the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Micro chip in credit card.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Micro chip in credit card..... Empty
PostSubject: Micro chip in credit card.....   Micro chip in credit card..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 2:28 pm

Ok my credit card expired so they have sent me a new one to activate. No problem right.

Well not so fast.....upon looking at it there is a micro chip in it.

They say they have added this for additional security. Problem Reaction Solution......
Micro chip in credit card..... Microchip

Should I activate it or throw it out?

Chip and PIN Was Meant to Beat Credit Card Fraud. Guess What? It's up 50%

http://www.davidicke.com/content/blogcategory/30/82/

Micro chip in credit card..... Debit

Quote :
'Card fraud has leapt almost 50 per cent since the introduction of the chip and PIN system that was supposed to cut the problem. The surge in card fraud comes as the big banks are taking a tough line with victims and increasingly refusing to pay refunds.

At the same time the Home Office has decided that it is no longer the job of the police to record and investigate card fraud. Now police forces across the country are directing victims to their banks, rather than mounting investigations.'

read more....

smileyeatingchochttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1163167/Chip-PIN-meant-beat-credit-card-fraud-Guess-Its-50.html
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Micro chip in credit card.....   Micro chip in credit card..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:14 pm

I pulled the microchip out of my credit card..it's not hard to do.
Back to top Go down
bilderburger w/cheese
bilderburger w/cheese

Number of posts : 94
Humor : available upon request
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Micro chip in credit card.....   Micro chip in credit card..... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:48 am

a great topic, micjer...

i understand (but please correct me if im wrong, as always) that these microchips can be scanned with RFID scanners from a distance... thieves can scan and obtain your CC information.

citibank just sent me a new CC. a note enclosed said that one of their citibank group affiliates (read: criminal racket friends) had their online information ''compromised'' (i love these terms they use!!) and that i need to reactivate my new account. my old account will be terminated on 3/31.

no need to give us an RFID chip in our bodies when they can simply chip our phones and credit cards.

we simply need to keep talking about this to unaware people while dealing with this crap until we reach the 100th monkey. im just curious how much more theyll throw at us. its getting almost amusing to me.

-----

reunite, where is the microchip hidden inside the card? at least on my card, i dont see anything visible on the outside. is there a way to fry the electrical circuits inside the card, rendering it useless?
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Micro chip in credit card.....   Micro chip in credit card..... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:12 pm

Micro chip in credit card..... Awards10

Ours are quite visable..

The magnetic strip on the back still swips fine since I ripped the chip out.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Micro chip in credit card.....   Micro chip in credit card..... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:23 pm

Thanks Reunite,

I ripped mine out now I'll see if it works. A lot easier taking it out of a credit card versus taking one out of your arm.

swordsman
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Micro chip in credit card.....   Micro chip in credit card..... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:44 pm

You're welcome micjer,

However as long as our cell phones are switched ON we are easy to track.

Also here in Sydney it is now compulsary to have what is called an etag to travel along our Habour bridge and tunnel that is fitted to car windscreens for automatic road toll payment, we no longer have the option to pay by cash. What is the bet there is a microchip hiding in the etag.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Micro chip in credit card.....   Micro chip in credit card..... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:09 pm

Reunite wrote:
However as long as our cell phones are switched ON we are easy to track.

Its worse than that. The only way to stop a modern cell phone from being used to act as a tracker or a bug is to remove the battery. With modern phones, even when you turn your phone off, a lot of the circuitry is still powered up. The phone can be remotely activated and used as a "bug" or as a tracker.

I think that it is probably better to leave the phone on and just be aware of the potential rather than having odd behaviour patterns that will flag you as "aware".

A..
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Micro chip in credit card.....   Micro chip in credit card..... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:33 pm

That doesn't surprise me Anchor.

Have anyone heard of flexispy? A company that allows their customers to catch out their cheating spouses by spying on their cell phones. This from their website.

http://flexispy.com/

Is Someone Keeping Secrets from You? Reveal All with the Worlds Most Powerful Spyphone

Download FlexiSPY spyphone software directly onto a mobile phone and receive copies of SMS, Call Logs, Emails, Locations and listen to conversations within minutes of purchase.

Catch cheating wives or cheating husbands, stop employee espionage, protect children, make automatic backups, bug meetings rooms etc.

Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Micro chip in credit card.....   Micro chip in credit card..... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:13 pm

For around 20 bucks you can buy a scanner off ebay that will allow you to read all the info
off anyone`s CC if it has a chip . They are also starting to put these into debit cards . The only way to soive this is buying putting it in some type of wallet with a metal blocker that prevents it from being read in effect this is worse security then what we had. Identity theft will rise dramaticly and the CC companies will call for better security . The next step to HELP prevent this from happening is to have the inserted in our person
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Micro chip in credit card.....   Micro chip in credit card..... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:56 pm

Northern Boy wrote:
For around 20 bucks you can buy a scanner off ebay that will allow you to read all the info
off anyone`s CC if it has a chip . They are also starting to put these into debit cards . The only way to soive this is buying putting it in some type of wallet with a metal blocker that prevents it from being read in effect this is worse security then what we had. Identity theft will rise dramaticly and the CC companies will call for better security . The next step to HELP prevent this from happening is to have the inserted in our person

I cut the chip out of my card and then decided not to activate it . I have another one that dosen't have one in it. I agree that next they will want one in us. No friggin way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Micro chip in credit card.....   Micro chip in credit card..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Micro chip in credit card.....
Page 1 of 1