the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is the bible telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Is the bible telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Empty
PostSubject: Is the bible telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth?   Is the bible telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:17 am

I would like to start a discussion on the validity of the bible. The bible believers on AV have basically run us out of town, so I would like to explore areas in the bible that are obviously hoaxes or misinterpretations. We could also explore the new age material such as Ra under the same microscope.

Here is a list of a few things about christianity and the bible that do no sit well with me.

1)Are we the only planet in the universe that has intelligent life? Pretty egotistical for us to think this is true. Shech shows us pictures of "people" on mars. (really not sure about that one)
People were hung in the dark ages for entertaining the thoughts that life existed elsewhere.

2)They tell you the bible is the word of God. Well who wrote the bible God or was it man? My research says it was written by man. So were they good men or men that wanted to control the masses?

3)The bible tells us we have one life, are mortal and must get it right or going to hell. How do you explain the all of the reincarnation cases that people have had?

4)We are told that all other religions are wrong including new age. So unless you go to church every Sunday and give 10% of your gross income to the church......well see ya?

5)Ministries such as the Cuttingedge group say that meditation is opening ourselves up to DEMONIC POSSESSIONS! So all of the monks are demons????? They say, "by clearing our mind, the demons will come into contact and appear to be very kind. gentle,and wise. The stage is set for these demonic beings to manipulate and mislead their human victims!"
ooooooooooooh ok! I agree that one has to be careful and not attract the dark energies but there are also many good energies to be in contact with.

6) How does the bible explain ET's and UFO's? Similar to my first point.

7)Gays and lesbians? Don't want to get into a debate whether it is right, but I do believe in free will.

8)How would the bible explain Dannion Brinkley's OBE when he was dead for 28 minutes. He experienced no hell and was not religious. (actually a bit of a rebel) the following is a link to one of his videos.

enough for now..... angelic
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Is the bible telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth?   Is the bible telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:33 am

This is an excellent topic, micjer. Thanks for the great questions.

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts. I'm so glad you're here. good job
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
Dean Plejaren

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Is the bible telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth?   Is the bible telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:04 am

Micjer beautiful questions. I hope my answers are not too bizarre this is my view on it.

1)Are we the only planet in the universe that has intelligent life?

Planets, the universe, and intelligent life can be seen as holographic. Is a hologram the only one? The question does not apply. It just is as it is structured.

2)They tell you the bible is the word of God. So were they good men or men that wanted to control the masses?

Control is a function of life which is holographic. This religion originally is a reaction to cope with things and make people more comfortable as a process of evolution. Something they can hold on to for answers. A spiritual philosophy. It is directed and governed, watched over by people beyond it's belief system. But it is also in existence only because it was called into existence by those that needed it. Now it serves both as a tool of deception as a business, a corporation and as something to fill peoples lives with. It is mostly revealed as parasitic now that most have outgrown it but will not be responsible enough to create something that is more appropriate. So it hangs around stealing peoples wealth and they let it continue as they are not completely uncomfortable with it's existence when it suits them. It's a love hate relationship. They will go to it for answers because they do not want to think and need things simple but wish it would not exploit them at the same time. Think of an 8 year old with a dummy still in their mouth. This is humanity in relation to Christianity. They want the privileges of an adult but will not remove the dummy from their mouth. So they cry "Treat me like an adult" but they do not act like adults. So the mommies and daddies wait until they decide to take the dummy out of their mouth before they will give them the steering wheel to the car they want to drive.

3)The bible tells us we have one life, are mortal and must get it right or going to hell. How do you explain the all of the reincarnation cases that people have had?

How do you explain when your body dies and is buried in the ground. That can be seen as mortal. How do you explain what happens when you don't get things correct? You experience hell. Reincarnation is simply denied because it is way too complicated and deep and would destroy the fabric of the paradigm that it functions under which is that it has all the answers.

4)We are told that all other religions are wrong including new age. So unless you go to church every Sunday and give 10% of your gross income to the church......well see ya?

You have to make a decision clearly which paradigm you fit into. If you are unsure what is right for you they cannot solve that. If they admit other religions are ok and part of it it's no longer Christianity. Which would confuse people beyond their comfort level. However you do have small offspring hybrids of Christianity that are so diverse they practically cater to all these different paradigms.

5)Ministries such as the Cuttingedge group say that meditation is opening ourselves up to DEMONIC POSSESSIONS! So all of the monks are demons?????

The religion does not tolerate higher states of awareness because it is not designed to cope with them. There is no choice but to call higher states that are not compatible with the religions paradigm "all the answers are here for you" as being in league with satan. Why? Because anything not understood exposes that the religion doesn't always have the answers. Which destroys the religion as it is set up. So whenever any question appears it's in the way. Anything in the way is satan. It appears to me you still expect this religion to answer all your questions. This is the dummy in the mouth syndrome.

6) How does the bible explain ET's and UFO's? Similar to my first point.

Again the religion is not designed for awareness of intelligent life in a multi-dimensional universe. So it can't explain UFOs other than they are crafts of satan or Angels of god. The best that can be done is perhaps accept other aliens in physical space living somewhere else. And that they are not included in the religion in the same way that we are. other than that it's pushing the boundaries.

7)Gays and lesbians? Don't want to get into a debate whether it is right, but I do believe in free will.

Sexual orientation dynamics is too complicated for this religion so it's labeled into two distinct categories. Straight and good. Gay and Evil.

8)How would the bible explain Dannion Brinkley's OBE when he was dead for 28 minutes. He experienced no hell and was not religious.

People who genuinely believe in the orthodox version of Christianity are not spiritually prepared to deal with such realities. As a coping mechanism it doesn't exist. If you think it does exist and still want answers. Dummy in the mouth syndrome. Just like anything beyond our comprehension it will not make sense and so will not be believed in. No matter how real and logical it may seem to others who are capable of understanding it.

If I said this in church they would yell at me to get out that I was satan trying to decieve them and slam the door. That's because if I am going to open my mouth I just may put myself in their Satan category. The story of Jesus is actually about someone bringing in new truths and sacrificing themself on the altar of other peoples ignorance. Truth is not a measurement of reality anymore than it is a tool to cope with existence. Is the bible telling the truth? It's time to grow up and realize truth is not confined to what you want to think it is. Infinite eternal mysteries cannot be contained to finite definitions including the word "truth". It is gods glory to conceal a thing and truth cannot be fully revealed ever because it's infinite. If you can face the horror of this you just may be ready to start seeking truth in a more prepared state where you can take on more things. Instead of seeing it always as a neat little package presentation. "Did that cd come yet it's got truth on it then I'm finished". That's a comforting thought until you get bored of the information on the cd.
Back to top Go down
capreycorn
capreycorn

Number of posts : 92
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Is the bible telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth?   Is the bible telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 5:42 am

scratch

Back to top Go down
http://capreycorn.gaia.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the bible telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth?   Is the bible telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the bible telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth?
Page 1 of 1