the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragonfly Song

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
day
day

Number of posts : 1193
Humor : dry, witty
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Dragonfly Song Empty
PostSubject: Dragonfly Song   Dragonfly Song Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:03 am

Translation:
Mnicaluzatanhan- From fast-moving water
Kinyan-flying
wauwelo-I come
Tak ociciyakinkta ca-I have something to tell you, so
he wauwelo- I come
Ca tanyan anamagoptan yo- So hear me well
Wanna wanmayanka yo-Now, see me

Ninepin etkiya-Toward you
kinyan wauwelo- flying, I come
Wicake kin-the truth
Ociciyakinkta ca-I will tell you, so
he wauwelo-I come

Ca tanyan anamagoptan yo-So hear me well
Wanna wanmayanka yo-Now, see me

Wankatatanhan-from above
kinyan wauwelo- flying, I come
Ake nic'ignayinkta sni- You will not deceive yourself again
Ca he wauwelo-So, I come
Ca tanyan anamagoptan yo- so hear me well
Wanna wanmayanka yo-Now see me

Akawinga, akawinga -Circling, circling around,
Kinyan wauwelo-Flying, I come
Otan'inyan-clearly
yanajinkta ca-you will stand, so
He wauwelo-I come

Dragonfly Song Firepit_bf16

Dragonfly Song Turqfeather

Dragonfly Song Turqfeather

Dragonfly Song Waterfall10Screensaver240x320

Last edited by day on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
day
day

Dragonfly Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonfly Song   Dragonfly Song Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:26 am

Dragonfly Song Dragonfly2
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Dragonfly Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonfly Song   Dragonfly Song Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:55 am

isn't he gorgeous!
(assuming it's a he)
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Dragonfly Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonfly Song   Dragonfly Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:32 pm

sunny

Day
this is beautiful..thank you so much for sharing...there is something that draws you in when you hear the native language sung...
but oh so nice to know what is being said

also i am reminded of Winston Smith's posting of the dragonfly story back when we were talking about the dragonfly crop circle
it touched me deeply..and when dragonfly flew into my house...i was awed...and thought of the story again
thanks to all here..

confetti group-hug thumbsupb wowb

https://theforceiswithinyou.forumotion.com/alien-species-ufo-s-crop-circles-f14/dragonfly-crop-circle-t825.htm
Waterbugs and Dragonflies

Doris Stickney

A reading from a book that tackles the subject of how to explain death to young children. This was read by Daniel Brice at the JTSMA service of rememberance held at the Collegiate Church of the Holy and Undivided Trinity in Stratford upon Avon on 17th June 2000.

Down below the surface of a quiet pond lived a little colony of water bugs. They were a happy colony, living far away from the sun. For many months they were very busy, scurrying over the soft mud on the bottom of the pond. They did notice that every once in a while one of their colony seemed to lose interest in going about with its friends. Clinging to the stem of a lily, it gradually moved out of sight and was seen no more.

'Look!' said one of the water bugs to another, 'One of our colony is climbing up the lily stalk. Where do you suppose she is going?' Up, up, up it went slowly. Even as they watched, the water bug disappeared from sight. Its friends waited and waited but it didn't return. 'That's funny!' said one water bug to another. 'Wasn't she happy here?' asked a second water bug. 'Were do you suppose she went?' wondered a third. No one had an answer. They were greatly puzzled.

Finally one of the water bugs, the leader of the colony, gathered its friends together. 'I have an idea. The next one of us who climbs up the lily stalk must promise to come back and tell us where she went and why.' 'We promise', they said solemnly.

One spring day, not long after, the very water bug who had suggested the plan found himself climbing up the lily stalk. Up, up, up he went. Before he knew what was happening, he had broken through the surface of the water, and had fallen onto the broad, green lily pad above.

When he awoke, he looked about with surprise. He couldn't believe what he saw. A startling change had come to his old body. His movement revealed four silver wings and a long tail. Even as he struggled, he felt an impulse to move his wings. The warmth of the sun soon dried the moisture from the new body. He moved his wings again and suddenly found himself up above the water. He had become a dragonfly.

Swooping and dipping in great curves, he flew through the air. He felt exhilarated in the new atmosphere. By and by, the new dragonfly lighted happily on a lily pad to rest. Then it was that he chancd to look below to the bottom of the pond. Why, he was right above his old friends, the water bugs!. There they were, scurrying about, just as he had been doing some time before. Then the dragonfly remembered his promise: 'The next one of us who climbs up the lily stalk will come back and tell where he or she went and why'.

Without thinking, the dragonfly darted down. Suddenly he hit the surface of the water and bounced away. Now that he was a dragonfly he could no longer go into the water. 'I can't return!' he said in dismay. 'At least I tried, but I can't keep my promise. Even if I could go back, not one of the water bugs would know me in my new body. I guess I'll just have to wait until they become dragonflies too. Then they'll understand what happened to me, and where I went'.

And the dragonfly winged off happily into its wonderful new world of sun and air.
Back to top Go down
day
day

Dragonfly Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonfly Song   Dragonfly Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:23 pm

thanks for sharing that story Sky otter ....beautiful way to explain death to a child,
Back to top Go down
day
day

Dragonfly Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonfly Song   Dragonfly Song Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:14 am

Dragonfly Song Transstar8-1

Dragonfly Song 415870_Dragonfly

Dragonfly Song Colorfuldreamcatcher

Dragonfly Song NativeamericancenterleftT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dragonfly Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonfly Song   Dragonfly Song Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragonfly Song
Page 1 of 1