the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?

Go down 
+6
Anchor
Biggles
sky otter
Somamech
Gabriel
micjer
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Empty
PostSubject: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:24 am

Looks suspicious to me....

Gulf of Mexico oil spill shows disastrous legacy of Halliburton and the real cost of the oil era

http://www.naturalnews.com/028693_Gulf_of_Mexico_Halliburton.html

The company Halliburton -- yes, the same one that rakes in billions of dollars in profits rebuilding things in the Middle East after the U.S. military blows them up -- is the company that completed the "rig cementing" just 20 hours before the rig exploded. A federal study, meanwhile, shows that most rig blowouts are caused by problems with rig cementing. So now it appears that Halliburton may be implicated in this environmental disaster. (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...)
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:28 am

Nice article mic. I would not doubt that Halliburton was involved.
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:47 am

Choice Question there Mic and Gabes.

It would seem that they are, then compound that with what a nice chappy said here...

Quote :
Oil services contractor Halliburton Inc. said in a statement Friday that workers had finished cementing the well's pipes 20 hours before the rig went up in flames. Halliburton is named as a defendant in most of the more than two dozen lawsuits filed by Gulf Coast people and businesses claiming the oil spill could ruin them financially. Without elaborating, one lawsuit filed by an injured technician on the rig claims that Halliburton improperly performed its job in cementing the well, "increasing the pressure at the well and contributing to the fire, explosion and resulting oil spill."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100430/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gulf_oil_spill_the_rig
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 12:24 pm

scratch

well, i have been feeling it was a set up for a different reason...Obama's pushing of doing more off shore drilling right before this happened...the timing was just way too close not to be wierd
so are they trying to stop it or send a message to him..or what????

Obama's offshore drilling push shakes up congressional fight over climate bill
By Ben Geman - 04/01/10 06:00 AM ET
President Barack Obama’s offshore drilling proposal has shaken up the Capitol Hill climate change fight.

The White House has been emphasizing its support for nuclear power and oil drilling as it courts Republican — and centrist Democratic — endorsements of greenhouse gas emissions curbs.

Under the administration plan, the Interior Department will proceed with a lease sale for companies interested in drilling 50 miles off the Virginia coast before 2012. Leasing off the coasts of other mid-Atlantic and Southeastern states would be authorized in Interior’s 2012-2017 program.

The White House is also calling for opening a major swath of the eastern Gulf of Mexico, which is mostly off-limits under a 2006 Gulf drilling law.

While most of the drilling proposal can be undertaken using executive power, expanded drilling in the eastern Gulf of Mexico would require congressional approval. That will surely play a role in the fight over energy and climate legislation that Democrats hope to bring to the floor.

Republicans called Obama’s plan too narrow, as it closes off or delays leasing or sales in other areas.

The energy consulting firm ClearView Energy Partners, in a research note Wednesday, said the limits of the White House plan give architects of the Senate energy and climate bill an opening to woo new support.

“One obvious implication of today’s announcement: delaying and canceling OCS [Outer Continental Shelf] sales gives lawmakers the opportunity to ‘sweeten’ a climate bill by restoring or accelerating sales,” ClearView states.

But the White House and the architects of Senate legislation — Sens. John Kerry (D-Mass.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) — risk losing support among liberal Democrats and environmentalists as they seek expanded drilling.

For instance, Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) attacked the plan Wednesday.

“Drilling off the Virginia coast would endanger many of New Jersey’s beaches and vibrant coastal economies,” Lautenberg said in a prepared statement.

Environmental groups that are on board with efforts to craft a compromise climate change and energy bill — such as the Sierra Club and the Natural Resources Defense Council — also slammed the proposal.

Kerry, Graham and Lieberman plan to put their own stamp on offshore drilling in the bill they hope to unveil next month. Senators and industry officials briefed on their plan said earlier this month that it would give coastal-state governments some discretion about the extent of development off their shores.

One idea reportedly discussed in briefings on the plan would not allow drilling within 35 miles of state shores unless the states agreed to it, while it would be allowed in the 35-75 mile range unless states formally objected.

Kerry believes wider drilling is part of a recipe for Senate passage.

“In the difficult work of putting together a 60-vote coalition to price carbon, Sen. Kerry has put aside his own longtime policy objections and been willing to explore potential energy sources off our coasts as part of a suite of alternative solutions,” Kerry spokeswoman Whitney Smith said Wednesday.

Republicans were generally lukewarm — at best — to the Obama administration plan Wednesday, and many attacked the proposal, calling it too modest. The plan also scuttles some proposed Alaska lease sales.

White House spokesman Bill Burton largely deflected questions Wednesday about whether the drilling push would help the push for climate change legislation.

“I would say that it’s obviously a part of the climate legislation and the entire package that the president is working with Congress to move forward,” he said when asked about the implications of the drilling plan on the Capitol Hill climate change debate.

“So I would say that this is mostly about coming through on a promise that he made to the American people that he would have a comprehensive energy plan that would include some increased domestic production of energy but also some big investments in renewable technology, as well as finding ways to promote efficiency and things like that. So all these things are connected,” he added.

Something else to watch: Several lawmakers who support wider offshore drilling want the Senate energy and climate bill to give coastal states a nice cut of what could be billions of dollars in leasing and royalty revenue.

Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.), a centrist swing vote in the climate fight, on Wednesday applauded the plan to proceed with leasing off Virginia’s coast — but reiterated his call for Virginia to receive a share of the money.

“This policy should be coupled with a fair and equitable formula for profit-sharing between the federal and state government in order to attract well-paying jobs to the commonwealth and support a range of projects, from clean energy development to transportation infrastructure to coastal restoration,” Webb said.

Kerry, Graham and Lieberman plan to include “revenue sharing” in their bill, according to Sen. Mark Begich (D-Alaska), who has been briefed on the brewing legislation, and several published reports. Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi and Alabama already won revenue sharing under the 2006 law.

Click here to see a map that describes the Alaska offshore drilling strategy.

Click here to see a map that describes the Atlantic Coast and Gulf of Mexico drilling strategies.

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/677-e2-wire/90137-drilling-push-shakes-up-climate-fight-
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 12:45 pm

Here's another great example of the Two Headed Snake....

http://www.oil-price.net/en/articles/US-opens-more-areas-for-oil-exploration.php
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 12:45 pm

So in a nutshell, the greedy oilmen (and women) will do anything to keep the amount of oil in shortage position to keep prices higher. They would even destroy millions of square miles of animal and fish habitat to do so.

Yep message to Obama, we don't want too much drilling going on, and creating an over supply.

Do we really think that the general public is going to approve of expanded offshore drilling after this?
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:15 pm

I think you put your finger right on it mic. Now the public will be up in arms....LOL what timing.

I think you're right on as well Sky.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:39 pm

sunny

yep and another thought is....if there are undersea bases (and we know there are) would the drilling and exploration
pull them into the spotlight
also
the abundance of oil and gas has been known for a long time but if it becomes easily avalible..it would be much less costly
and less costly eqauls some freedom from the money noose which they are trying to tighten..

just some random thoughts here
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:25 pm

I always get upset at the amount of damage done to the environment and the ocean's inhabitants by disastrous stuff like this; and to think it could have been done on purpose, that's evil.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:43 am

sky otter wrote:
sunny

yep and another thought is....if there are undersea bases (and we know there are) would the drilling and exploration
pull them into the spotlight
also
the abundance of oil and gas has been known for a long time but if it becomes easily avalible..it would be much less costly
and less costly eqauls some freedom from the money noose which they are trying to tighten..

just some random thoughts here

Good thoughts Sky. Your random thoughts brings in the underwater bases....LOL something I did not think of at all hypnotize

The input from others always brings about a better understanding, "wisdom in councillors" .
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:44 am

Biggles wrote:
I always get upset at the amount of damage done to the environment and the ocean's inhabitants by disastrous stuff like this; and to think it could have been done on purpose, that's evil.

Me too biggles.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:31 am

We all need to ask for external assistance to ameliorate these problems ASAP. Its fair game for ET to help if we ask them to.

AJ..
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: SWAT teams?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:20 am

ok, so apparently Obama is sending SWAT teams to the rigs,
drilling in gulf of mexico is suspended for now .... now why
would tptb be making these chess moves? hmmmm?

Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:33 am

Anchor wrote:
We all need to ask for external assistance to ameliorate these problems ASAP. Its fair game for ET to help if we ask them to.

AJ..

I'll put my two cents worth in, by asking.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:42 am

warp

it never hurts to ask

we have three states that got tons of water in the last few days and tornados wiping out whole small towns
and the coal mine disaster in west virginia and the arizona alien mess and now
the oil spill...the aid is spread so thin just here in the US..without even thinking of all the others around the world needing aid
it's time to call for help for sure

welcome
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:43 am

I agree with Mark hippy, what are the details of these swat teams? How are they funded? Are they saying to us that the oil leak was a terror attack?

Anytime they start talking terrorists, I know they are lying.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:09 am

Geez the latest on the radio is that it was a North Korean sub that hit it because the platform was made in South Korea by Hyundia!
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:18 am

Well mic, I don't know if your serious or not.....LOL but if this sub thing is true then the plot thickens...

The swat teams might have a little trouble with a sub.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:23 am

Here is the link Gabe. Unbelievable.+

Quote :
The destruction of a BP oil rig in the Gulf Coast has led to a lot of speculation and rumor-mongering on the Internet, focusing on the possibility that rogue Communist dictatorship North Korea was at fault.

http://www.therightperspective.org/2010/05/02/did-north-korea-torpedo-oil-rig-in-us-gulf/
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:25 am

Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:31 am

Thanks mic for the link and video. Your right unbelievable, what next? Aliens from space or under the ocean attacking....LOL the truth is always stranger than fiction it seems.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:51 am

scratch

i'm thinking this is a typical tactic..the more stories about it
the less ANY are believed and the truth slips thur the cracks

watchingb
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:00 am

that may exactly be what is happening Sky, muddy the waters so much we never get the real story.
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:41 am

As though Nth Korea could get even close to that Rig, and what Benefit would Nth Korea see from rising oil prices?

Speculation:

I'm sure the US Navy have the means to plug this oil leak up in no time at all, but then the shadow operations would have to reveal their hand right?..and as though that's going to happen.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:05 pm

and yet another angle
long article..only a bit here

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36912754/ns/us_news-environment/?GT1=43001

BP: Oil rig leak 'wasn't our accident'
CEO to NBC: We'll clean it up, but rig was run by Transocean

NBC News and news services
updated 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
NEW ORLEANS - Facing an unprecedented Gulf Coast environmental disaster, not to mention lawsuits, oil giant BP told NBC on Monday that while it was taking responsibility for cleaning up the giant undersea leak, the accident that triggered the disaster was not its fault.

"It wasn't our accident, but we are absolutely responsible for the oil, for cleaning it up, and that's what we intend to do," BP Group CEO Tony Hayward told NBC's "TODAY" show.

The rig that exploded on April 20 and then sank was run by another company, Transocean, he reminded viewers. That rig, he said, "was run by their people, their processes."

Administration officials have been at pains to explain that Obama's late March decision to expand offshore oil exploration could be altered as a result of the spill and that stricter safety rules would doubtless be written into leases.

In reality, oil companies and the government lack the technology to prevent the damage from a well gushing oil, killing wildlife and tainting a delicate ecosystem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?   Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Halliburton involved with the Gulf Oil spill?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next