the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

“What Would You Live and Die to Protect?”

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

“What Would You Live and Die to Protect?” Empty
PostSubject: “What Would You Live and Die to Protect?”   “What Would You Live and Die to Protect?” Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:55 am

"“My next question: how will this understanding - that this culture will not voluntarily stop destroying the natural world, eliminating indigenous cultures, exploiting the poor and killing those who resist - shift our strategy and tactics? The answer? Nobody knows, because we never talk about it: we’re too busy pretending the culture will undergo a magical transformation.”

Jensen asserts what millions around the world can corroborate - systematic abuse of the poor and helpless leaves lasting scars on entire generations. He compares this culture to an abusive family, where violence is a constant threat and the victims feel helpless and dependent on the abuser. He writes, “Civilization and the civilized continue to create a world of wounds.”

“From birth on - and probably from conception, but I’m not sure how I’d make the case - we are individually and collectively acculturated to hate life, hate the natural world, hate the wild, hate wild animals, hate women, hate our bodies, hate and fear our emotions, hate ourselves. If we did not hate the world, we could not allow it to be destroyed before our eyes. If we did not hate ourselves, we could not allow our homes - and our bodies - to be poisoned.”

“I say, do something,” Jensen urges. “The big dividing line is not between those who advocate resistance through any means necessary and those who don’t. It’s not even between grassroots and mainstream. The big divide is between those who do something and those who don’t.”

Business-as-usual activism and politics will guarantee catastrophic climate change, more environmental disasters like what we are witnessing in the Gulf of Mexico and continued corporate depravity. Wherever people stand in the debate on the use of violence versus nonviolence, Jensen’s sense of urgency at this moment in history is unarguable."

derrick jensen

source: Life vs. Productivity: “What Would You Live and Die to Protect?”

by Dahr Jamail
September 6th, 2010 | T r u t h o u t

http://dahrjamailiraq.com/life-vs-productivity-what-would-you-live-and-die-to-protect
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

“What Would You Live and Die to Protect?” Empty
PostSubject: Re: “What Would You Live and Die to Protect?”   “What Would You Live and Die to Protect?” Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:57 pm

I would have to say I would probably do something very nasty with an illegal weapon if I thought my kids or grandkids or family were in peril.

You know my stance on this; I would rather go down fighting than just sit there.

Since the Port Arthur conspiracy I am going to have to get one of them illegally though. Rifles give most females a terrible jolt so I am thinking hand gun.
Back to top Go down

“What Would You Live and Die to Protect?”
Page 1 of 1