the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

watched another movie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

watched another movie Empty
PostSubject: watched another movie   watched another movie Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:12 am

yeah, another sunday night movie. usual story, was bored, flicking through the movie channels for an interesting late movie, and bingo, found one.

a modern b-grade remake of a 70's b-grade horror movie called 'the wizard of gore'

sounds good i know :), but something told me to watch it anyway.

ok, things in the movie included - the LA underground scene, trust fund scenesters, s&m call girls, serial killers, 'magicians', alice in wonderland and wizard of oz refernces, mind control drugs, memory tampering, and brad douriff playing a retired cia agent who hints at previous involvement in mk-ultra delta levels ops. and in a couple of places there is what seems to be a VR reference in the dream sequences.

crispin glover (the magician) has some interesting lines while performing his 'show', which harks back to the early days of stage illusionists. if you know about the history of stage magic, you know what i'm talking about. the blood and guts stuff, which was what it was all about back before movies were invented.

all in all it fits nicely with that laurel canyon stuff, with occasional shades of david lynch, clive barker, peter straub and even brett easton ellis.

also, the casting is interesting in itself.

bijiou phillips is thought to be a mk/stepford kid irl
kip pardue played victor in rules of attraction, a film based on a brett ellis book, and victor appears in another ellis book, glamorama, which is basically about brainwashed models working as assassins
brad douriff, well he always gets these kinds of roles. he was the voice of chucky in childs play, and was the serpent tounge guy in lord of the rings among other things
crispin glover has had some interesting roles as well, from back to the future, to charlies angels, to that rat movie, willard.
and 'the man behind the curtain' is played by jeff combs, who is well know for his work on several h.p.lovecroft adaptations. worth noting he is made-up and dressed to look very similar to 'the man in the alley' who runs hollywood in david lynch's mullholland drive.

Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: watched another movie   watched another movie Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:14 am

actually, now that i think about it, thats a pretty solid cast for a b-grade schlock-fest
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: watched another movie   watched another movie Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:54 am

You is a smart cookie Stal, I said it before and I will say it again, a smart bean you are.

A film critic could not have done better lamb. I can't believe you know so much about all that film stuff when your only your age; a mark of high intelligence there.

Proud auntie hon. rainbow heart
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: watched another movie   watched another movie Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:41 am

lol!

Wizard of Gore really made me LOL Stal

Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: watched another movie   watched another movie Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Sounds pretty trippy, what channel mate?
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: watched another movie   watched another movie Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 10:39 am

Reunite wrote:

movie extra FL
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: watched another movie   watched another movie Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 10:42 am

Biggles wrote:
You is a smart cookie Stal, I said it before and I will say it again, a smart bean you are.

A film critic could not have done better lamb. I can't believe you know so much about all that film stuff when your only your age; a mark of high intelligence there.

Proud auntie hon. rainbow heart

nah i could have done a much better job if it was for a proper review or something.

got waay to much free time on my hands lol
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: watched another movie   watched another movie Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:37 pm

stal wrote:
Reunite wrote:

movie extra FL

sweet, I have that channel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: watched another movie   watched another movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

watched another movie
Page 1 of 1