Page 1 of 1