the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu Empty
PostSubject: Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu   Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:33 pm

Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu 9226ea10

A new research has determined that Earth's north magnetic pole is racing toward Russia at almost 40 miles (64 kilometers) a year due to magnetic changes in the planet's core.

The core is too deep for scientists to directly detect its magnetic field. But researchers can infer the field's movements by tracking how Earth's magnetic field has been changing at the surface and in space.

Now, according to a report in National Geographic News, newly analyzed data suggest that there's a region of rapidly changing magnetism on the core's surface, possibly being created by a mysterious 'plume' of magnetism arising from deeper in the core.

'It's this region that could be pulling the magnetic pole away from its long-time location in northern Canada,' said Arnaud Chulliat, a geophysicist at the Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris in France.

Magnetic north, which is the place where compass needles actually point, is near but not exactly in the same place as the geographic North Pole.

Right now, magnetic north is close to Canada's Ellesmere Island.

Navigators have used magnetic north for centuries to orient themselves when they are far from recognizable landmarks.

Although global positioning systems have largely replaced such traditional techniques, many people still find compasses useful for getting around underwater and underground where GPS satellites can't communicate.

The magnetic north pole had moved little from the time scientists first located it in 1831.

Then in 1904, the pole began shifting northeastward at a steady pace of about 9 miles (15 kilometers) a year.

In 1989 it sped up again, and in 2007 scientists confirmed that the pole is now galloping toward Siberia at 34 to 37 miles (55 to 60 kilometers) a year.

A rapidly shifting magnetic pole means that magnetic-field maps need to be updated more often to allow compass users to make the crucial adjustment from magnetic north to true North.

Geologists think Earth has a magnetic field because the core is made up of a solid iron center surrounded by rapidly spinning liquid rock.

This creates a 'dynamo' that drives our magnetic field.

Scientists had long suspected that, since the molten core is constantly moving, changes in its magnetism might be affecting the surface location of magnetic north.

Although the new research seems to back up this idea, Chulliat is skeptical whether magnetic north will eventually cross into Russia.

Source: newkerala.com
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu   Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:45 pm

Reunite wrote:

A rapidly shifting magnetic pole means that magnetic-field maps need to be updated more often to allow compass users to make the crucial adjustment from magnetic north to true North.

i heard a year ago that pilots were having to adjust
compass readings, that the N readings were off, that we were
"tilting" - i am not sure what the date of this info is, R, but
they had better be updating on a constant basis from now on
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu   Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Hippie it was a latest headline at Icke's site posted December 27th 2009
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu   Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:58 pm

ok, so tell me (us) sumthin we DON'T know
lol!
sorry, feelin a lil spunky during the consumption of the grape
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu   Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 8:26 pm

How much more does it have to tilt before Oz is facing upwards. affraid

I think I will be hitting for a strong drink then, I will probably need it.

Wake up at 7 or 8 or 9 in the morning and its still dark with the stars out. affraid
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu   Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:57 am

well well well
my post above, about checking more often, was dated
over a year ago .... now, the NOAA is
"...... updating on a constant basis from now on"
LOOK AT THIS!
Alarming NOAA data, Rapid Pole Shift

Graph of annual magnetic north pole shift during the past 420 years

Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu 420-ye10

more at the source: http://modernsurvivalblog.com/pole-shift-2/alarming-noaa-data-rapid-pole-shift/
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu   Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 3:35 pm

They say the pole shift happens within a blink of an eye. It's not the blink of an eye that worries me, it's those 600 ft tsunamis that always terrify me when I see them on tv, the power that them there have would just freeze me with fear.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu   Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 7:53 am

flower
yep, just another curiousity..no need to worry or anything..won't happen in OUR lifetime..move along

Slowly but steadily, planet Earth's northern magnetic pole seems to be drifting towards Russia - the recent consequences of which has been the impacting of commercial flights above Florida, forcing closure of air-field runways at Tampa.

Earth's magnetic fields change relatively slowly, explains the FAA, being marked out at 10 degree increments. The magnetic field has swung from approximately 10 degrees east 300 years ago, to 25 degrees west in the early 19th century. It is now swinging back, presently at 3 degrees west.

Tampa International Airport was forced to readjust its runways in early January, 2011, because of the magnetic field movement, closing its primary runway for a week to change taxiway signs. Aviation is charted using latitude and longitude, with input from the magnetic poles, information that pilots rely upon to navigate to an airport, until there is a visual takeover.

Although the exact cause of the magnetic pole drift is not completely understood, Earth scientists explain that the magnetism is generated by movements within the Earth's inner and outer cores, and while the polar movements are only a few degrees per year, they are constantly in flux. Seldom, however, are the changes of such magnitude that runways require adjusting, according to the FAA.

The magnetic fields vary from location to location around the globe, apparently influenced by local ore deposits. While runway adjustments were needed at Tampa, at both the International and small Peter O. Knight airports, they were not required elsewhere across the country. The FAA is quick to point out that such changes only insrease passenger safety.

The busiest runway at Tampa International has been re-designated 19R/1L on aviation charts, from 18R/36L, indicating alignment along the 180-degree approach from the north, and the 360-degree approach from the south - explained in an article in the Tampa Tribune. The Earth's poles are changing constantly, and when the change is more than three degrees, it may necessitate runway re-numbering, Monitoring Earth's magnetism lines and air-fields is the Geomagnetism Division of the Natural Resources Bureau of Canada.

Historically, the magnetic north and south poles have been known to completely reverse, such flipping being recorded in the magnetism of ancient rocks. Both the cause and predictability are unknown, the last such flip-over occurring 780,000 years ago.

Aaron Kolom qualifies as a "rocket scientist" with over 50 years aerospace engineering: Stress Analyst to Chief of Structural Sciences on numerous military aircraft, to Corp. Director Structures and Materials, Asst. Chief Engineer Space Shuttle Program through first three flights (awarded NASA Public Service Medal), Rockwell International Corp.; Program Manager Concorde SST, VP Engineering TRE Corp.; Aerospace Consultant.

Aaron L. Kolom - from Brainwashed* and Miracles**
* The Perceived Mind-Set of the Secular Elite re Darwin Evolutionism!
** To Believe in Them - Have Faith - In Science and Logic!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Aaron_Kolom

Following A Wandering North Pole
You're listening to SCIENCE FRIDAY. I'm Ira Flatow.

You know those numbers on the runways at airports? Ever wonder what they mean? You know, like there's a Runway 18. You see them as you taxi around. Well, besides that being a runway number, that number represents the direction of the runway.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/14/132934010/following-a-wandering-north-pole

Earth's Magnetic North Pole Is On the Move
Written by Bruce Walker
Tuesday, 11 January 2011 10:42

The earth’s magnetic field may be in the process of reversing its polarity — something which scientists believe has happened in the distant past of the planet. Although the shift was too far back for historical records to exist, geologists are able to date lava flows to periods of planetary history, and this lava (frozen molten rock) has the same value as pottery shards in fixing the direction of magnetic fields at certain periods of time. David Gubbins, an earth scientist at the University of Leeds in Britain, ties this evidence of the decline in the strength of the planet’s magnetic field to increases of patches of reverse magnetic fields. He speculates on when this process began:

It does look like the patches [of reverse magnetic fields] first formed toward the end of the Eighteenth Century, when Captain Cook was busy sorting out navigation and measuring magnetic field all over the world.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/5835-earths-magnetic-north-pole-is-on-the-move

http://www.albertaclassic.net/nav.php

Area of Compass Unreliability
The horizontal force of the magnetic field, responsible for the direction in which a compass needle is oriented, decreases in strength as one approaches the North Magnetic Pole, where it is zero. Close to the pole, an area is reached where the frictional forces in the pivot are comparable to the horizontal forces of the magnetic field. The compass starts to behave erratically, and eventually, as the horizontal force decreases even more, the compass becomes unusable.

Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu Nav510
Back to top Go down
Gerardgeert
Gerardgeert

Number of posts : 352
Humor : Niccolò Machiavelli
Registration date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu   Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 10:25 am

Sorry you'll

But i watch the next clip, and I have to clue.
Are they talking about, pole-split or just a shift?
Cause in the animations, it seems like they point at 2 North-poles.

questionb
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gerardgeert?feature=mexp
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu   Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:24 pm

I looked at the vid Jerry, it amazes me sometimes how most asleep people think nothing is ever going to happen in their precious life time.

Can you imagine some of these pampered people with big names all of a sudden thrust into a life overnight where there was an actual pole shift with all the implications of that. Is their money and fame going to help them then.............I don't think so.

As far as the magnetic pole and the true north pole, one of the other members here might have to answer sweetie, I am not that technical minded. I feel we might just get a 180 degree one within the next few years. That alone will cause absolute hell anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu   Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flu Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1