the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SeaWorld Trainer killed by Orca

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
raulduke
raulduke

Number of posts : 404
Humor : myself
Registration date : 2009-01-26

SeaWorld Trainer killed by Orca Empty
PostSubject: SeaWorld Trainer killed by Orca   SeaWorld Trainer killed by Orca Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 pm

Thoughts and prayers to the family of the trainer Dawn Brancheau.

Here are a couple pics of this orca, Tilikum.

SeaWorld Trainer killed by Orca 3814493709_edecb7392fSeaWorld Trainer killed by Orca 3481119954_83dddba869

I'm no marine biologist but I feel pain looking at that dorsal fin laying to one side. There are many theories as to the cause, SeaWorld officials often comment that it isn't an accurate gauge of health, and that it occurs in free orcas as well, though they fail to mention that the rates are far far lower than in captivity. Most marine biologists think the dorsal fin laying flat is a result of these poor animals being confined for long periods of time to tanks the size of bathtubs (relative to humans) where the fin is always above water. Others have said the dorsal fin is a sort of barometer of mental health.

It's long past due for us to stop poking and prodding animals for our amusement. The enjoyment had by humans isn't worth the animal suffering any way you slice it.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

SeaWorld Trainer killed by Orca Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld Trainer killed by Orca   SeaWorld Trainer killed by Orca Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:39 pm

I agree with you wholeheartedly Raulduke, it's not right.
Back to top Go down

SeaWorld Trainer killed by Orca
Page 1 of 1