the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way.

Go down 
+2
Lightning222
Biggles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way. Empty
PostSubject: Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way.   Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 7:08 pm

Last night our 60 minutes program showed how the Japanese are killing dolphins in a barbaric fashion.

I am not sure if they are still doing this to whales because I had to turn this program off, it got me too upset.

You know if they wanted to go fish and bring back fish okay I get that, but dolphins and whales, NO, that is whole different ball game to me.

What can we do if the politicians cannot stop this. I would loved to be a multi-millionaire (again) hire some high tech boats, find these guys and start blasting them offside their boats with a warning, touch one more of the earth's dolphins and whales and we will direct the darn pirates to your vessels, deal with that.

I am sorry but sometimes my spirituality leaves me for a time. crying dolph sadb soapbox
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way.   Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Last edited by Lightning222 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way.   Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 pm

you are right, mz biggz, this is different
i'll go out on yer boat with ya
swordsman
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
raulduke
raulduke

Number of posts : 404
Humor : myself
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way.   Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:16 am

Right on Biggs, I don't know if the Japanese have the same kinda research exception for dolphins like they do for whales, but regardless, it's a bullshit loophole, it's clearly commercial fishing virtually endangered species.

Have you ever heard of the Sea Sheapard Conservation Society Biggs? I think they're probably right up your alley, and I think they're set up in Melbourne. It was founded by a guy named Paul Watson who co-founded green peace, but split when the green peace guys didn't want to do the riskier stuff that Watson was advocating, like ramming the whalers. He's a cool guy, kinda crazy, but definitely my kinda tree hugger! There's a show that follows them now on Animal Planet called Whale Wars. Check it out if ya haven't seen it yet.

They fly a pretty badass flag too!

Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way. Sea-shepherd
Back to top Go down
raulduke
raulduke

Number of posts : 404
Humor : myself
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way.   Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:46 am

Hey Biggs, i saw this the other day and thought you'd like it.

The Sea Shepard Conservatory just bought this awesome boat to harass the harpoon boats. It's worth like 1.75 mil and just won the earth race breaking the world record for marine circumnavigation of the globe. It can submarine through large waves and is covered in kevlar so it can absorb radar and it makes it bulletproof of course. It's top speed is 50 knots while the harpoon ships can only do 23 tops. The problem in the past was that the Steve Irwin can only do 19-20 so inevitably the whalers would get away.

Can't wait to see how the whalers react this year when they see the f*@%ing bat boat coming for 'em. They set sail early Dec.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way.   Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 1:06 am

Long live the Sea Shepherd and it's crew, and the whales.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way.   Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:20 am

Now, that is very good news, very good news indeed, I have just about had news and pictures of them with their nets full of dolphins being caught. Thanks Duke for this news, it warms the cockles.

Fire up that boat, I want a seat, want to take a shot at them with something, anything will do, maybe a harpoon or a tranquilising dart. Mmmmh. I will promise I will hold on tight when we give their darn killing boats some ramming. If we sink their boats I promise we will throw them some rubber dingys. They can paddle back to land.

You know dolphins are spiritual and magical. Where's my darn gun, those boats are no more.
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way.   Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:27 am

I could rattle on for days about this and all our matters at hand but yeah.. Our ocean buddys need some help from Humans. affraid

wave

This song was written by a good friend of mine up in Sydney ( He used some of my images to make this vid)

Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way.   Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:12 am

This is another one of my side interests Missy Biggs regarding the Defence Science.

What the Fuck is this all about? (I've not the time to spend looking into it and all papers aluding to this topic are not available to the public)

I've got a few links regarding the research carried out by DSTO and the US NAVY and DARPA.

Acoustic and tracking techniques in the humpback whale acoustic collaboration (HARC)

I'm pretty sure Biggs you will get it along with everyone here on Mals nice island without me posting links.. but yeah theres enough search terms to find it for oneself and ask WHY?
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way.   Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Thanks Soma,

If only I had one of those darn star wars laser wands. I wish they would just catch fish and leave the dolphins and whales and turtles alone, don't even get me started about the poor turtles. Why are we letting these guys get away with this cold blooded outright torture of our marvelous, angelic water beings. crying

That Paul Watson of the Sea Shepherd sounds like my type of guy, a bit of action instead of trying peaceful ways. If they kept turning up and then found Paul on their tail maybe they would get the message, but somehow I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way.   Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese still killing dolphins in barbaric way.
Page 1 of 1