the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype

Go down 
+4
pilgrim
Somamech
WineHippie
micjer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Empty
PostSubject: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 8:21 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33261483/ns/technology_and_science-science/

MEXICO CITY - Apolinario Chile Pixtun is tired of being bombarded with frantic questions about the Mayan calendar supposedly "running out" on Dec. 21, 2012. After all, it's not the end of the world.

Or is it?

Definitely not, the Mayan elder insists. "I came back from England last year and, man, they had me fed up with this stuff."

It can only get worse for him. Next month, Hollywood's "2012" opens in cinemas, featuring earthquakes, meteor showers and a tsunami dumping an aircraft carrier on the White House.

At Cornell University, Ann Martin, who runs the "Ask an Astronomer" Web site, says people are scared.

"It's too bad that we're getting e-mails from fourth-graders who are saying that they're too young to die," Martin said. "We had a mother of two young children who was afraid she wouldn't live to see them grow up."

Chile Pixtun, a Guatemalan, says the doomsday theories spring from Western, not Mayan, ideas.

A significant time period for the Maya does end on the date, and enthusiasts have found a series of astronomical alignments they say coincide in 2012, including one that happens roughly only once every 25,800 years.

But most archaeologists, astronomers and Maya Indians say the only thing likely to hit Earth is a meteor shower of New Age philosophy, pop astronomy, Internet doomsday rumors and TV specials — such as one on the History Channel that mixes predictions from Nostradamus and the Maya and asks: "Is 2012 the year the cosmic clock finally winds down to zero days, zero hope?"

con't.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 8:32 am

so then i guess there ARE 2 sides to everything, even
being a mayan elder in these days.....
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 8:55 am

I do not feel that the world will end on this date. This part is hyped way out of proportion.

On the other hand something is happening and change has to come shortly or humans will be their own demise.

We cannot continue running the world on fossil fuel. We cannot allow the NWO to take over. We have to have hope for the future. We cannot continue to be slaves. We cannot allow TPTB to poison us with vaccines, chemtrail, aspartame, flouride. We need full disclosure in reagards to ET's. We need full disclosure on hidden free energy devices. We need full disclosure on alternative and inexpensive medicines.

The world economy is collapsing. Disasters are increasing in frequency. Life has to change as we know it.

Other THOUGHTS???

soapbox
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:17 am

Its the military budgets we should be looking at for a coming disaster gotcha
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:34 am

like i said before mic, i've done all the studying and cramming
i have time for.... it's a game of relax, observe, and be ready....
and, silly me, i hold out hope for that wild card i call consciousness...
there are too many variables in too many possible scenarios and i
have no inclination to just pick one.... i feel i am in "reaction training"
so that no matter what happens, i will react in the best way possible
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:45 am

WineHippie wrote:
like i said before mic, i've done all the studying and cramming
i have time for.... it's a game of relax, observe, and be ready....
and, silly me, i hold out hope for that wild card i call consciousness...
there are too many variables in too many possible scenarios and i
have no inclination to just pick one.... i feel i am in "reaction training"

Thats the best way inmho to look at it WH

Great insight mate !
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:19 am

Very wise comments WH.

My problem is it is like the night before the big exam and I keep going back and checking my notes to make sure I have everything right!

My impatience keeps getting the better of me and I want verification that we are not being misled. However once I stop and listen to my inner self the answers are that we would not all be here if there wasn't something to it.
Back to top Go down
pilgrim

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 3:03 pm

I'm with you on this one WH. Live life whilst keeping an eye on the situation.
The information has been gathered and we know what they are at. The important
thing now is to work on raising our consciousness and spirit., for these are the tools
that will bring the ' dark ones' crashing down.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 7:36 pm

cheers

Hippie
good way to go on
i try to do the same and find some joy in each day and send it out into the world
so that if i do have any responsibility in the creation of our future is will be joyous..
because
i really do think that IS what is going on..we are being made aware of our part in everything
that
it isn't happening TO US..but BECAUSE of US.....
and like Lousie Hay said
"when we know better, we do better"

and a date like 12-21-12 is only a line in the sand...where we can come to terms with our power
and ability and mostly responsibility so that with all the hype..we can recognize ourselves by that time

there has been a great big animal house party on earth for a long time and now the clean up crew
has to clean up
and we are it...like it or not..we really are the ones we have been waiting for..
it's us
love
angelic
shocked clapping
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Of course the western hype will focus on ending of an age come December 2012, creates over sensitized anxiety and helplessness. However they won't go into the opposite spectrum - the beginning of a new age. A shift in consciousness and unlimited potenial.

So if there ever comes a day when we get a tap on the shoulder once the 3rd density has graduated we can swiftly move off in our desired direction mentally and spiritually prepared.
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 8:32 pm

Maybe the Mayans also just got sick of making their calender go on forever and 2012 is the date they decided to stop at. Imagine if thats all it was, lol. Talk about being over hyped.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:53 am

The game has always been to take our attention outward and away from our inner development with any kind of distractions they can throw at us. Keep working on your own inner development and empowerment and don't give away your energy to outer events. Step away, look at them, learn from them but don't give into the distraction.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:02 am

Lightning222 wrote:
The game has always been to take our attention outward and away from our inner development with any kind of distractions they can throw at us. Keep working on your own inner development and empowerment and don't give away your energy to outer events. Step away, look at them, learn from them but don't give into the distraction.

i find this is much easier to do, once i left a place of many people
to come to a land of few people... not watching tv for over a year
now has helped, also... staying away from fluoridated water has
been a biggie, i think... working on/recognizing when my ego comes
out to "play" is upfront in my consciousness, it helps when reacting
to the distractions put into our reality just to mess with our heads
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:47 am

Yep, we weren't meant to live in large cities, but small communities where we all have a part to play. We were meant to know our neighbors and help each other and learn from each other. It's why "they" had to break up family traditions and units, keep us moving and disconnect us from reality.

We all have something to work on and have to figure out how to get the job done. Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype   Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype
Page 1 of 1