the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Astronomy Picture of the Day

Go down 
+7
WineHippie
Lightning222
sky otter
Gabriel
Reunite
Northern Boy
micjer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:22 pm

lol!

who you talkin to L?????

lol!
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:28 pm

I think she's talking to me

lol!
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:29 pm

Yes I am interested in the answer also. Will tell you why later.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:47 pm

Oh maybe L222 is talking to sky....lol

I didn't know what a lapis was when I posted my comment
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:48 pm

Sorry guys I was talking to R, when I first saw that picture mic I thought it looked like a large chunk of Lapis Lazuri.

http://www.gehnabazaar.com/gemstones/42/lapis-lazuli.html
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:35 am

lol!

L
i thought the same thing and that's why i said that...only i can't speel..hahahahahaha

looks like we are really all connected here...
that's fun and wonderful
and at the same time
scary as hell

ok. M..tell us why
impatient
:toilet4:
lol!
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:26 am

No sky I'm the one who can't spell these days, your spelling was right...lol.

Yes Mic we're all hanging on waiting for your response.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:50 am

too funny too funny

no L..you were right..spelling..hahahahahahah
found a good pic of lapis at http://www.bestcrystals.com/

Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Lapis_10

Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:06 am

hehe

Well awhile back I posted how I awoke one morning and as I opened my eyes there was this blueish aura in my vision. It looked exactly like this pic. (color that is)

So when L said get out of my head I wondered if she had a similar experience.

That's all, sorry to disappoint.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:48 pm

I've had many strange things in my head mic..but not that one! Most large eyes that change colors (yeah I know pretty strange huh?)

Last edited by Lightning222 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:29 am

What a beautiful stone Sky.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Planck telescope reveals universe image

Published: 11:13AM BST 05 Jul 2010

The first image of the entire universe taken from Europe's Planck telescope has been published.

Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Planck10

The first full-sky image from Europe's Planck telescope which was sent into space last year to survey the oldest light in the cosmos Photo: ESA

The satellite, costing 600m euros, was launched last year by the European Space Agency.
It was sent nearly a million miles into space to record the origins of the universe. The Planck observatory's job was to look at the age, contents and evolution of the cosmos by studying the heat left behind by the Big Bang.

In September it began to reveal its first images showing strips of ancient light across the sky. Now it has revealed a full picture of the sky.
The image shows what is visible beyond the Earth to instruments that are sensitive to light at very long wavelengths.
Dominating the picture are large parts of our Milky Way Galaxy. The bright horizontal line running across the middle of the image is the galaxy's main disc and where the Sun and Earth are.
Also seen are huge bursts of cold dust that reach thousands of light-years above and below the galactic plane.
Scientists will spend years analysing the image to better understand how the Universe came to look the way it does.
"What you see is the structure of our galaxy in gas and dust, which tells us an awful lot about what is going on in the neighbourhood of the Sun; and it tells us a lot about the way galaxies form when we compare this to other galaxies," Professor Andrew Jaffe, a Planck team member from Imperial College London, told BBC News.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/7872190/Planck-telescope-reveals-universe-image.html
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:06 pm

Whoa!!!

I am having trouble picking out earth.

bigw
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:22 pm

lol! Goodluck.

I still think the universe is bigger. To the infinity as Nassim would put it.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:56 pm

to infinity plus 2 as my 5 yr old would have said it
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:47 pm

lol!

and as the character in toy story says ( have seen the commercials..lol)

to infinity and beyond

toast

Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:34 pm

Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Ngc6357_hst

Explanation: For reasons unknown, NGC 6357 is forming some of the most massive stars ever discovered. One such massive star, near the center of NGC 6357, is framed above carving out its own interstellar castle with its energetic light from surrounding gas and dust. In the greater nebula, the intricate patterns are caused by complex interactions between interstellar winds, radiation pressures, magnetic fields, and gravity. The overall glow of the nebula results from the emission of light from ionized hydrogen gas. Near the more obvious Cat's Paw nebula, NGC 6357 houses the open star cluster Pismis 24, home to many of these tremendously bright and blue stars. The central part of NGC 6357 shown spans about 10 light years and lies about 8,000 light years away toward the constellation of the Scorpion.

Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 11:15 am

Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Anticrepuscular_britton

Anticrepuscular Rays Over Colorado
Credit & Copyright: John Britton
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Hubble Zooms in on a Space Oddity

ScienceDaily (Jan. 11, 2011)

In this image by NASA's Hubble Space Telescope, an unusual, ghostly green blob of gas appears to float near a normal-looking spiral galaxy. The bizarre object, dubbed Hanny's Voorwerp (Hanny's Object in Dutch), is the only visible part of a 300,000-light-year-long streamer of gas stretching around the galaxy, called IC 2497. The greenish Voorwerp is visible because a searchlight beam of light from the galaxy's core illuminated it. This beam came from a quasar, a bright, energetic object that is powered by a black hole. The quasar may have turned off about 200,000 years ago. (Credit: NASA, ESA, W. Keel (University of Alabama), and the Galaxy Zoo Team)

Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 11011010

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/01/110110090425.htm
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Filament_sdo_960

Explanation: What's happened to our Sun? Nothing very unusual -- it just threw a filament. At the end of last month, a long standing solar filament suddenly erupted into space producing an energetic Coronal Mass Ejection (CME). The filament had been held up for days by the Sun's ever changing magnetic field and the timing of the eruption was unexpected. Watched closely by the Sun-orbiting Solar Dynamics Observatory, the resulting explosion shot electrons and ions into the Solar System, some of which arrived at Earth three days later and impacted Earth's magnetosphere, causing visible aurorae. Loops of plasma surrounding an active region can be seen above the erupting filament in the ultraviolet image. If you missed this auroral display please do not despair -- over the next two years our Sun will be experiencing a solar maximum of activity which promises to produce more CMEs that induce more Earthly auroras.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 2:33 pm

I saw this pic this morning. I go to that site everyday. A most violent place indeed.
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:38 am

Mind boggling. hypnotisedb

My daughter asked me how long a light year is. I tried to explain using a calculator, but I ran out of numbers....doh!
Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:19 am

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1209/selfportrait_iss032_4288.jpg

Just ignore this, I was trying to learn how to copy a picture from astronomy picture of the day to a page here.....lol I am not very good at using this iPad yet.

I cannot figure out how to take something from another page and put it here. I know there must be a way, I'll keep trying.

Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:13 am

Gabe, save the picture to your iPad, then upload it under the 'host an image' button on this forum. Just like you would from a PC.

Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:57 am

Thank you sky, I will try that...... flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Picture of the Day   Astronomy Picture of the Day - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astronomy Picture of the Day
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next