the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bookmark This Compost Tea Link

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Bookmark This Compost Tea Link Empty
PostSubject: Bookmark This Compost Tea Link   Bookmark This Compost Tea Link Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:34 pm

toast

I've spent ages searching for free and decent info regarding Compost Teas.

I hope this helps all the farmers and green thumbs that view this site rainbow heart

http://www.microbeorganics.com/

strapped down

Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Bookmark This Compost Tea Link   Bookmark This Compost Tea Link Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 8:40 pm

rainbow heart

Soma
never used compost tea..just compost....
have tried compost spray for bugs and such
with garlic ..too meesy..rhrubarb tea wasn't too bad

sunny sunny sunny
too hot for anything here..
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: Bookmark This Compost Tea Link   Bookmark This Compost Tea Link Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:19 am

Otter if you try it out, don't go down the small aquarium air pump route. Those creepy crawlys need some full on effect air ghetto blasting lol!

Youtube videos consisting mainly of the home gardner DIY faction for the most part explain the concept well, but lack the air blast needed that only a band like ACDC can provide in moving some microbobes into serious breeding LOL

Like I said I have been going over this for a long long time and to be blatantly honest its a minefield of info that often conflicts!

Since findings Tims website I now know what to do and what to buy to make a 20L / 5 Gallon Pail setup that can be expanded for under a 100 bucks.

For people that expand knowledge through garden / farming techniques that do work as opposed to say the whitehouse/monsanto version of feeding folk; I seriously don't think there has ever been a better time in modern history with the knowledge that is being shared through the internet.

Back to my two wheel viewing... Tour De France was a cliff hanger tonight, and now off to watch Free Practise 1 of motogp in Laguna Seca and the famous corkscrew!

Hippy vlogging on bike comes to mind with all me two wheel madness cheers

Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: Bookmark This Compost Tea Link   Bookmark This Compost Tea Link Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:22 am

Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: Bookmark This Compost Tea Link   Bookmark This Compost Tea Link Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:57 am

Bought myself a good length of 15mm pvc pipe today from an Australian equivilinet of Lowes along with elbow joints and 45 degree joiners for the airation tubing.

In Tim's commercial system he sells he mentions that he gets 250 micron slots machined into the airation pipes. Well lucky for me I found a .3 mm drill bit at work (300 micron) which I tested tonight and it worked...no broken drill bits lol!

I'm still waiting on the pump to arrive (hopefully today) so I can guage the size of the flexible tubing to connect the pump to the airation unit.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: Bookmark This Compost Tea Link   Bookmark This Compost Tea Link Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:28 am

Ok Otter thought I should give you a quick update.

Project success! cheers

EDIT:

A friend gave me a water fountain bottle with the handle indent which is no good for my next brewer..but I mighth be able to do a swap with the water cooler at work if it fits the connector LOL

Vortex Brewer:

http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/turbo-vortex.htm
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Bookmark This Compost Tea Link   Bookmark This Compost Tea Link Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:18 pm

rainbow heart

Soma..i must have been asleep here..what the hell are you makin anyhow?????????????

are you going to aerate the compost tea or what????

what size container are you using for that much pipe, for cryin out loud?

i'm glad it's a success..but i'm lost...

when we grew bacteria in the lab there is an electric plate type machine that swirls current and you put a magnet in the bottom of the container to constantly stir the brew..danged if i can remember the name of the thing
vibration may be too harsh at first
or is the vibrator for distribution of the fluid?

scratch ..dang..i'm confused........... questionb

hahahahahahahahah..went lookin..of course it is called a stir plate.. doh
check out this site
http://www.homebrewing.org/The-Stirstarter-Yeast-Stir-Plate-_p_1306.html
or this one
http://www.stir-plate.com/

hamp
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: Bookmark This Compost Tea Link   Bookmark This Compost Tea Link Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:43 am

Sorry I have type limit switched on right now due to clunky keyboard Otter LOL

...Yeah I'm breeding microbugs through aeration. affraid lol!

Bookmark This Compost Tea Link Img_5114

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bookmark This Compost Tea Link   Bookmark This Compost Tea Link Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bookmark This Compost Tea Link
Page 1 of 1