the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3 Empty
PostSubject: internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3   internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:04 pm

we have aussies here, correct?
did any of you notice this, can you verify?
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Number of posts : 698
Humor : I got some
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3   internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:17 pm

hmmmm pretty amazing test eh

The other day I put up a video on face book for my family of "non believers" regarding the revolution that
people are getting ready for at the end of this month in Pitts. Also Obama has put on 1200 National guards on alert there

I wanted my family to get food ready and so a few hours later I went there and the video was gone !

I had trouble getting into conscious media site also. I got in there today, no proplem

"
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3   internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:59 pm

I never noticed it, apparently it was only for an hour between 7:48am - 8:48am on September 3rd.
http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/317227/telstra_internet_crumbles_under_national_outage

Telstra, our largest ISP refused to participate in our federal governments net filter trials back in December last year.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3   internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:49 pm

reunite i was wanting verification on whether i could
trust this guy's account of the story...
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3   internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:10 pm

His theory is plausible. It does seem strange that only .gov sites were active whilst the commerical and private sites were down during this hour.

And why would it take exactly 1 hour to reboot? Also reading comments on the link someone from Telstra claims they never rebooted the network. Seems a bit shady to me.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3   internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:17 am

yeah i was out mustering sheep at that time and couldn't acess the net from my palm pilot. was right on the edge of phone service though, so i thought it was just atmospheric conditions or something.
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Number of posts : 698
Humor : I got some
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3   internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:20 am

I used to work with computer systems. I'm not as smart as my sister who is a programmer.

Now it can be done where certain programs can stay up while others go down. Its all in one little circuit.

I was a supervisor for a very large company. When you program the supervisors computers you put in a program that can do certain things that others in the company can't.
Its not complicated at all.

I seen where the people in the office would be down but I would be able to get in and keep on working.

If a corporation can do this in their own office...............Of course it can be done through government systems.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3   internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:27 pm

It's strange as we were having problems in this area for about three days around that time. I assumed it was the local provider but seeing all the posts around the net I'm not so sure it wasn't more than that now. Is it possible this new Internet policy that's been rumoured for so long is slowly being implemented?
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3   internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:13 am

trouble yesterday, for a few hours we were down...
but i'm pretty sure it was the thunder storm passing thru...
or is that what they WANT me to think?
affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3   internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

internet shut down? testing, 1 2 3
Page 1 of 1