the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is this Blue Ray thing just a new DVD player!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Is this Blue Ray thing just a new DVD player!!! Empty
PostSubject: Is this Blue Ray thing just a new DVD player!!!   Is this Blue Ray thing just a new DVD player!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:55 am

When I hear them talking about it on the tv I am totally confused on what they mean; so I should buy one of those over any other type right? And if the ozzies on the forum could let me know what tv I should buy I would appreciate it because I am totally confused on that as well. There is the HD, the digital and another darn one.

Which one should I get this year and what DVD player should I get to go with the darn thing.

I am sure tptb keep new models of everything in a great huge shed out the back somewhere so once you buy something, they have the newer model already to go out the back. poke poke poke

If the ex is lurking here again.................... ha ha ha ha mooning mooning

Sorry guys maybe he will give up after next month, we can only hope.

K-Maro has a lot to answer for, it was him that told the ex I was on this forum after I had left. raincloud
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Is this Blue Ray thing just a new DVD player!!!   Is this Blue Ray thing just a new DVD player!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:43 am

A lot of movies are being released on both conventional DVD format and a newer format called BlueRay.

If you want to watch a BlueRay format DVD you need a Blueray player as they don't work in a conventional DVD player. (But a BlueRay player can play older format DVD's).

The main benefit of BlueRay is higher picture quality. In order to see that higher quality you will need a large HD (High Definition) compatible TV set. The resolution of a Blueray disk is about 6x that of the conventional DVD format.

In my opinion, even on a well set up 120cm widescreen HD TV, I can take or leave it. I have watched a DVD and then the same in HD format and while the picture is noticably crisper, the film is just as enjoyable on the older format.

AJ..
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Is this Blue Ray thing just a new DVD player!!!   Is this Blue Ray thing just a new DVD player!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:29 am

Thank you dear AJ,

I told mum I would ask on the forum here and I would get help in understanding exactly what the difference is. That is the great thing for me I can ask if I dont know something and get help with it by good people here.

Thanks again. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this Blue Ray thing just a new DVD player!!!   Is this Blue Ray thing just a new DVD player!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this Blue Ray thing just a new DVD player!!!
Page 1 of 1