the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

maya question.....???

Go down 
+6
Gabriel
Reunite
New World Orphan
micjer
Lightning222
zuni
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???
Registration date : 2009-01-23

maya question.....??? Empty
PostSubject: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:29 am

i ve had this question for as long as i can remember........

they say the mayans were an advanced civilization.....enlightened masters of time ........

okay fine......

but i always wonder.....okay lets say that slaves didn t build their temples......we ll say they were voulenteers ?????okay..........but why if they were so inlightened did they cut down all of their trees ??? and by building these temples ....polute their water sourse........ to the point where they could no longer live there.......

i mean how conscious of a being can one be if they do not even understand the basics of nature preservation ????

i mean in the end there home was uninhabitable because they cause so much damage and polution........to their water source.........

i wonder how they were masters of time if they couldn t even manage their natural resources......??? scratch questionb

can anyone offer an explaination ???? or have a theory ???? cause to me it doesen t make any sence........... I dunno
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:51 am

Did you ever see Apoculypto by Mel Gibson? It gave that exact scenario. I also read a Robert Ludlum book a "Faction" that discusses their most likely downfall. Documentaries suggest that they took so many slaves and prisoners that they overstretched their resources. Their territories became so vast they couldn't be sustained or defended.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:05 am

Quote :
i mean in the end there home was uninhabitable because they cause so much damage and polution........to their water source.........

I got the chills when I read this zuni. Look at the situation in the gulf. History repeating itself?
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:00 am

@ lightning ...... yes they say that the maya had meny slaves...... i feel that is probobly true......but i was going to lay that aside for those who say no the worker bees were all voulenteers and the historians want to make the mayan and their prophacy look less credible........

so aside from the slave /human sacrifice aspect.......how could these so called "time masters" been so destructive twords nature ???? i feel it points to the fact that the mayans were not all they re cracked up to be.........

how can folks follow them.....their calander.......their predictions..........whithout answering these disterbing questions ????

and if their predictions do turn out to be credible.....who would give this group of people this time information.........and yet not inform them about simple things such as living in harmony with nature......... i dont know but something is off here.......

@micjer.......seems folks don t learn so much from history....... ae.......
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:43 am

Well it's been bandied around that Thoth was Annunaki and most likely candidate for Quetzalcoatl. That just feels right to me. I think that the problem in most of these civilizations was the human component, i.e., the high priests and rulers whose egos got in the way and reinterpreted the messages. Just as magick is nothing more than science we don't understand and used to hold power over people who were never privy to certain knowledge others had access to.

I posted a wonderful miniseries The Great Queen Seondoeck which goes into all these topics including Astrology and rulers belief of the Mandate of Heaven. I found it very revealing as a likely scenario of how the few ruled the masses and stayed in power for so long. Superstitions are powerful deterrents.

There weren't many civilizations that didn't partake in some sort of blood ritual or sacrifice. That always amazed me on how it got started and how it continued regardless of the culture.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:56 am

thanks lightning.......... im going to check out your The Great Queen Seondoeck thread......

i had read the emerald tablets......by thoth.....and knew they were suposedly found under the mayan temple in mexico........

also the mayan calander seems like a ritual thing of sorts......i have known people who are into the mayan calander specificaly the " law of time" version........ and each day they write their little daily poem......and do all there calculations........but what is wild is that all of the folks i knew over the years who were asociated with the law of time calander......are well lets say very cought up in the calander rituals but lack feeling and intuition........ and have had something strange incedents with alot of them........

and it seems to be a bit of a cult........it may just be my own experiences with these folks.......perhaps a coincodence ???

it all just seems so weird.......

i presented them with the questions im asking here.....but they just get a glazed look and say "it s not true "

so i was thinkin man its really wierd to take on rituals and costoms of a civilization we don t know much about........ so maybe following this law of time thing is like playing with a dark energy .....dressed up as something possitive ????

or maybe its just the law of time translation ???

in any case there are several interpritations of this calander......... so who knows why so meny have decided to whole heartedly follow these mayan calanders and predictions.....without knowing where they came from and what the true meaning is....... and why these scollers have not asked more questions about these mysterious group of people before blindly trusting ????

or perhaps there is a bunch of propiganda conserning them...... ???

but still my origonal questions still exsist scratch I dunno questionb
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:11 pm

To me an advanced civilization does not take into account things like nature. Civilization is about "man"made things and control. Using up resources! muhaha! Which is of course a bs way to run things. Civilization needs to evolve and be redefined. Kings and priests dont care about "mother" nature, thats sissy stuff. Kings worship manly stuff like the sun. Mother nature is for girls. This is prob. a conversation that happened many times between the mayan men. lol.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:33 pm

The positioning of their temples/pyramids coincides where the ley lines intersect, the vortex points as with all the pyramids around the world. It seems they sacrificed mother nature in these particular spots for their own self benefits to draw up this energy.

Then you have to ask the question, were the mayan's STS off world entities who had no regard to mother nature or fellow human life? Seems like like popped in and popped straight out of existence, that to me signifies they never belonged to earth in the first place.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:50 pm

@ orphan....... i see where your commin from but still....... scratch

@reunite...... if these off world entities had no regard for nature or humman life....why present the mayans with the info in the first place ??? and why does the calander always get translated to the end date (wether 2012 or 2011) ending with enlightenment ??? seems like it could be a big trick of some sort ??? i feel something is just not kosher with this maya story.....hum..... scratch

its not sitting well with me.......... I dunno
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:07 pm

I'm suggesting the Mayan's were the off world entities. Why? because they just disappeared off the face of the earth - literately.

The mayan calender revolves around an end date, an end of an age however it's also marks the beginning of a new one. The mayan scholars don't focus on the beginning of this new age, perhaps because their teachings (cult for a better word) will no longer hold any weight.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:27 pm

oh....... got ya........ hum.......

that would explain some things....... but it would also most likely point to the fact that these mayans and there teachings may not be as bonevolant as these scollers imply.........

and that explains why these folks that follow the "law of time" act so strangely........ like their words are kind and sweet but their actions do not match.......almost as if they are scattered.......
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:10 pm

These mayan scholars aren't even mayans. Perhaps saw the civilization as an opportunity to exploit and start a cult.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:03 pm

A wonderful thread for sure. I too zuni have asked about the Mayan just as you have, with no good answers coming to me.

I listen to the Mayan teachings, but place no special trust in them at all. To me they are just another civilization that went bust in the end.

Any group that commits human sacrifice of any kind I disregard as Zombies, off worlders as reuniteR suggests, or just a terribly misguided people that I for sure will not follow in their advice of spiritual things.

Your questions are full of life and curiosity and the answers are short and fleeting. They may have had great astrological knowledge but that alone does not cause me to follow them blindly as some seen to.

It has also been my experience in life that the majority is almost always wrong, and the popularity in the mainstream of the Mayan thing makes this suspicious as far as I am concerned.

Anything so popular is most likely wrong as I see things.
Back to top Go down
raulduke
raulduke

Number of posts : 404
Humor : myself
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:49 pm

zuni wrote:

i wonder how they were masters of time if they couldn t even manage their natural resources......??? scratch questionb

can anyone offer an explaination ???? or have a theory ???? cause to me it doesen t make any sence........... I dunno

Hmm, I'm definitely no mayan expert but all I can think of is that the most scholarly people in our societies today are usually not the people that make the big decisions, so perhaps mayan astonomers who mapped the night sky and created their calendar had little or nothing to do with the way their society was run. I dunno
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:43 am

raulduke wrote:
so perhaps mayan astonomers who mapped the night sky and created their calendar had little or nothing to do with the way their society was run. I dunno

Seems very likely to me.
Back to top Go down
ESP

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:27 am

Reunite wrote:
I'm suggesting the Mayan's were the off world entities. Why? because they just disappeared off the face of the earth - literately.

The mayan calender revolves around an end date, an end of an age however it's also marks the beginning of a new one. The mayan scholars don't focus on the beginning of this new age, perhaps because their teachings (cult for a better word) will no longer hold any weight.

Nice story but they didn't disappear from earth they were killed off by the Europeans during imperialism and stories like slavery and human sacrifices were added later to make them look savage.
There is a lot of connection between mayans,sumerian,egyptian and ancient india.calender system used were also the same seems like they were all the same people and their time line goes further back than were being told.

No aliens here.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:49 am

I tend to agree with ESP however, I'm not so convinced that the Mayans and other cultures didn't partake in ritual sacrifice. If you had advanced visitors whether extraterrestrial, terrestrial or interdimentional intimadating you and giving you orders chances are the ruling classes would do as they were told to hang onto their positions. This was be especially true if you were guaranteed not to have to face that terror yourself.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:29 pm

ESP wrote:

Nice story but they didn't disappear from earth they were killed off by the Europeans during imperialism and stories like slavery and human sacrifices were added later to make them look savage.
There is a lot of connection between mayans,sumerian,egyptian and ancient india.calender system used were also the same seems like they were all the same people and their time line goes further back than were being told.

No aliens here.

I can only use intuitiveness discernment.

In any case I'm glad it stimulated a response out of you.

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Yes I agree with reuniteR esp, welcome.
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:08 pm

I think there was definitely an alien influence during the mayan times. As for how they just vanished , i think that can be argured either way.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:22 pm

New World Orphan wrote:
I think there was definitely an alien influence during the mayan times. As for how they just vanished , i think that can be argured either way.

Oh yeah, I agree with that one too NWO, no doubt in my mind anyway.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:03 am

wave
Hi ya ESP
nice to see ya posting..don't be a stranger

i don't think we have enough info to say what the maya did or didn't do..most of the stuff was interpted by one guy and everyone went from there

but what i find most interesting is that the maya are thought to be badies with human blood on their hands and they just
vanished at approxiamtely the same time as the hopi who are consider to be goodies...
and the hopi were also considered to be maya who migrated north
I dunno

what if the space ship came and picked em all up...and we have screwed up the info (again) and figure the end is now..instead of the end was then

just askin
dancing baby
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:37 am

maya question.....??? Bizarro2012pic
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:52 am

lol!

i was hopin yoiu would post that cartoon...
i luv it
BigSmile2
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 5:48 pm

Am I getting it wrong here guys scratch where are those markings on the ground that you can see from the sky, is that the Incans or Mayans, but whatever I saw a documentary showing that huge markings could be seen from the sky; that has got to mean something as well.

Oh heck, we all know by now that ETs were visiting for thousands of years down here I think that's passe now; just waiting for the big show coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: maya question.....???   maya question.....??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

maya question.....???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next