the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

eyes wide shut

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:26 pm

didnt know where to put this

watched eyes wide shut for about the 20th time tonight, dont know why, just saw it was on and started watching, and noticed something that hadnt come up before.

When bill (tom cruise) is at the orgy/ritual, after the first masked girl (the one who tries to warn him) s taken away, the second masked girl that is sent to lure away from the public area, well, i swear that is nicole kidman behind the mask.

If it is meant to be her alice character, that answers several questions about the movie, but she isnt credited with the role, and i have never even heard anyone else bring this up.

Ok. It makes sense for it to be alice, seeing as the girl is brought in to the room by the guy with the 'hat' mask, who is bill's friend in the outside world. Hence he is alice's handler, just as he handles the other girl, who bill saves from on OD, and is in turn saved by at the party.

This makes alice's dream so much more relevant, as if she was definately at the party, the dream is not merely a hint at something, but a blatant admission that alice was a mind controlled slave.

Now take note of the two hookers that live in the building with the red door, and the fact that bill has an encounter with both of them. Physicaly they could be low-rent 'doubles' of alice and the model. When the model turns up dead, domino, her double, also dissapears, and sal (alices double) says domino has caught HIV and probably wont ever be coming back.

wtf was kubrick doing with a masked naked kidman being 'handled' by sidney pollack's character? And never told anyone. Also, consider kubrick died after this movie, and sidney pollack died after directing nicole kidman in 'the interpreter'

btw, if anyonw was wondering, kidman is bloodline. She is a direct decendant of cecil rhodes, as in rhodes scholars.

Yeah ive got way too much free time on my hands i know :)
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:08 pm

That's really interesting Stal, sort of implies to me that Kubrick was involved somehow in all this for real, well that's what I thought anyway when I saw the film years ago and maybe Pollack as well.

There are so many layers to everything, sometimes you wouldn't know if you were dreaming things or if you were drugged or something.

As far as Cruise goes, well he seems like a slippery character to me, a real little hitler in a way.

That whole scene over there would leave me quite ill Stal literally.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:38 pm

I'll have to watch the film again mate.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:52 am

has absolutely nothing to do with anything,

just felt the need to write it down at the time.
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 11:41 am

Stal, it does mean 'something'.

Hollywood, monarchs, orgies, costumes, rituals, elites, doubles, alice, dreams, murder, handlers, bloodlines, mind control...yeah, means alot.

Will have to watch it again with EYES WIDE OPEN.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
Reunite
Reunite

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Biggles wrote:
As far as Cruise goes, well he seems like a slippery character to me

That's hilarious Biggs. The first time I met Tom was one Mission Impossible 2. I was spinning him around on this turntable to take camera stills to construct a 360 view for his digital double. He stood up to shake hands and left this slippery lube on my hand....lol He was lubed up, about to do a stunt.

Yeah Nicole can either be hot or cold.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:13 pm

Reunite wrote:
Biggles wrote:
As far as Cruise goes, well he seems like a slippery character to me

That's hilarious Biggs. The first time I met Tom was one Mission Impossible 2. I was spinning him around on this turntable to take camera stills to construct a 360 view for his digital double. He stood up to shake hands and left this slippery lube on my hand....lol He was lubed up, about to do a stunt.

Yeah Nicole can either be hot or cold.

Spinning Tom Cruise around on a turntable, lol! you have lots of stories, good ones at that, you can tell the kids and grandkids sweetie pie or anyone else for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:28 pm

Does Nicole show any what would be called human like attributes off the screen?

The few times I've seen her interviews there seems like she void of something, maybe sense of humour??

Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:40 pm

I can't work her out mate...lol

Tom introduced me to her at a party, she was really nice and receptive at the time. However one of my aunties happens to look after her house at Rushcutters Bay, One day she can be lovely and all nice and the next day turn around and be a bitch for no reason. So yeah kind of unpredictable.

Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks mate!

Maybe she should ride BMX again to get her vibe back, I'm sure a few 360 summersaults over a jump would shake out the demon LOL
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Reunite wrote:
I can't work her out mate...lol

Tom introduced me to her at a party, she was really nice and receptive at the time. However one of my aunties happens to look after her house at Rushcutters Bay, One day she can be lovely and all nice and the next day turn around and be a bitch for no reason. So yeah kind of unpredictable.

Your so adorable kerm, all these fascinating people you've met, yet you never had a big head over it all this time we have known ya; no name dropping or anything, just rolls off your tongue and it's just like meeting anyone else we know. I know some people who would shout from the roof tops if they knew some of the people you've known.

Your just too cute. lol!
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:12 pm

I have BMX Bandits on DVD...lol

Some of the worst acting I've seen but loved it as a kid.

Biggs remember that black sports car served my ego at the time.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:18 pm

Reunite wrote:
I have BMX Bandits on DVD...lol

Some of the worst acting I've seen but loved it as a kid.

Biggs remember that black sports car served my ego at the time.

I am gonna answer this on our private section above he,he. On second thoughts.

Here's kerm back in his single days.....................look out ladies he's loose and on the prowl. lol!
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 pm

Whooo Hoooo, sing it baby yeah................ lol!

I must admit I can just imagine when you were 25 or so, out on the town must have turned heads bear, but then we all did when we were young, even me can you believe that, all you youngins on here are bright, good looking and smart, the whole package.

I am gonna go back to research and leave ya alone now kerm, you can continue to dangle those lovely green cute legs off your little lily pad. lol!

Last edited by Biggles on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:44 pm

lol!

They're all so hip!
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:47 pm

Oh yeah we had the big hair, the glarie make-up, oooh, it was so like in. clubbing

I'm sure everyone thought they were cool anyway.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:17 am

i've always enjoyed the irony of nicole starring in 'stepford wives' (even though it was a shitty remake), which reminds me, katie holmes starred in the remake of 'stepford children', which kept all the mind-control elements off the original, although it was titled something else. Came out the same time josh hartnett and elijah wood did 'the faculty' (a bodysnatchers re-telling) with rodrigez.

Also, just as trivia, i was in manly on holidays when bmx bandits was filmed. Remember watching the waterslide sequence, and part of the finale, being made right outside my parents appartment.

Ooh remind me to tell you a story about that building sometime.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:33 am

and on a semi-related note, read the new brett easton ellis book on the weekend.

Short, but good, if you like his stuff. Makes a whole lot more sense if you know his early work, and his real life backstorry. Its a continuation of less than zero, but as usual, part of it is autobiographical.

One of the main points of the plot is his working on a film adeptation of the listeners (his own book, the informers, which was filmed at the same time as the dark knight, by the guy who directed heath ledger in 'two hands', and one of the stars, brad renfro ((i think)) died right around the same time as heath.

There is one passage right at the end where he reverts to the blatant over the top savagery of american psycho, and it realy doesnt fit the rest of the book. The location for this sccene sounds very much like a Spahn Ranch type of place.

Also, side note, ellis says he cant actualy remeber writing most of american psycho. He would just black out on booze and chems, and when he woke up, there would be a fresh chapter, filled with, well, if you've read it, you know what i mean.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:10 am

Gosh Stal,

Your one hell of an intelligent, informed person about places, people, things in general. You leave me gobsmacked with what you tell us. Proud auntie. sunny
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 1:01 pm

thanks biggs. I'm only good for some stuff, there are plenty of things i know nothing about.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

eyes wide shut Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes wide shut   eyes wide shut Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

eyes wide shut
Page 1 of 1