the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Secret Garden

Go down 
+10
mntruthseeker
Gabriel
raulduke
Reunite
WineHippie
micjer
Linda
zuni
pilgrim
LongHunter
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
LongHunter
LongHunter

Number of posts : 562
Humor : If necessary
Registration date : 2009-02-22

The Secret Garden - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:40 pm

I got a better look at them on my way back from the restroom, as they did me.

Sitting around a small table there were five of them including 'Melissa' and on either side of her sat a lovely ginger haired woman. One was clad in clothing much too skimpy for a icy Winter's Night. Her skin was of a saffron hue with very pale grey eyes that were slightly tinged with yellowish streaks. The other was garbed like Melissa, sweater, jeans and boots. Her face was inhumanly lovely and a pale yellowish-white ivory color. Her amber eyes flashed at Melissa's before locking on me as I passed. Across the table from 'the gals' sat a giant of a fellow. Judging his seated height against Melissa's, I'd estimate him to be about 6'9". He was rangy with a strange shaped close-cropped head of carrot-orange hair. Sloping down from between two amber eyes was a large inwardly curved nose with large flaring nostrils. His chin curved upwards in a most curious way. Beside the Red Giant, a whacked-out looking Asian Kat blowing bubbles into his drink with a straw. Aside from the bubble blower all glared at me as I passed their table.

Rejoining Flip I guzzled down about a good 12 0Zs of beverage just to settle my nerves. I would of drank the rest but our cab showed up so we left both Zombies and Critters where they sat. Outside there was a coating of ice forming on everything but the cold fresh air did us better than the stench at the den we had just left. Flip and I sat in shocked silence the whole cab ride back. We were swiftly wisked to the Ramada. Flip paid our driver and we carefully made our way across a frozen parking lot. We couldn't get in our room quick enough, securing all locks and putting a chair up against the door. Weapons were inspected and put near to hand. I poured both of us a double Vodka and handed Flip a bag of Bugles.
He ripped the bag open popped about ten of the corn snacks into his mouth one after the other, chewed it all into a mush and washed it down with liquor. He slapped his hand upon the small motel table - "Holy Fuck ! I don't believe it!"
Quaffing down a good measure of vodka, I told him - "Believe it"
"Oh shit !"
"Has not aged much, has she ?" Then I added - "Hope we weren't followed"
Flip, now re-inspecting his 38 revolver blathered - "Followed ? Oh fancy that, we'll get to meet some of her special friends this time" He checked his sight and continued - "You know Jim, I had almost put that weird-ass camping trip at Big Meadows out of my mind as too much trip weed and liquor, but that critter is no Pink Elephant, living, breathing and I might add, filling out a pair of jeans very well"
"Yes very lovely indeed" I stated
"If I were you Jim, I'd make sure you have good charges in that Horse pistol" He said waving around his shooting iron like some kind of border ruffian. Not ever being a big fan of mixing alcohol, fear and handguns together I informed Flip - "It's ready and there if I need it. Now put that fucking pea shooter away before it goes off and hits me or somebody in the next room over" He strapped on his shoulder holster and slid the gun in. I stuck mine inbetween mattress and boxsprings.
"How in the hell did we manage to cross paths with that critter again ?" Flip asked, placing his hunting knife upon the table.
"I think it was a chance meeting, you know like running into an old friend at a bar or grocery store" I replied spinning his blade around on the table's smooth finished surface.
Getting up to check both window view and locks he said - "Did you mean to say, old fiend ?"
"It was chance, it that thing was after us, it would of been before now"
"Well I ain't going down without a fight" He snarled. I could see he was a bundle of dangerous nerves at this point.
"Just don't go shooting at anything here" I told him and requested he take off the holster and put in a drawer.
"Fuck no" He returned - "I got a good look at their brethren-kind at that table, a rough looking customer" Then Flip asked - "Did you see that fucker's head ?"
"No more odd looking than your's" I laughed, attempting to cool down the situation.
"No wonder they were sitting in the dark " Flip said.

Since our encounter with 'Claudia' at Big Meadows back in 86, I had did some research concerning what it was we had encountered and proceeded to give Flip a brief run-down..
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

Number of posts : 562
Humor : If necessary
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 11:16 pm

"Ever go on the Net, Flip ?" I asked, going against my Doctor's orders, pouring myself another drink and lighting up an emergency cigarette.
"The net ?"
"The Internet"
"Hell no, those computers are the devil's tool"
Having a good Quaff I went on to say - "There's some real interesting stuff online, but I do not doubt there are devils there as well" It was about three years earlier when layed up at home with an work related injury I started to mess with my wife's computer and came across realms known as Internet or Cyber Communities. Having 'lurked' and read about a year before even joining any sites, I marveled at the magnificent amount of information, communication and lively banter. It was one such night while the pain killers were setting in I read into a conversation between two people and was awestruck to see some of the same remarks and phrases used by what we had hosted at Big Meadows back in the late Summer of 1986. I informed Flip of this.
"I hear ya, I believe ya" He said, more drunk than I'd seen him in awhile - "At this point Jim, I halfway expect them to bust through the door and turn us into party punch"
" Think I even conversed with the critter, or one like it a good few times in front of that screen"
"Damned devil's eye " He sneered and asked - "What now ?"
"What do you mean ?"
"Do we get the fuck out of here ?"
"And go where ?"
"Roanoke, Richmond, who gives a fuck ? Anywhere but 5 miles away from where that thing is lounging at"
"Screw that Flip, I paid for this room for two nights just to help your broke-ass out, and I'm not going anywhere tonight during a fucking Ice Storm so stay cool. If anything comes through that door they'll at least catch 9 or 10 before sitting down to talk"
"Think they'll come ?" He inquired.
"Maybe, but something in their cutting glares told me otherwise"
"Whada ya mean ?"
"It was the kinda look feuding kinfolk give each other, or the way pissed-off employees glare at a boss, once his back is turned. Oh I ain't saying they wouldn't like to do rip us to ribbons, but it appeared they were otherwise engaged"
"So why the hell do you have a gun in your bed ?" Flip asked, appearing abit more calm.
"Cause sometimes I'm wrong" and added "Let us be ready, but speak no more of it"
"Well we can burn one if ya want "
"Then prepare"
Flip filled his Steatite pipe and we smoked, watched Television, but remained jumpy because all of the loud walkway foot traffic passing outside our door. A motel mostly filled with iced-in drunks.
"We'll try to get out tomorrow " I said - "Head towards Roanoke"

We awoke early that morning to the sound of commotion coming from down the walkway. Flip Flipped his bedside lamp on as I pulled on my duds, removed the chair, opened the door, braved the cold and chanced a look down the way.
"What's going on ?" Flip putting on his glasses, wanted to know.
"Snockered-up college kids fighting out on the walkway"
"Shit man, I thought it was Claudia and them, close the door and let em duke it out"
"That ain't all, I see flashing blue lights"
"Cops ?"
"No, fucking UFOs !" Hearing tires turn upon ice-slick asphalt, I closed the door and got a 7Up. "Of course they're cops, about to raid a party" We could now see reflections of those blue flashing lights on the frosted window.
"No more sleep for tonight" Flip yawned then checked out his watch "4:55 " He said, then got up to brew us a small motel pot of complementary coffee.
"I could of used about 4 more hours of sleep" I said.
Flip placing the coffee packet in agreed - "Me too, I feel like,,," He fell silent as there was knocking at our door. Three more times we heard a knock, then for a short while ceased, then continued. Already pissed at the whole situation and about half hungover, I walked to the door and asked in a loud voice - "Who is it ?"
"A few doors down" The voice was female. Flip was already on the other side of the door packing as I cracked it open, chain still attached only to see the young lady who had approached me earlier about getting her some booze.
"Can I help you Miss ?" I asked, motioning Flip to put down.
"I'm in trouble, can I come in ?"
"What troubles you ?"
"Can I come in, they're raiding our room"
"Get in" I growled, lifting the chain then easing open our door.
After getting over the shock of seeing Flip in his underwear brandishing a gun she calmed down enough to accept a plastic motel cup full of steaming coffee and managed an explanation for waking us. "I was downstairs on the otherside at the vending machines when the cops pulled up and snuck around the back way, but think I was spotted"
"So you knocked on our door ?"
"I could hear him running after me, but it sounded like he slipped on the ice. When you let me in I could hear him coming up the stairs. It was the only thing I could think of"
She said her name was Kerri Ann and thanked us again for our hospitality and we were comforted by her dark hair and blue eyes. 'Human' I thought, putting aside worries of changelings and such.

We gave her cover then enjoyed The Ramada's Continental Breakfast of Waffles and other goodies with our young guest before parting ways. Checking out of our lodging we made it as far as Dixie Caverns on Interstate 81 and for some odd reason decided to hole up at some old roadside-style motorlodge called the Bluejay Motel. Within walking distance of our new lodgings were Dixie Caverns, and Giftshop. I'd promised my daughter I'd get her some fossils and they sold them at the giftshop. Besides, I wanted to get ripped and tour the caverns.

Feeling much more at ease in this wood paneled room Flip loaded one so as we could get 'upthere' before going under the mountain with a qualified tour guide.
"This is some halfway decent shit ya got here, Flip" I exhaled passing him back the pipe. The Birdman put butane flame upon the bowl, drew in, then expelled a stream of smoke and said with a smile - "Yeah it's alright, but nothing like what we snagged up on, years back at that
Secret Garden"

The End
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Number of posts : 698
Humor : I got some
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:35 am

You're something else LongHunter. I enjoyed your story

thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:01 pm

Me too.

I wish I could export the thread - then I could edit it together :)

A..
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:41 pm

epic
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:50 pm

Thank you for your contribution LH
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:52 pm

Winehippie the first word that came to my mind was 'EPIC' as well.

Get ready everyone for more! This is just the beginning
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:21 pm

Excellent words from within. Great prediction reuniteR.....right on.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 9:23 pm

I must be one of the most naieve people on this forum. I haven't had anything to do with that stuff all my life although I have been a normal cigarette smoker for too long. No other illicit drugs besides that, prescription meds and alcohol. I feel like a dumbo. I wouldn't have a clue about all that.

Good story telling though l/h. I have never been camping but I would like to go when I get my night vision goggs. wowb
Back to top Go down
pilgrim

Number of posts : 554

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 10:21 am

Looks like Longhunter, Flip and the rest of the squad have taken time out to hunt down some of them thar union varmints that waylaid their union fees! swordsman
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 11:12 am

Them blue belly's need to be shut down...LOL
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 1:04 pm

I feel like I'm there.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:46 pm

I wonder what camp side fire L/H is sitting at now. Mmmh, I wish him well wherever he is. xo
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:12 pm

He could sure spin a good yarn. Very talented.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:48 pm

aye
weed-4
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:35 am

yeah winehippie, lets burn one.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:38 am

Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:07 am

That is some nice art and song in the video reuniteR, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Garden   The Secret Garden - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Secret Garden
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12