the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Landmark Decision: Massive Relief for Homeowners and Trouble for the Banks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Landmark Decision: Massive Relief for Homeowners and Trouble for the Banks Empty
PostSubject: Landmark Decision: Massive Relief for Homeowners and Trouble for the Banks   Landmark Decision: Massive Relief for Homeowners and Trouble for the Banks Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 5:49 pm

A landmark ruling in a recent Kansas Supreme Court case may have given millions of distressed homeowners the legal wedge they need to avoid foreclosure. In Landmark National Bank v. Kesler, 2009 Kan. LEXIS 834, the Kansas Supreme Court held that a nominee company called MERS has no right or standing to bring an action for foreclosure. MERS is an acronym for Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, a private company that registers mortgages electronically and tracks changes in ownership. The significance of the holding is that if MERS has no standing to foreclose, then nobody has standing to foreclose – on 60 million mortgages. That is the number of American mortgages currently reported to be held by MERS. Over half of all new U.S. residential mortgage loans are registered with MERS and recorded in its name. Holdings of the Kansas Supreme Court are not binding on the rest of the country, but they are dicta of which other courts take note; and the reasoning behind the decision is sound....

...... “The sole goal of the [bailout schemes] is to prevent owners of mortgage-backed securities, many of them foreigners, from suing U.S. banks and forcing them to buy back worthless mortgage securities at face value – right now almost 10 times their market worth. The ticking time bomb in the U.S. banking system is not resetting subprime mortgage rates. The real problem is the contractual ability of investors in mortgage bonds to require banks to buy back the loans at face value if there was fraud in the origination process.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=15324
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Landmark Decision: Massive Relief for Homeowners and Trouble for the Banks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Landmark Decision: Massive Relief for Homeowners and Trouble for the Banks   Landmark Decision: Massive Relief for Homeowners and Trouble for the Banks Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:24 pm

flower

hey M
nice new avatar...i like it

and the key is in the last sentence here
buy back the loans at face value if there was fraud in the origination process.

this is another way to play on the fear..does anyone really believe that they will find MERS commited fraud in the original set up...
i don't think so..
what really has me going is the fact theat the fdic is broke and borrowing money form the new york banks..now thats where the little guy is going to loose...
sigh..
the last few daze i am seeing most of what is written as so much BS..
sorry..i will keep quiet
everyone had to figure it out on their own..
wave
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Number of posts : 698
Humor : I got some
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Landmark Decision: Massive Relief for Homeowners and Trouble for the Banks   Landmark Decision: Massive Relief for Homeowners and Trouble for the Banks Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:20 pm

that is such great news. Thanks for sharing moon walk rockin strapped down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landmark Decision: Massive Relief for Homeowners and Trouble for the Banks   Landmark Decision: Massive Relief for Homeowners and Trouble for the Banks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Landmark Decision: Massive Relief for Homeowners and Trouble for the Banks
Page 1 of 1