the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Secret Garden

Go down 
+10
mntruthseeker
Gabriel
raulduke
Reunite
WineHippie
micjer
Linda
zuni
pilgrim
LongHunter
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
LongHunter
LongHunter

Number of posts : 562
Humor : If necessary
Registration date : 2009-02-22

The Secret Garden - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:34 pm

I've got my own towel. :)
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:14 pm

more story, plz, sorry i butted in
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:37 pm

"Hurry up with those eggs, I'm famished !"
"Get your mind off that !" Flip barked, smacking my hand with a spatula as I attempted to filtch a piece of bacon.
"Would you let a comrade perish of hunger ?" I asked, brushing egg off my hand.
"Fuck yeah, you lazy bastard"
"Lazy ?"
"Hell yeah, you've hardly helped out with the cooking or any other camp chore since we've got here" Flip replied in a pissy hangover sort of way.
"That's why you're doing it" I said, swiftly making a grab, snagging my bacon slice a split second before Flip's spatula hissed down through empty air before connecting with our friendly table.
"Doing what ?" he demanded waving the kitchen utensil inches away from my face.
With a mouthful of delicious crispy Gwatney Bacon, I answered - " Why working off your ale tab of course, as I recall you've been knocking back my ale for quite sometime now, not to mention the hard stuff"
Flip's face turned a shade or two - "The hell you say Jim ! I gave you a hundred bucks !"
"And I still have that note on my person" I stated.
"What the hell are you holding it for ?"
"Remember that 50 I loaned you last Winter ?"
Flip's eyes darted about the camp. "Said you straighten me out after the Hoilidays" I reminded.
"Yeah what of it ?"
"Consider it paid off"
"What about the other 50 ?" Flip asked as if waiting for change.
"That Flip, is going for fees, feed and beverage"
"What ?"
"Come on man, we've all threw in a good chunk of change, Patti and Whitey got all that stuff last night, so you may need to throw another hundred in the hat or else cook breakfast and put up tarps" Flip grumbled and turned off the heat to his eggs.
"Stop all this haggling, it's making my head hurt" Denny complained.
"Now there's a sensible man" Claudia said in agreement. I noticed she was sitting across from Denny and thought with a grin - ' There goes my morning leg rub'

Flip backed it up thus allowing me to fill a paper plate. Munching on another piece of bacon, I inquried - "What no fucking biscuits or toast ?" Flip hurled a slice of bread at me then barked - "Here ! Make your own fucking toast !"
"Damn Flip, I guess there ain't no fried taters either, huh?"
"You're about a breath away from getting beaned with a spud" Flip warned.
Claudia's voice cut the upland morning air - "Why don't both of you knock it off ?"
Flip and I both cast her a sideways glare and she quickly turned away to jabber at Denny, so there was no need to tell Claudia to mind her own.

Although sometimes we tended to be in ill moods during a morning hangover we still remained comrades. Not pushing it any further I forgot about the potatos and toasted my own bread over a new fire. Appreciating a full plate I heaped compliments upon the BirdMan then told him to fix us up with some Bloody Marys..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:38 pm

WineHippie wrote:
more story, plz, sorry i butted in

Ok I'll take your towel.
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:08 pm

Charlie clapped his hands - "Yay Bloody Marys !"
"It'll kill the ill" I said.
"No thanks" Flip replied - "But since I'll probaly have one later it'll be my pleasure to hook y'all up"
"Why thank you my good friend" I slightly bowed with a smirk. In short time Flip produced vodka, V-8 juice, pepper and various other ingredients "Any body else ?" Flip offered. Charlie and Denny wanted one, while Claudia did not, enjoying her coffee instead.

Tending the Breakfast Beverage Bar Flip stopped long enough to give me the smelly finger sign while bobbing his brows in a manner of asking if I made it with Claudia last night. with a slight shake of my head I told him - 'No' I then asked in similar manner the same of him and Flip flashed a crooked smile. I would find out later that Patti passed out shortly after entering the tent with Flip soon to follow.
"What no fucking celery stalks ?"
"Put a Pine Cone in it for all I care" Flip sneered. Claudia gave us a glare, but held her tongue. It seemed she had her own special Tuesday Morning feeling going on. I shrugged my shoulders and enjoyed a hearty breakfast.

Charlie had remained more quiet than normal, but after a couple of Bloody Marys he seemed to liven up abit. He had very little breakfast.
Flip told me to rouse Patti and Whitey so as to feed them too. I entered Flip's tent first and with some effort whisked Patti from the DreamWorld. At first she didn't want to get up mumbling something like " Alright Donny, in a few minutes, ok"
'who the hell is Donny ?' I thought as Patti rolled over back into sleep. Time for another approach. A hard pinch to the buttocks soon had her up and blinking in no time.
"I had the strangest dream" Patti said stretching her arms.
"Oh ?"
"I dreamed Donny Osmand had stole me away from David Cassidy,,"
"Spare me" I protested, then said - "Rise and greet the Sun, Little Butterfly, we've got eggs, bacon, coffee and Bloody Marys"
"Oh good god, don't even mention booze" Looking at her sweet sleepy face, I informed Patti - "I watched you for awhile earlier while you were sleeping"
"Was my shirt pulled up ?"
"Why yes it was" I replied
She stated that she always did it in her sleep, a habit so to speak.
I issued a - "mmmmmmm"
"Checking herself Patti asked "You didn't get anything on me, did you ?"
"Not me, but I can't vouch for Flip"
"Damned perverts" she laughed. Even with a hangover Patti was as bubbly as ever.
"Miss let me assure you I would never take such lewd liberties with the un-conscious unless having permission and instructions before hand" and added "Tonight perhaps ?"
"What ever floats your boat, just don't get anything in my hair" With that bit of crude humor out of the way Patti pulled on her shorts, while I emerged into the Morning Sun, then offered Patti a hand up and out..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:30 pm

Waking and feeding Whitey would prove to be a different matter. Patti and I decided to carry out this task.

How we placed him last night is how he still lay. On his back, chin jutting upwards as in the stiffening of death. At first we were gentle, a soft tap and shake.
"Whitey, get up"
Not a stir. Again Patti tapped upon his shoulder, but Whitey lay still. Checking his breathing we saw his chest rise and sink ever so slightly. His mouth drawn tightly closed, yet we could hear breath being drawn in and exhaled out from one clear nostril.
"At least he's alive" I said, then advised Patti - "You better get out of the tent"
"Why"
"Cause it may not be safe"
"Safe ?"
"Some of these fellows come up swinging, especially after a night of revelry" Patti went out ahead of me as I moved a few hard surfaced items away from this sleeping person. Crawling out the tent, then walking to our staff leaning Tree, I took up my stick. Returning I stood just outside our storage tent, leaned in and gave Whitey several sharp jabs to his ribs.
Whitey's eye lids rolled back like a sardine can lid, in the shock of pain he blew out whatever clogged his other nostril. His body shot upwards into a sitting position.
"Huh ! What the fuck !?!"
"Get the hell up and get some breakfast"
Holding his side he asked in no friendly tone - "Fuck man, are you trying to break my bones !?!"
"Only trying" I replied.
Rubbing the back of his head he wanted to know who hit him last night.
"The ground did, you damn sot, you're lucky it wasn't asphalt or concrete"
Within clear earshot of this extended 'rise and shine' morning moment, Flip informed Whitey of what occured - "You toppled backwards off the bench while downing a beer, so we drug your drunk ass into the tent" then added - "Get the fuck up and get you some vittles !"
Staggering out of our storage tent, face twisted, blood red eyes squinting against the Morning Sun, he headed for the back of camp and beyond, almost tripping over an exposed root in the process. "That's what he gets for guzzling a pond full of that swill" Flip said, having very little sympathy..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:29 pm

Whitey loped back into camp and headed straight for the cooler, plucked out a can of beer, popped it open, then threw all 12ozs down his gullet. After releasing a comical over extended beltch Whitey told us he need someone to take him back into town for more beer.
"Fuck that !" Flip barked.
I told him that he needed to use better judgment when at the store stocking up, or else - "Slack down on your fucking drinking Otis"
"Don't look at me" Denny said, not caring to drive anywhere.
"Recalling the storm on their heels last night, Patti said - "Me neither" Crushing the can in his hand, Whitey disposed of it before hitting the cooler again. I inquired about his situation - "How much of that crap do you have left ?"
"Less than two 6packs" There was grave concern in his bloodshot eyes.
"Oh that sounds critical" Flip snickered. Denny reminded Whitey that the campstore sold his brand of beer, but probaly had limited supply.
"Shit man, their beer is overpriced"
"What would you expect at a tourist spot ?" Denny asked, scooping up some eggs.
Then I threw in for good measure - "I must admit they will gouge a person for a cold one, but how bad do you need to stay juiced-up ? And pour that mule piss into a cup before a Ranger passes through.

Invoke no names.

No sooner than the words left my mouth, we heard tires turning gravel. A National Park cruiser, We could not make out any features other than a large head that nodded to us, a wide brimmed Ranger hat and sun glasses as he slowed down. We smiled and waved as he looked straight ahead, moving on to finish his morning round.
"See, what did I tell you ?"

Popping open another beer Whitey plopped down on the bench and proceeded to put a pile of bacon and eggs between two slices of bread. He tore into his breakfast sandwich, consuming it in about 3 or 4 bites, washing the whole affair down with a long guzzle.
"Coffee ?" Claudia offered the pot with a smirk.
"No thanks", Whitey returned - "I'm not driving"

It was then we heard a gurgling sound coming from Charlie's belly..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:00 pm

Charlie's face had a grayish tint to it and his bugged eyes blinked rapidly as the gurgling grew louder.
Claudia asked - " Are you alright"
"Fuck no, he ain't alright" Whitey said, shaking his head.
For some of us it was a hangover cure, or so we thought, Charlie however had just finished his second Bloody Mary. He was on his way to getting started before the coffee cooled. Half falling off the bench into a unsteady zig-zagging run Charlie made for the brush.
"There goes breakfast" Flip howled.
As the tell-tale sounds of projectile vomiting flowed into camp Denny with puckerd nose and knotted brows commented - "Puking after 2 drinks ? That's not like Chuckie at all" Patti stuck fingers in her ears. This was not a pleasant morning sound by any account.

Whitey returning from his truck with a pack of smokes, heard the sickening sound and inquired - "Damn ! Is that Chuck ?"
"Well it ain't no Woodchuck" Flip replied.
"More like an Upchuck" I added.

The sound of spewing had stopped, we heard abit of trampling through the sticks. An "HAAAAAAAAAAAGH !" boomed into camp followed by - "My name is CHUCK and I don't give a FUCK !!" Charlie came out of the Trees at a more steady gate, but with a couple of long, thick gooey drips of vomit tinged drool hanging from his mouth and chin. With a vile smile he said - "Damn, I feel better now"
"You look alot better" I replied, watching one of those slimey puke-goobers drip down on his shoe.
"You look fantastic" Flip added, handing Charlie a paper towel - "Now clean that shit off your face, we got people trying to eat here !"
"Don't want to start a Barf-a-rama" Patti advised. Whitey laughed and called Charlie a lightweight. Flip pointed a finger at Whitey - "He went out the same way you did last night, but had sense enough to fall forward!"
I went on to remind Whitey - "Seemed to me like you were layed low so early in the Night, where I was the last man up"
"Not for long" Claudia said.

"Anybody going to the showers ?" Flip asked, finishing up his breakfast. I counted myself in and told Charlie - "You're going too"
Charlie protested this - "I don't need a shower, I need a drink"
"You need a fucking shower ! You smell like behind a 7-11 Store at 2:00 in the morning !" Whitey blasted.
"How do you know what that smells like ?" Claudia inquired
"Ever pissed behind a 7-11 Store ?" Whitey asked, popping open another cold one.

In short time we cleaned up our breakfast mess, gathered up bathing articles, then Flip loaded Patti, Charlie, Whitey and myself into his truck. We were off to the showers. Claudia and Denny remained at camp drinking coffee..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:23 pm

The ride to the campground's facilities was short and uneventful, but we did plan to give Bear a wakeup call before heading back to our camp.

This Morning the shower house was clean with no clogged toilets. Yet issues concering water temperature and pressure abounded. More than once we screamed as shower water turned from warm to boiling hot. It was soft water, taking us longer than normal to rinse soap and shampoo away. Not at all uncommon at upland campgrounds. Drying off and dressing, I had to remove a Grand-Daddy Long Legs from the small bench before sitting down to pull on my shoes. Placing the creature down, it scampered away on 8 hair-thin legs. It was soon ambushed by a rather large WolfSpider.

To our surprise Patti had already finished her shower house business and was waiting for us outside. She wanted to visit Bear's suite and use the phone. So we made way to BigMeadows Lodge.

Pulling up we saw R.W. standing out at the parking area in the company of a flaxen-haired lass who looked to be no more than 18 years old. As Flip parked and we piled out R. W. pretended either not to know or see us. As we approached R.W. he suddenly gave the smelly finger sign in attempt to ward off our company. Needless to say we all ambled on up, not heeding his signal.
"There's breakfast back at the camp" I informed R.W., blowing whatever cover he had. Turning to the young lady I offered a " Good Morning Miss, my name is Jim" Instead of returning response to my morning greeting she gave R.W. a rather odd look. The young lady then gave us all a haughty once over before turning her button of a nose up in what appeared to be disgust. Scrambling for an introduction R.W. told us - "Everybody this is Yvonne"
Together like a group of 3rd graders we all gave greeting - "Good Morning Yvonne !" She did manage a shallow - "Hi" then told R.W. she had to get back with her friends, but before departing, Yvonne invited R.W. up at their RV. We all bid her Goodbye as she bounced away in a half- skip like walk.

"What the hell man, you ashamed of us ?" I demanded pointing the end of my stick at his poofy head.
"Oh no, it's not like that at all " R.W. stammered, thinking he was about to be jabbed. He then went on to tell us that Yvonne along with three of her highschool chums were slumming for a year before going off to college. "Rich kids from Fairfax, they're borrowing Yvonne's grandparents RV"
"Doesn't mean she has to act like a snot" Whitey bluntly said while watching the young lady walk up a rise in the road. By now we were quite use to this as for some reason young comely women of gentry status seemed to gravitate to R.W. After that these relationships would turn bad because of either he would fall back to his Heathen roots or Brother Denny attempted to 'Snake in' on any current lovely R.W. was courting.

"Did you see those clothes ?" Patti asked, then added - "That girl ain't slumming"
R.W. stepped back and said - "I don't think she's use to people like you"
"Like us ?" I growled - "You are ashamed of us !"
Taking a step forward Whitey gave R.W. an ominous look, then turned to us - "I guess that this fluffy Poodle is much too over-cultured and well bred to sit under the Trees with us for food and drink" Without his brother to back him R.W. stepped back and kept his tongue sheathed..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:38 pm

Taking a good look at my companions I realized what a strange sight we were, especially for some young Northern Virginian woman of means. What a strange sight to any teenager of the 1980s. Patti was clad in a pair of short-shorts and a Bucks Brand Bar Tshirt with a pictured logo of an erotic dancer wrapped around what appeared to be a brass pole. An exotic entertainer in the company of four roughly casual attired longhaired bravos, armed with belt knives and still abit damp from showering. We could of been casted in a teen slasher movie, or in the eyes of some snooty Northern Virginian Princess, the real deal. Aside from his thick glasses and strange shirt, Flip with his dark features, long hair confined by a faded bandana, had the appearance of a lean half-starved 'off the reservation' Television Western Apache out to ravage. The perpetual psychopathic gleam in Whitey's eyes was enough to make many people stand back, or lock their car doors, after making eye contact at a stoplight. He was raggedly garbed in an old Army surplus camouflaged Tshirt and a pair of frayed cut-off jeans. Charlie, with his shirt inside-out, long uncombed wet hair and skinny legs sticking out of a pair of knee-length shorts had the look of a scag addict on holiday. While we had not changed our look in over 15 years, R.W. always kept up with all the latest styles, fads and fashions. The Morning Sun winked upon a large diamond stud in his ear as I asked - "Where is The Bear ?" R.W. jerked up a thumb at the lodge and replied - "Inside, getting ready"
"Ready for what ?"
"Ready to check out or register for another night, seems his decision rests upon getting today's weather report"
"He needs to shed both pounds and that hot clothing" Flip stated, adjusting his headcloth.
I informed R.W. - "Well Patti needs to use the phone in his suite"

Door unlocked, we filed into Bear's rented lair and a voice boomed out through the bathroom door - "Who's there !?!"
Patti put a finger to her mouth in telling us to hush then in a disguised voice loudly answered - "Housekeeping !"
Bathroom door flying open and almost off the hinges, The Great Bear barged out while saying - "But I didn't call for a maid,,," Seeing it was us he first bared his teeth in a menacing manner, but that swiftly softened into a wide friendly smile. Patti then ran up to the large critter and threw her arms around him..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:32 pm

Walking around, looking at the suite's lay-out, I commented - "Figured you to be still sawing logs here in the lap of air conditioned luxury"
"Nope I'm checking out, gonna hole up with y'all tonight, suppose to cool down some today and tonight"
"Shit man, so we got to listen to you buzz-saw timber tonight ?" Flip asked, out of Bear's arm reach.
"Stuff some ear plugs or else, put down the bucks for a suite" Bear replied. Plopping down on one of the beds I admitted - "Damn, this is comfortable"
The Bear, checking the chain on his wallet, said - "Yeah I would of still been asleep, but R.W. went out about an hour ago and brought back some coffee from the lodge restaurant, pretty damn good, you should try some"
"Since when are you a judge, when it comes to good coffee ?" I asked
R.W. fluffing his wavy locks in front of a large mirror wanted to know - "Denny still crashed-out ?"
"Back at the camp with Claudia" Charlie answered, standing behind R.W., mimicking his grooming efforts.
"So what was all that weird talk of soul suckers and evil spirits last night ?" R.W. inquired and then complained about the ointment he applied the night before "It stained my face and navel, I couldn't get it off,no matter how hard I scrubbed" Sure enough there was faint traces of yellow streaks on his face and upon lifting his shirt, we saw the navel was stained as well. Flip, Whitey and myself then lifted ours, seeing our navels dyed in the same mud-yellow color.
"Strong to last long" I told them.
"The Great Bear watching all of this issued a low rumble of laughter - "What's next, a string of dried Raccoon turds around your necks ? That'll keep em away for sure"

Gathering up his belongings, The Bear left a sizable tip and suite's key on the table then limped forth and out behind us..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:47 am

While Flip took Patti and Charlie with him to get a few bags of ice from the campstore, the rest of us held council in the parkinglot.

I talked about plans to leave Big Meadows and split off from Claudia's party.
"Why not tell her straight-up ?" The Great Bear suggested.
"Because there's something wrong with that picture" I replied. After informing them of Guy's plans of leaving tomorrow for Fort Valley and reminding all that meant one more Night here with Claudia's party, R.W. laughed and said - "I don't believe she's a vampire in the traditional sense or else we'd all be dried beef by now, but there is something strange about her, Mildred and Guy"
"How mean you ?" I asked, wanting to compare thoughts.
"Well to start with, she has more or less hung with us the whole time, while Mildred and Guy have been mostly absent since they have arrived"
"You find that odd ?" The Bear asked then slapped R.W. on the back with such force it almost sent him to the ground, then went on to say " Can't blame her for wanting to be in the company of such nice gentlemen"
"Well that's to be expected" R.W. replied - "But there is something afoot"
"Of course there is" The Bear said - "She's a Witch"
Whitey gave Bear an odd look - "A Witch ?"
"Maybe a Sorceress" The Bear answered, then added - "That doesn't mean she is not drawing power from either this place, us or both. At least she's more pleasant than some I've encountered"
"Pleasant or not she could very well be stealing our life force and that makes her vampyric" I stated - "Maybe a Red, maybe an Old One"
The Bear tugged upon his beard - "An Old One, then what the fuck is she doing staying at a campground, instead of sucking souls at some black tie event, or the top floor of some corporate office ?"
"She may be an outdoor lover" R.W. replied with a grin.
"She may be hunting for fresh meat" I said.
R.W. grabbed at his crotch - "Fresh meat eh ?"
"That too, as a way of drawing prey"
"Witch ?" Whitey again asked, shaking his head "Lastnight she was a vampire, and you had me put that crap in my bellybutton. "How long before that stain wears off ?" He continued - "I think y'all have lost your fucking minds, especially you Jim !" Over the past several years Whitey had been growing apart from our band and although on rare occasion he got up with us for outings such as this, he mostly socialized in a different circle. Whitey now on the most part ran with more of a right-wing which included his Shipyard buddies and others who were abit too gritty for my liking. Mostly they were hard drinkers, that had a fondness for car racing, television wrestling, violence, prostitutes and beer whores. Long Haired Rednecks, Suburban Crackers, Republican Grunts who bought into whatever the Reagan Regime was sticking out on the racks. Like them, Whitey was giving up Rock-n-Roll for Country Music and free expression for parroted propaganda. Like them he was sinking further into obscurantism, more and more drifting away from the Mysterious and Magikal, towards sodden nothingness, liver disease or Christianity, maybe all. With all the beer swilling, wenching, gambling, sporting events and thinking about going to church on Sunday to ask for forgiveness, there was scant time for any thought concerning Spirits, Magik, or Witches.

Bear, Denny, Flip, R.W. and myself were all Pagans of sort and the Supernatural World was very real to us. A world that included Sorcery and Witchcraft. Most if not all of us have had past encounters or experiences with Witches..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:26 pm

We had met what many call White Witches once west of us in Floyd County, powerful, wise, often envolved in noble worthwhile causes. There had been encounters with Black Witches who used their power to do bad and most always in the association with evil spirits. Some of these were once White, but they dabbled in the Grey before slipping into darkness. Then there was the Reds, of these I've never encountered, but heard tales of such around past campfires. Powerful, beautiful, wise, wealthy, manipulative and could no doubt charm the spines off a Porcupine, then make him roll over belly-up. Often they were Rulers, High Counselors of Emperors and CEOs, but in many cases ruled through puppet-king husbands and lovers. Among the Reds there are those who sell their services to the highest bidder, taking to either side of the field as long as the wages are ample enough. Within their numbers they range from the ancient pure stem ruling class to the scarlet or henna dyed pledges and wannabees, along with all inbetween. Concerning these Old Ones we had our suspicions and were not sure if they were even human. We had heard The Old Ones were just that - Old, some thousands if not millions of years in age.
From what we had been told, these Old Ones when not in guise ranged in complextion from an Old Ivory, to a saffron hue. All were said to have either yellow, amber or hazel slightly slanted eyes and Reddish locks. Their tongues, long and pointed like a Skink's. Among humans they take on a more comely form, or else just steal someone's body. Once they were more numerous and controlled large areas of land, tribes, nations, kingdoms and empires. Now there remained only a far scattered few. Through time, acts of malice or breeding with Sapiens their numbers were in decline. It was said that their bodies could be killed, but if their spirits were not dispatched as well they could just leap into another's flesh, organs and bones. We only knew of one Shaman who could be up for the task, but he was currently sick and dying again. No telling when he would be back, but that was a couple hundred miles away.

Purebred, Hybrid Relation, Pledges and slaves, they all filtched personal power, from whomever they chose to make prey, mostly unsuspecting, lust-addled fools, like us, but probaly not as fucked-up. They dreamed of a time when they once again grow powerful enough to hold sway over a vast, ever-expanding blood-red realm.Even some of the Blacks were now in relation or service of the Reds. The Greys idolize them and often bend to their wills.

Rarely did we talk about Reds or any other Witch, yet the Great Bear and I once sat in on a debate between two of the Elders engaged in an interesting exchange concerning the Reds. Were they an ancient, almost extinct variety of advanced Sapiens, or else something all together inhuman ? Oh the tales, the graybeards could tell, especially after a few good puffs and quaffs. Yet we remembered these stories..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:58 pm

"Reds, huh, If that's the case, what comes next ?" R.W. wanted to know, showing slight concern.
"This is their last night here with us" The Bear stated, then went on to say - "If this is a Red, or close kin, she probaly knows we suspect something"
Remembering more of the old stories, I warned - "She may turn into a wild dangerous animal this last night" At that Whitey laughed, then swore at us - "Shit ! Just listen to your crazy-ass selves ! Y'all sound like a goddamned Saturday Morning Cartoon !" After lighting up a smoke he continued - " Vampires, Witches and a addled Bear,, Oh fucking my ! "
"Addled ?" The Bear asked, with a dangerous glint in his gray eyes.
"Just listen to youself" Whitey replied - "She's probaly some bored, older foxy rich broad, out and about, looking for some strange"
"Hmmmmmm" R.W. responded, then put forth - " What better place to hook-up, than some out of the way tourist spot and adjoining campground ?"
Whitey added - "Check in for a few days, get's all the pud she wants, then go back to her hometown without a worry of ever seeing any of us again. As far as we know, she could be married or somebody of high standing somewhere" He sounded sure of himself, yet the look in his eyes did not match the words he just spoke. Whitey knew all too well, there existed such folk, having witnessed first hand the Supernatural Power of the Crazy Sand Pit Witch back in our old stomping grounds. No doubt over the years he had strove to put it out of his mind. Who could forget the night back in 1976, when The Pit Witch mesmerized two Hampton cops after they came up, un-aware on an outdoor party which she was hosting. They were ready to bust the lot of us on numerous charges until The Pit Witch rose from a log she was perched upon, looked both of them in their eyes, making their jaws go slack then told them - "You're gonna apologize to me and everyone here for rudely barging in and interrupting my birthday party" With blank faces they complied and left us to our own.
Later that night The Crazy Sand Pit Witch shoved Whitey a good 15 feet backwards and up against a Gum Tree for trying to hit on her. Quite a feat for a teenage girl weighing in at only about 90 lbs. Her brothers were sure to make a mess out of Whitey the very next day. Two black eyes and a fat lip. Not a good weekend for our friend.

Getting back to the subject and attempting to take the edge off this matter, I said - "If indeed Claudia is connected with the Reds, it's doubtful she is a pure-bred. More than likely she's a hybrid daughter or grand-daughter. Maybe a prodigal wildchild, removed from her kind. Exiled if you will"

"What about Mildred and Guy ?" R.W. asked, in which the Bear responded -
"Personal servants or slaves"
"Or Familiars in human guise" I added.
"What about the Pop-Up and station wagon ?" Whitey inquired.
"Real" I returned - "A carriage, driver and attendant. A rough ride and crude accomodations, but reliable enough to serve worthy during hunting season"
"Alot of campgrounds up and down the Blue Ridge" R.W. reminded us
"Alot of drunken campers in those campgrounds" Bear added.

"Speaking of which" Whitey brought to Bear's attention, then requested - " Do you mind swinging by the campstore on the way back ?"
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:06 pm

The Great Bear issued a low rumbling growl then asked Whitey in no friendly tone - "What the hell for ?"
"More beer" Whitey said paying no mind to Bear's bearing.
"Well shit man !" Bear snarled - "Flip went to the store, you should of rode with him !"
Whitey pleaded his case - "I wasn't thinking about it at the time" This was odd, I thought, usually for Whitey beer was a top priority. The very fact he stayed with us, listening to talk concerning the Supernatural instead of leaving with Flip was strange enough in itself.
"That swill has eaten away at what brain you had" The Bear scolded. He grumbled abit but agreed to take Whitey to the store.

Waiting for Whitey to get his Beer and R.W. taking a wizz, The Bear wanted to know if the little white twins played into this strangeness. "Well Bear, they could be either inbred Albino Hollow Folk or Supernatural Beings"
Bear grunted and asked - " What, is this when all the Ghoulies go on vacation ?"
"They could be Supernatural Hunters" I replied. The Bear lit up a Marlboro then said - "The more the merrier"
"One thing's for sure" I stated - "None of us are qualified to hook, reel-in, net, clean and fry what we got here hitting top water"
"Not any one of us alone,," Bear returned, then added - "Or together for all that long"

We agreed to play it by ear and instinct while carrying on as normal not to have situations getting out of hand back at camp. "We'll just tell Claudia we've decided not to make for Fort Valley tomorrow" The Bear said.
"Where do we tell her we're going ?" He thought for a moment and answered -
"Stay here or go on to Loft Mountain, anything other than some hot, humid valley" Our talk was cut short seeing R.W. and Whitey exit the store with hardly an arm-load of beer between them.
"The fucking beer truck won't be here until tomorrow. This is all the Bud they had, 2 six packs and 4 cold singles" Whitey sneered before climbing in the back.
"He may be able to ration that until lunch" The Great Bear chuckled, then pulled out of the parking area..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:05 pm

Arriving back at camp the first thing we noticed was Flip draining water out of one of the coolers near the loop road. Dragging it back near our table he packed it with fresh ice. We were pampering ourselves as there had been other camps in the past where there was no campstore or showerhouse. We cooled ale and beer in cold upland streams, sometimes bathing in the same chilling waters.
"We're good on ice for awhile" He said as we piled out of The Bear's truck.
"Here, put these in" Whitey requested handing Flip his limited supply.
Patti was hanging some articles of clothing on the line and humming a cheerful tune while Claudia sat at our table in a fresh change of clothing watching Charlie drink himself silly as he had got into the vodka again. Denny was no where in sight.
"Where's Denny ?" R.W. asked.
Flip pointed over at the Dibble's tent - " He crapped out again not 5 minutes before you guys pulled up" hearing that, Bear, Flip, R.W., Whitey and I shot each other fleeting glances. Niether Dibble was the 'go back to bed' type. Looking over at Claudia's mysterious smiling face I felt a chill go down my spine. Whitey dismissed any spooky stuff by calling Denny a - "Lightweight" Which was often true in Denny's case. Still it smacked of the strange. Charlie paid it no mind in his stationary ascend to higher elevations. Perhaps this was a good time to inform Claudia of our plans to move on to Loft Mountain instead of Fort Valley. I told her we wanted to stay up high rather down in a hollow or valley, to which she cast me a dissapointed look and said - "Oh,, OK, I'll tell Mildred and Guy" R.W. then bluntly asked - "Speaking of Mildred and Guy, where are they ? "
Claudia sat her coffee down - " They went to Sperryville to do some shopping, they'll be back later today" Changing the subject she inquired - "Are we still going up to Panorama ?"
"Not today" I replied - "We figured on getting on The Appalachian Trail here in abit" At the very mention of this there was a questionable gleem in Flip's eyes. He swiftly took up the task of filling canteens and making ready his hiking packs. Casting a glance at Bear with his injured leg propped atop a cooler, Whitey chugging down yet another beer and Charlie was three-sheeting in the wind , I asked - "Who's up for a hike ?"
"I'm gonna hike it over to that cooler" Whitey responded with a lopp-sided grin.
"Gonna stay here and keep watch" said a very relaxed Great Bear.
Claudia accepted the offer - "I'll go" she stated - "Give me a little time to get a few things" She got up then jogged it on over to the Pop-Up.
"Count me in, Skid" R.W. said strapping on a canteen.
"Me too" Patti added, no doubt ready for some exersise. I looked down at Patti's flip-flops and advised her - "You'll need more than them" As everything was moving so fast I did not overly notice The Birdman's second empty pack along with the brief exchange of whispering that passed between him and R.W. Whitey and Charlie were deeply engaged in near drunken gibberish. No where near lunch and these two were already well on their way of getting totally slammed. I asked Bear - "Any other plans than sitting on your duff all day ?"
Taking a break from building his huge breakfast sandwich he answered - "Nope, gonna take it easy today. I'd like to attempt a little walking tomorrow at Loft Mountain" Ducking into the tent to roll a couple of Whoodees I praised him - "Well Great Jumping Catfish, you're finally gonna get off your ass and do something"
"I can do something right now that you may not like " I heard The Bear say from outside Flip's tent.

Everybody going was at ready, Claudia was walking in, all geared up for the go. Gone were almost all traces of silver in her hair which now under the morning sun had a chestnut hue. Claudia seemed younger, trimmer and more fit than she did less than 20 minutes ago. Again there was that soft hazy glow about her face.

Looking at Charlie and Whitey I told Bear - "Have fun babysitting" and with that we were off..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Only a short distance away from camp Claudia had to stop and adjust a pack strap. "Hope you're not overloaded with too many Audubon Nature Guides" I taunted.
"Just my bird and plant book" She replied - "I'll manage" Flip slowed down, turned and asked me - "Where are we going man ?"
"I was thinking about going up as far where we'd be inbetween Hawksbill Mountain and a knob called Naked Top, about two miles and abit away as the trail winds, probally five miles altogether to and fro"
Patti proclaimed - "I've got my sneakers on ! Let's do it !"

For close to an hour we had been at a very easy pace with a fair amount of stopping and looking. Flip and R.W. often trailed behind. A few times we lost sight of them and had to wait. Upon passing the turn off to that small trail that led down beside Little Hawksbill Creek Flip's beady eyes began to dart about. His breathing got louder. I questioned his condition - "You alright ?" He turned his odd shaped head and gazed down the small path. "Oh" I said, then slapped his back and added - "Come on Flip, let's get moving" Reluctantly he moved on with the rest of us up the Appalachian Trail and until we rounded a trail bend he shot a few looks back with a longing in his dark eyes. Going around with that bend we began to ascend a sloping ridge. Reaching near the top we came upon a small swift moving stream that cascaded down from the Mountain. It was decided we would climb up this run, catch us a good one and kick-back for awhile.

And climb we did from rock to rock until coming upon a suitable flat surface to lounge on. It was a wide flat chunk of Granite on which we perched some hundred feet above the trail. One side of us was thick with leafy branches, where the other gave us a view back down. The small stream ran beside our large flat resting rock. Following a good gulp from my canteen, I fired-up one of the #s then passed it on. Going around and down to a small brown roach, we all got a few decent hits. Burnt down to almost naught, I set the roach free upon the swift down flowing waters. We all watched it go over a small fall. Patti, eyes stoned half-closed gave it a farewell - "Bye" She said with a slow wave.

I turned my attention to our surroundings thinking this is the kind of place one could sit, marveling the wonders of Nature for hours. Then something caught my eye..
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:00 am

LH, you making us wait too long to find out what caught your eye....
is that claudia up to no good? or is it something else?
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:33 pm

It was a good-sized Crayfish eating a dead Salamander in the clear, still water behind a rock. With it's pinchers the crustacean tore away chunks of white soggy decomposing flesh from the amphibian. A shadowy reflection cast over this small pool resulted in the Crayfish dropping it's feast then swiftly retreating in a backwards motion under a rock.
"Watcha looking at ?" It was Claudia squatting down beside me.
"Oh somebody having lunch"
"Who ?"
I pointed to what was left of the 'spring lizard' and replied - "Well was having lunch"
"What was it ?"
"A Salamander"
"No what was eating it ?" Before I could answer, Patti, who was a goodways up-there, asked R.W. - "So are you going to get up with 'Muffin' at her RV later ?"
"That's Yvonne" R.W. reminded.
Patti giggled, "Oh yes, Yvonne. How could I've forgotten ?"
"Thinking about it " replied R.W. answering her teasing question.Then Claudia got in on it - "Yvonne is it, so that's the girl you met at the Lodge ? " continuing Claudia said - "Nothing good shall come of that"
"Of what ?" R.W. asked.
She repeated, this time liken to a SoothSayer's warning - "Nothing good for you shall come of that "
"Of what ??" R.W. demanded, now standing and abit flusterd.
Head tilted up with eyes closed Claudia looked as she was searching for a name, then turned to R.W. With blazing eyes responded - " While you guys stopped off at the mens room on our way out Patti told me told me about the young lady you met.Hmmm, now what was her name ?"
"Muffin !" Patti laughed.
"Oh yes Yvonne" Claudia said - "Nothing good will come of putting her little group together with your people"
"Well she was hitting on me" R.W. stated - "I planned to go up to see her by myself"
Making a sad face I asked - "You mean we can't come too ?"
"Invite them to our camp for some fun" Patti suggested with a rare slightly evil smile.
"Hell no, you think I want somebody like her around,,," R.W. cut himself short, no doubt not wanting to get pushed in the stream for a lame insult.
"It may be already too late for that" Claudia warned.
"Too late for what ?" Patti inquired
"Well that's what's camping is all about " I interjected.
Claudia gave me a disturbed look - "Meaning ?"
"Meaning it's all about the experiences, be they good, or not so good"
Patti then added - "And meeting new and exciting people"
"Don't forget strange" Flip told her, his beady eyes still darting about.

And strange it had been and was more to be...
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 10:51 pm

Not wanting parts of my vacation predicted I stooped down then cupped both hands into the cold mountain water to wash my face. Standing I asked - "Ready to go ?"

Soon we were carefully making our way down this swift moving run and again Flip and R.W. began to lag behind. Having enough of playing catch-up Claudia, Patti and I reached the trail then continued to follow it around yet another twisting bend. After about a couple of hundred yards I called a halt and took a gander at the trail behind me.
"Where are they at ?" Claudia asked in a tone clear to me she was eager to go on. It was then an ugly realization flashed in my skull. "I have a pretty good idea" were my next words before turning around and quick stepping it back the way we came.

Upon reaching where the stream flowed down I was about to call their names, but thought better of it. Instead I moved down abit, checking a patch of loose sandy dirt on the trail. Seeing their long deep tracks that had plowed through the dirt told me they were
shit-n-getting it at this point. 'Bet they dashed off after we went around the bend' was my grim thought. Claudia and Patti had caught up with me as I pondered over their tracks.
"Well ?" Claudia inquired
"They're heading back South and moving fast" I informed them, pointing at the tracks.
Claudia seeming a little miffed at the situation looked at me and said - " You guys are just too weird. Is this one of your traditional antics ?"
"Gotta trail em. Gotta catch up with them" I replied.
"Why ?" Claudia demanded.
"Gotta get up with them and quick, before they get themselves in a pickle"
"How so ?"
Not wanting to spill the beans, but seeing no way to avoid giving an explanation, I gave them a fast low-down of Flip's and my discovery of the secret garden last Saturday.
"I thought that stuff tasted fresh" Claudia commented.
Patti chuckled and asked "So you think they're going after some more, Jim ?"
"I don't think, I know they are"
"So why all this ?" Patti wanted to know.
"There has to be a few good pounds of that shit growing down near the Little Hawksbill" Swearing I went on - "Son of a bitch, I told that greedy bastard we had clipped enough!" Claudia wanted to know what we were going to do. "Catch up with their sorry asses and stop em, if it ain't too late" I replied, then added - "So lets get moving "

Claudia, Patti and I set off at a swift pace, but after about a hundred yards Claudia slowed it down, asking herself aloud - "Why am I running for ?" Patti and I raced forward, but turning my head long enough to remind Claudia of the path we were making for so as she would know where to find us..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:01 am

In good time Patti and I made it back to Little Hawksbill Creek, caught our breath, then proceeded down the little footpath. As we closed distance Patti asked if I was going to hurt anybody. She said - "I don't like seeing violence"
"Hurt some feelings perhaps, though I should bust both their heads" I whispered, then advised Patti to keep it quiet from here on out.

Continuing down this ever twisting path I looked out and up at the rock outcropping we had smoked that crappy brown weed at. Carefully we picked our way down silently as possible. Patti proved to be quite surefooted and agile as we slunk down inclines or around steep-sided bends. There was something in the air, my nape hairs rose. After abit more stealthy down-hill trekking the ground leveled out somewhat, looking all too familiar. Throwing up my hand I called a halt as just up ahead was the rise where a treasure in high-grade reefer stood tall and growing. I motioned to advance slowly. Rounding a large clump of Rhododendron I signaled another halt. This time we both heard a little rustling, but could not be sure what was causing it.

We stood still, like Deer before the dash, but my eyes scanned our surroundings, and not long did I have to glance about before beholding a sight. They were at the top edge of the rise, crouched low against a large thick sticker bramble. Flip appeared to be peering ahead through the tangle while R.W. was looking dead at me with an index finger up to his lips. 'Don't like the looks of this' I thought noticing Flip's odd white shirt that could be seen for miles and maybe through a thick bramble.

The minutes dragged on as we all held our positions, not knowing quite what was going on. Soon the Birds were singing again and I could even hear a Catbird in the distance fussing at something. Suddenly the Birds fell silent and I could feel my body tensing up for the dash, but did not bolt because of another sound coming down the path. At first it was faint but flowing but as it grew louder I could tell it was some one singing. I recall saying something under my breath like - "Oh shit" and chanced observed movement by turning to look up the path. Now all heads turned in that direction, all eyes wide in terrible wonder as now the singing got louder and we could make out the lyrics..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Heart pounding and poised for full flight, my jaw dropped. I could feel my legs shake pretty much in the same manner as they did when I had a big fish fighting at the end of a line. The melody flowed around me -

A song to him
without him
I just want to die.

Make up some words
that are all in rhyme
words that will live
til the end of time.

The song trailed off to a hum.

From atop the rise came a great racket of something crashing forward through the foliage not far behind Flip and R.W who zipped down from their bramble hideout and halted near me. "Lets make tracks boys" I whispered, but just as we started to flee Claudia came into view and was approaching our position still humming as if nothing was out of order. She stopped beside the Rhododendron just as two hulking figures charged down the rise. At first they were a blur of movement in the brush, but once they came into the clear, I got a good look at them.

'Oh shit !' I thought - 'this is it'

It was the same two Law Enforcement Officials Claudia, Flip and I had met at the base of Spitler Hill. In no time the larger one was on us while the smaller one kept abit of distance. Not having their weapons drawn was a good sign I supposed. Smiling I offered a greeting - "Howdy" to which they did not return in kind.
"Well there you are !" Claudia happily shouted - "You'll get yourselves lost wandering off like that" Looking at the two Law Dogs she said - "Well hello again gentlemen, thanks for finding these lost tenderfoots" Claudia then asked us - "So you see anything flying around ?" Catching her drift ahead of the rest of us Flip answered - "No, but thought we heard some Wild Turkey pecking and scratching up there in the brush, but it was only these guys" Hearing that the larger of the pair grimaced while the smaller one ambled up abit closer and said with a clucking chuckle - "Look here what we have, the Birdwatchers" We all displayed idiotic grins and attempted to give greetings which were cut short by authoritative barking - "Thought we told a few of you to stay on the main trails"
Taking a chance I replied - "We thought this was a main trail"
"No Sir, this is off limits too" The smaller one stated - "Give you a hint, the main trails are blazed with signs or color markings. Didn't you guys pick up any info regarding the trails ?" Pointing at Flip I blurted out - "He was suppose to, but got all caught up buying snacks instead" Continuing to play dumb I asked - "Hey did you guys find some fur traps up there or something ?"
The large one growled - "None of yar business !" Heeling his huge partner's brashness with a pat on his back the smaller one's face twisted into a sinister smile as he answered my lame question - "Yeah , we got some trapping going on up there" He went on - "In fact, for your own personal safety and well being I advise y'all to get back up there to the main trail before somebody ends up with their foot in a trap"

Catching his meaning and counting our blessings all of us gave head nods for goodbyes, except for Claudia who thanked them again for finding her companions and bid them - "Goodbye gentlemen, keep up the good work" That said we departed back up the path..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:56 pm

Moving swiftly up the the twisting path and around a few bends we called a halt to make sure no one was following. Secure in knowing they were not trailing and forgetting for the moment she could very well be a Red Witch. I looked down at Claudia's binoculars resting upon that superb bosom like a badge of a beloved hobby, then engulfed her within a sudden hug.
She smiled and asked - "What's all this ?"
"Thanks for saving our hides" then I complemented her for that quick bit of thinking and just for showing up when she did.
" Nothing out of the ordinary" She stated - "You guys wandered off and got lost and with the help of those kind government employees you all were found" I had to give credit where credit was due, it was Claudia who more or less pulled us out of that jam,which led me to think about what got us jammed in the first place. "You dumb-fucks ! We could of all went down !"
Claudia quelled any further angry words by saying - "Nobody went down, it wasn't meant to be" Then she continued on as if nothing happened at all, commenting about scenery, plant and insect species. Upon reaching the Appalachian Trail we called another halt.

"It's probaly a good thing we're leaving Big Meadows tomorrow" Claudia said with a sad look in her eyes.
Needless to say the whole experience was a complete buzz-kill. Not only did the actions of some put the whole encampment at risk, it was yet another fray in the fabric of a trusting friendship. Had Flip and R.W. not heard slight stirrings from the clearing, things would of no doubt gone in a different direction. R.W. recounted - "We heard them no sooner than Flip and I got near the top. We hid behind the stickers"
"Oh I saw you up there hiding" I reminded him.

Starting to get pissed again I turned to Flip and asked - "Just had to go back for more, didn't ya ?" Eyes darting about before sinking down on the dirt Flip gave what explanation he could manage - "Wasn't gonna get it all, maybe just a few more ounces worth"
"Fuck Man !" I barked, then went on to remind him of his existing fortune - "You already got a big-ass bag-full back at camp !"

Claudia was right, it would be a good idea to leave this area tomorrow as I had a notion those two government employees suspected something but decided not to act upon it. Perhaps they knew someone had been in the Secret Garden recently snipping off a few good fat buds, but looked at us as little fish to be thrown back into the river of life. Small fry with big mouths getting on their hooks while they waited to snag the trophy catch of the day.

One thing we knew to be certain The Secret Garden was nigh harvest, but this seemed to be a case of the law being on to Secret Gardeners who were no doubt already on to the law and had abandoned that particular patch. Not ever returning to that small path I'd never know. The rest of our time here we would have to keep a low profile.

Unhindered, we headed back to Big Meadows..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:41 pm

Upon entering and before I had a chance to speak R.W. rushed in blabbing away about what occured down at the Little Hawksbill. Denny, Whitey, Charlie were all ears and The Bear leaned forward, with a goofy smile to hear of our misadventure. Not wanting anyone else present either bold or drunk enough attempting another raid I shushed R.W. up before he disclosed the Secret Garden's location.
"Where is it ? " Charlie asked, then quickly composed a plan - "We could sneak in and grab them tonight or early in the morning" By the look in Whitey's eyes he was thinking about it and Denny showed a spark of interest as well - "Charlie can go in for the grab, while I stand look out" Somewhat snockered but nobody's fool when it came to raiding he promptly informed Denny - "If I go in, it's all mine !" Flip still abit moved and a little shaken by his experience down by the Little Hawksbill slashed out with some sharp edged sound reason - "Try it and we'll pack it all up and leave your sorry ass at the mercy of those Federal Law Dogs !"
The Bear then boomed - "I'll second that Flip, by breaking the skull of any man who tries, I'm not going to jail for your stupidity !" He then went on to say "There some hot sausages I grilled up while y'all were running around in the woods. They're underneath that foil and should still be warm"
Patti giggled and said - "Hot sausages that are still warm" We all laughed
"Hot sausage that are still warm !" The Great Bear repeated between laughing howls. Bear's eyes half-closed and bloodshot and holding his belly he roared on in mirth. Something was different about Bear which led me to take close notice of him. Flip was looking at him as well. Quelling The Great Bear's laughter with a tap on his head, I waved a finger in his face and inquired - "Alright you big oaf, what the hell have you gotten into while we were gone ?"
The Bear stammered as he attempted to jumpstart a reply off of Charlie's Monkey-like cackling - "Hey man, Charlie and me got bored while you guys were gone, so we went into Flip's tent and had us one" With a tilted head he gave me a challenging smirk. It was apparent The Great Bear was stoned out of his gourd. I held back my laughter and asked - "So you had one, got fucked up and grilled some hot sausages ?"
Patti repeated - "Hot sausages that are still warm !" The Bear burst out in a guffaw, then fell silent and directed a question to me - "Yeah, I got fucked up and grilled those sausages" he then demanded - "What about it, who the fuck are you, a Common Wealth Attorney ?"
"Hey man" I replied - "Help yourself, knock yourself out, smoke yourself silly, but you better get some pickle juice and water through your plumbing before you go back to the woes of the real world" Not wanting to be pulled down, he waved my doom and gloom away from his lofty place..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:00 pm

The Great Bear was cooked.

I could hardly suppress a chuckle when recalling the way he smiled while threatening to fracture skulls earlier. It was good to see Bear 'up there' once again. Perhaps this was the time to touch upon how we should keep a low profile, but decided discuss it later after Bear told me to get some lunch. Lifting a makeshift foil cover off the paper plate full of processed meat I complemented Bear on his grilling prowess - "Oh look, the grill marks are perfect, just like on the commercials" The Great Bear was overly particular about his outdoor cooking to the point of being anal at times. Oh how he could get a black seared cross pattern on a beef ribeye or ham steak and would threaten the same of anyone's face who got too close to his grill. I placed the warm-hot sausage on a bun, applied mustard and then bit into this treat.

"Holy fucking shit !!" I gasped. It was hot and I'm not talking warmth. It slipped from my fingers and hit the table with a dull thud. I was in desperate need of liquid, something to wash this atomic snack down. I swiftly made for the cooler. Downing an ale in a single guzzle I heard The Bear thunder - "Warm sausages that are hot !!" He went on to inform me - "They're from South Carolina, got em from a guy at work, his uncle makes em extra hot"
"My vocal cords still in abit of a twist, I managed to state - "You could leave these out overnight and they'd still be hot the next morning"
"Not only that, they burn ya twice" Bear said with a devilish grin.
Getting another ale my reply was - "Something else to look forward to, glad we got some ice" Finding I could tolerate the atomic sausage with good ale, my lunch went down like Greek Fire on the Black Sea. The Great Bear kindly offered - "Get yourself another one Jim"
"Oh, I'm fine " I assured him, then beltched forth a flame.
"I ate two of them !" Charlie bragged.

Although caustic, it was still a thoughtful gesture on Bear's part. Claudia passed on the sausage, as did Whitey. The Dibbles having cast iron stomachs fell into the Red-Hots. Denny who had not long woke-up was pouring hot sauce on his. "Get you one Patti" Bear offered, but she said "Hell no, I'm not biting into the Devil's phallus. Eat those things and shit molten lava in the morning, if not sooner if you want, but I ain't !" Patti and Whitey started some regular hotdogs instead.

I looked down and saw the Flies or Ants would not even go near a chunk of atomic sausage that had fell to the ground. Then from the loop road we heard the sound of tires turning gravel..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Secret Garden
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next