the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what a JOKE: 5 Natural Health Tips for Flu Season

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

what a JOKE: 5 Natural Health Tips for Flu Season Empty
PostSubject: what a JOKE: 5 Natural Health Tips for Flu Season   what a JOKE: 5 Natural Health Tips for Flu Season Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 1:10 pm

well, this article wasn't SUPPOSED to be funny, but it took
me awhile to stop laughing - meaning no disrespect to anyone,
but really?

here is the article with my comments in *asterisks .... *

There is no question that flu season is upon us. There are lots of ways to naturally prevent getting the flu if you are willing to be diligent and consistent.

Tip #1 – Get Enough Sleep

Your immune system works at optimal levels if you are well rested and full of energy. The amount of sleep needed varies from person to person. However, generally young children need at least eight to 10 hours of sleep nightly. Adults need approximately eight hours of sleep nightly.

*this one is EASY as most people are sleeping .... *

Tip #2 – Up Your Vitamin C

Vitamin C is one of the best immune system boosters and can help fight off colds and the flu. You can get vitamin C from citrus and tropical fruits, such as oranges, mandarins, pineapple and mangos.

*i would need to research whether my fruit supply is GMO, or not .... *

Tip #3 – Wash Your Hands Regularly

Washing your hands frequently is a simple and easy way to keep your hands free from bacteria and viruses that you may unconsciously encounter. Most of us are not aware of how often we touch our face, including our eyes, nose and mouth, during the day. Basic soap and hot water work well to clean your hands.

*good advice, given the "super-bugs" we have been hearing about .... *

Tip #4 – Stay Hydrated

During the summer, drinking lots of water seems natural because it is hot outside and drinking water is a great way to cool down. However, drinking lots of water allows your body to quickly flush toxins and keep you healthy.

*um, no reference made to staying away from the fluoridated variety? .... *

Tip #5 – Boost Your Vitamin D Levels

Many people have low vitamin D levels because they do not spend much time outside in the sun. However, vitamin D is a vital nutrient that helps boost our immune system and fights off many illnesses. You can get vitamin D by spending time outside in the sun, eating vitamin D enriched dairy products or eating green leafy vegetables.

*ok, GMO issue again; secondly, we might have the sunshine we need if it weren't for the chemtrails ....*

By taking a few simple and basic preventive measures, you might find it easier to avoid getting sick this year. Since the flu season has started a bit earlier than normal this season, it is certainly time to start being a bit more vigilant when it comes to taking care of ourselves.

What type of natural remedies have worked for you?

*not one word about researching and/or avoiding the flu vaccine(s)? .... *

- The Alternative Daily

original article here: http://www.thealternativedaily.com/5-natural-health-tips-for-flu-season/
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

what a JOKE: 5 Natural Health Tips for Flu Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: what a JOKE: 5 Natural Health Tips for Flu Season   what a JOKE: 5 Natural Health Tips for Flu Season Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Yeah I have a similar list to avoid the flu at work.

One of the tips is not to share personal items such as toothbrushes.....lol

Who does that with work colleagues wtf
Back to top Go down

what a JOKE: 5 Natural Health Tips for Flu Season
Page 1 of 1