the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66 Empty
PostSubject: JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66   JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 3:41 pm

When I was 17 years old hitch hiking was legal in all states. I decided to hitch across the USA from Atlanta georgia to the west coast of California , just as an adventure, no other reason.

I went from Oklahoma to Georgia by hitch hiking, then started west to California. While standing on an on ramp in Jackson Missippi at about 2:00 am in the morning, a car drove up to me and stopped, so I thought I had gotten a ride. The car backed up to where I was standing, and I saw the back door window start rolling down, I could not see anyone in the back seat because it was very remote where I was and there was no lights at all.

After the window rolled down, I saw a double barreled shotgun lowered into the window and pointing right at my head. I had no trouble seeing the shotgun however.....lol..then after pointing the gun at me for about 10 seconds they pulled it back in and rolled the window up and drove off.

I never moved or said a word to them, and I now know that by the Grace of GOD MOST HIGH my life was spared.

I made California 2 days later, and I had more money when I got there then I had when I left. I started out with 75 cents, got to California with about 2 dollars and 50 cents, plus I smoked dope and took acid all the way across the US OF A, Thanks to the people that picked me up on my journey.

In the 60's at that time it Was right in the middle of the civil rights movement, so it was God that kept me alive, as I am Caucasian.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66   JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:32 am

gabe you have awesome stories to tell.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66   JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:30 pm

Thanks stal, I love you brother. It blesses me that you enjoyed it stal..... swordsman
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66   JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:46 pm

You should write a book o short stories Gabe, sorry people my letter on the keyboard that sounds like Ph, the one next to d wont work, Eddie somehow dislodged it.

How are things panning out anyway now Gabe. I would just go with the .low meaning phlow. Sorry the absence o that letter is disheartening.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66   JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:08 pm

Yes I agree Biggsy. I am so sorrry about Gabe's mom, but I so happy to have him back telling stories and contributing. fired up
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66   JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 1:14 am

Thanks to you both,Biggs and mic. I did try to write a book about 15 years ago and found out it is a hard thing to do? I did not make an outline at all, and kept self editing myself to the point that I was always trying to rewrite what I wrote and it was terribly frustrating.......Lol I guess I should learn how to properly write so I can get something down and let it be. hypnotize
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66   JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 1:36 am

Gabe: I always think that when I write a letter to somebody, especially if I'm mad at something/someone, that the first thing I write is actually how I feel.

When I re-read it, I then think, dang, I can't say that! Then I go and edit it to calm it down a tad. By the time I've edited, re-edited it, then re-edited the re-editing, I'm down to the bare bones and the body of the letter little resembles the start.

What I do now, is leave it as I started it, then just add to it, instead of taking away. That way, what your heart really wants to say, stays put.

IMO I dunno

Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66   JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:11 am

I think that is wonderful advice sky, and anytime you feel led to tell me something, please don't hesitate, as I love constructive criticism.....thanks
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66   JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Gabe, just your stories here are good enough for a book. You can actually self publish with one of those ebook self publishing companies on the net.

I did one on my cat Biggles - it is called Biggs the Magic Cat - I forget the rest now, years ago I put it up.

Something like - Gabe's stories from the road 60's through to the present

I still remember the story you told about the Army coming to get you at home and you referred them to your brother and then hiked it fast. lolz.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66   JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Yeah Biggs the army story was rather wild....lol my younger brother wasn't to happy though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66   JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JACKSON MISSISSIPPI 66
Page 1 of 1