the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soma Consciousness

Go down 
+2
Reunite
New World Orphan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:07 pm

Here is a website I stumbled across called the Red Angels. It deals with the soma mushroom , which ironically is the same mushroom used on the video game Mario Brothers to make Mario bigger in his fight against King Koopa, lol. Anyway, I don't know if I would mess with the soma's but they seem very interesting. Anyone here have any knowledge of the Soma?

Here is the link http://somashamans.com/
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:06 pm

Nice link thanks.

Yes I've heard soma comes from the vedas who participated in sacrafical tea parties drinking hallucinogenic brews extracted from the psilocybin mushroom. It's similar to ayahuasca with the base ingredient DMT.

Jordan Maxwell talks about the mushroon cult.

Soma Pinoline: Blinded By the Light

"When religion suggests we “become as little children” again, who could imagine this implies a shamanic return to the womb and the natural psychedelic state of an uncalcified pineal gland? In early childhood, we are perpetually immersed in cascades of trance-inducing theta rhythms of the brain, with the feel-good chemical brew it creates for metaprogramming.

Until roughly age 8, we can’t really distinguish between fantasy and reality, due to our own natural hallucinogen, DMT, (dimethyltryptamine). DMT molecules are similar to serotonin and target the same receptors. Meditation has been suggested as a means of preserving youthful appearance and mental flexibility. Dr. Rick Strassman and others claim this spiritual technology encourages production and release of natural DMT (Soma Pinoline) in the mindbody throughout the lifespan.

DMT is implicated in the wild imaginings of our nightly dreams, near-death phenomena (NDEs), alien abduction experiences, and dream yoga. It is also a source of visionary phenomena in therapy, such as unusual psychophysical states attained in waking dreams, shamanic or psychotherapeutic journeys. Synthetic and botanical DMT crosses the blood-brain barrier and bonds to the same synaptic sites as serotonin. Psychedelic chemist, Sasha Shulgin claims, “DMT is everywhere.”

Each night in dreams we experience an essentially psychedelic state. The principal difference between dreams and hallucinations is the way the stages of wakefulness are organized, with the suppression of REM sleep and the intrusion of PGO waves in the arousal (waking) stage and in NREM (or slow) sleep".

Full article:
http://www.popocculture.com/50/soma-pinoline-blinded-by-the-light
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:37 am

I love mushrooms, every time I have taken them. I literally have intense spirit world experiences. Thanks for the added info. I love dreams too! Thats why I sleep as much as I can, because once one passes away he or she will never be able to dream again. Have you ever woken up literally in the middle of a hard core REM dream? You cant move, you are freakn paralyzed! Its actually pretty scary.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:25 pm

hi nwo.....well i gotta tell ya i have tripped on all different typs of shrooms........i always loved em...........so much fun...........

and only once i got soma shrooms ....i was in india and a russian friend had gifted a soma chocholate to me......he had prepaired them in russia and smuggled them over to india.........he spent months trippin out in the forrest.......

i gotta tell ya it was the best trip of my life.........it really is much more spiritual then other types........sat on top of a rock cliff for hours absorbing the atmosphire of the forest.........i had the most intence felling of love and complet one ness..........it was the most pressious time of my life.......and i would love to have another experience with them............

for me the soma touched deeper into my being then even ayahuaska..........

and at that time i had a terrible lung infection for weeks...........the soma cure it by the end of my trip.....it was amazing........
my advice.......if a soma crosses your path go for it......honestly it will change the way you view the world and it is an experience that will stick with you a lifetime.........

if each person took somas the world would be a peaceful place............. rainbow
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:39 pm

now, as then, i'll try anything

once
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:48 pm

zuni wrote:

i gotta tell ya it was the best trip of my life.........it really is much more spiritual then other types........sat on top of a rock cliff for hours absorbing the atmosphire of the forest.........i had the most intence felling of love and complet one ness..........it was the most pressious time of my life.......and i would love to have another experience with them............

Did you get any visuals? Did you trip with your eyes open or closed? and also how long did the trip last?
Sounds amazing by the way!! I am putting soma on my check list.
Back to top Go down
bilderburger w/cheese
bilderburger w/cheese

Number of posts : 94
Humor : available upon request
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:57 pm

in my amanita muscara experience, i was able to astrally project with a little more than 1/4 oz (7 g). i had no visuals though. amanitas are a whole different ball of wax than psilocybe. i found the amanitas to be far more tame. i couldve easily upped the dosage to a 1/2 oz without overdoing it.

new world orphan, the amanitas are available online from various vendors. i ordered mine from iamshaman.com. (youve checked out erowid.org, right? if not, its a great resource.) if you dont want to buy them, you can pick your own. i saw many of them growing in peoples yards in august and september last year here in the eastern US, but they grow everywhere. its hard to pick the wrong ones.

psilocybe shrooms... cant say enough good things about it. however, like all of these, theyre not for everyone. the last time i did it, i tripped with my eyes closed for 4 of the 6 hours. what a great experience.
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:48 pm

Yes, that is the best way to do it. This is actually the first time I looked into the different types, I usually just roll with what my friends pick up. Anyway, I definitely agree with the whole eyes closed thing. One time I tripped and it didnt kick in till 3 or 4 hours later. I thought I had a super high tolerance or something but when I laid down to go to sleep. I had an experience! and thinking different thoughts gave me different visuals. Anyway, thanks for the website info I will definitely check it out.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:02 am

hi nwo.......i just spent a long time responding to you in a post.......just after that post disappeared..........lol.......when i have time i will retype it for you......because i really want to share it with you.......
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Cool, cant wait to hear it.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:03 pm

okay so yes i agree with bbw/c.........somas are a whole nother ball of wax........

Quote :
how long did the trip last?

well it is hard to say.......i ate the chockolate in the afternoon......and they started to kick in before sunset.......i had been sick for like a month with a terrible lung infection.......i was always coughing up green flem.......this is going to sound gross but i had a really strong coughing attack and started cleansing all of this mucus.......it was the most profound thing cause i instantly became aware of how much microbic organisms this flem was suporting......when i became aware of this i felt how all life was interconected and interdependent.......from the microscopic to the hugest mountian and every thing in between.... i found a rock cliff to pearch my self on......

and these somas are way more spiritual....i didn´t have any visuals......i just sat there in lotus totally still and just obsorbing the vibes of the forest.......it´s not about what i saw it´s about what i felt in my heart.......i could feel the trees breathing........ it´s like i could feel the forest breathing......and i could feel her soul......and she told be that are souls are always together but now that the barriers were gone she was able to speak to me.....it was a true heart to heart......at that time i could feel my connection with all living beings......i .i was total love and so was everything else...........and i sat on that rock till it was very dark.............i had never felt so at peace...........i had never felt true love like i felt that night......tears of joy were streaming down my face.........and i did not move......i wanted to contineue on this vibration......i new that these were the most presious hours of my life and it was a gift from mother nature........who knows how long i sat there but it became very dark cold and damp.......

i was about an hour hike form my camp.......i had no flash light at all .....actually i had noting with me exept a bottle of water and a chillum.......but anyway i didn´t need a flashlight because i felt the connection to the forest i could use my intuiton and i was guided........

on my adventure throgh the forest i heard some running water coming for a cave....i felt the life force there and went to check it out.......and i found a little crab.......it was amazing cause i could feel what she was feeling so i hung out with her for some time..........

when i got back to my camp i felt the need to have a yoga practice it was amazing my lungs were totally healed ai could breath better then ever........my moves my breath everything was flowing and linking in a way that i had never experienced before ........

to this very day if i close my eyes i can put myself there in an instant.........

if i´m ever sad or feeling down i just put myself back there and i can feel the love and comfot again......

it was the most healing experience of my life......even more so then my ayahuaska trips.......

and i´m thank full that i have been blessed with that gift....
Back to top Go down
raulduke
raulduke

Number of posts : 404
Humor : myself
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:46 am

Wow cool thread/link, thanks nwo, don't know how I missed it for a week. scratch

I've seen that Jordan Maxwell piece before, and I had to get ahold of my mom (super nice but really religious) as soon as I could to tell her that the "manna from heaven" that the israelites were eating when they were wandering 'round the desert, was actually "magic mushrooms" and they were all tripping balls ha ha. It made perfect sense! Oh that conversation was so much fun. I almost wanted to go to back to church (for the frirst time in like 7 years) and have a word w/ the pastor to see if I could get a minute or two at the podium.

I just had a really fun trip (psylocibin) last weekend actually. Nothing super spiritual or anything, just a bunch of good friends hanging out on a farm in the woods in middle of nowhere muching some boomies.

The stars really suck in the city, and I don't get as many chances to see 'em w/o the terrible light pollution, so I told some peeps I was headin up to the lake to sleep under the stars and got a couple takers. We took the polaris up to the lake (my dumbass fell out and smashed my knee on a rock, though I managed to hang on to my beer of course, gotta have priorities!) and layed on the ground starring up at the sky, trying to find some "uber cluster" one of my silly ass buddies was going on about. Ahhh.....good times, good times. Wish I could see so many stars every night.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever done soma mushrooms, as far as I know, but after they've been dried out, I think it's probably pretty hard to tell I dunno. I'm certainly no mushroom expert, though I've definitely run into some boomers that are way more potent than others. I've definitely had some really intensely thought provoking mushroom trips too, strangely enough they were almost always when I was surrounded by thousands of people.

I used to be a pretty serious tour rat back in the day, following phish (mainly), widespread, and string cheese as often and for as long as possible. The tour crowd is, for the most part, a very cool crowd, so it's easy to hang out w/ all of 'em while you're slippin outta your body. One of the most lucidly enlightening moments I've ever had came when I was pretty young, on one of my first intense trips far away from home when I had lost my friends in upstate NY at phish's IT festival. I was 16 and tripping insanely hard, more than I wanted to be, (c'mon gimme a break I was young and dumb, but trust me it works out) and just wanted to feel safe again as I was so far from home and all alone, feelling I was just on the precipice of 'losing it' when something told me to go to the very back of the ampitheatre and sit down. I sat down on the ground and brought my knees to my chest and starred down at the stage when phish went into their vocal jam that comes at the end of "you enjoy myself". It's a really cool harmony between the 4 of them, and it wafted up into my head, slowing my racing thoughts, filtering the fear, and leaving me w/ a feeling of safety. It's unexplainable through the computer but I think you guys probably know what I'm talking about. It's a message that says " There's no reason to be afraid because it's all a ride, and we can change it any time we want."

I told that story to someone at work (kinda square guy) once when he asked me if I had ever had a "bad trip", and he said "I bet you never ate mushrooms again.", to which I could only muster an ungraceful laugh and shake my head mumbling "you don't get it", but that's ok, 'cause mushrooms definitely ain't for everyone.

Here's another version of that vocal jam I mentioned (which went on for like ten minutes, it's never the same though) if anyone's interested. Vocal jam here starts at about 1:10.

Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Hey raulduke great story, you reminded me of my teen days tripping out trying to gain focus again..lol

And Zuni your experience is confirmation why psylocibin is illegal. Don't want the masses experiencing such a profound connection to nature do they.
Back to top Go down
raulduke
raulduke

Number of posts : 404
Humor : myself
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:39 am

Reunite wrote:
Hey raulduke great story, you reminded me of my teen days tripping out trying to gain focus again..lol

And Zuni your experience is confirmation why psylocibin is illegal. Don't want the masses experiencing such a profound connection to nature do they.

Thanks Reunite.

And I agree that everyone should be able to experince what I and others here have w/ (and many times w/o) the aid of mushrooms. The only reason I said "mushrooms definitely ain't for everyone" is 'cause I think for so many of the good people out there (that I often refer to as "squares") there are simply too many preconceived notions in their minds about what a 'trip' is. I once witnessed a frat boy who'd never tripped before get dared to eat a mushroom chocolate at a new year's party so he decided to eat 4 (they were super potent), and he absolutley lost his shit by the end of the night, slugged his girlfriend like she was a man, and had to be wrestled to the ground, by 5 of us. We had to call the cops on him ultimatley 'cause no one could calm him down and he was trying to fight anyone who was trying to tell him to chill and just sit down. I think it's possible that if I had had a chance to sit him down and explain what would happen (as best I could) before he decided to chomp 4 chocolates in a hurry, things might have been different, but what happened was that after he did that, people at the party all joined in in a nearly simultaneaous "ohhhhhh shit what did you just do?" type of thing, and it must have scarred the shit out of him, and he just let the trip get on top of him after that I guess.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:46 am

in the "old days", when i tripped with my friends, we did it
like this:

we decided on a time and place suitable for everyone... we
all fasted for a day, then would meent at the place (someone's pad)
and the music would all be lined up, ready to play, everyone sat on
the floor with pillows, everyone had a notebook and pen, and one
person "led" the trip, by keeping an eye on everyone and playing
the selected music in the proper "order"... because we were in
a safe, secure place with no interruptions (people showing up
can induce paranoia) we never had anyone "freak out"

as we "came down" we discussed the experience and ate
red jello with bananas in it - yummy

i was lucky to be indoctrinated in such an intelligent way... these
trips were meant to be for enlightenment and not for recreation...
in my experience, people who freak out have some icky stuff inside
themselves before they begin...
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:38 pm

That is definitely the way to do it WH! The only problem I really have, is that I cant be indoors I get too claustrophobic. I need to run free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soma Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soma Consciousness   Soma Consciousness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soma Consciousness
Page 1 of 1