the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China

Go down 
+3
Linda
bhikkhu
nogroz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nogroz
nogroz

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Empty
PostSubject: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:33 am

Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Dragon-fossil

This “China dragon fossil” has a pair of horns above its head and its shape resembles the legendary animal often described in books and stories. It was recently exhibited in the Xinwei Ancient Life Fossils Museum in Anshun, Guizhou.

Dragons have often appeared in Chinese legends and apparently, Chinese people are often called the “descendents of the dragon”. For a long time, scientists (and me) thought that the dragon was a fictional animal existing only in stories.

The China dragon was a reptile animal living in the ocean in the Triassic Period about 200 million years ago. It was an amphibian. It spent most of its time living in water, although sometimes it walked on land. In which case, it sounds like it didn’t fly and couldn’t breathe fire. Not the same - never mind.

http://www.oneinchpunch.net/2007/06/30/real-dragon-fossils-on-display-in-china/
Back to top Go down
bhikkhu
bhikkhu

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:42 am

sure looks like a dragon to me nogroz
maybe there were aquatic ones as well as flying ones I dunno
Back to top Go down
nogroz
nogroz

PostSubject: Re: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:06 am

Well one of the comments on that page says it was a movie prop. Haven't had time to track this down... but it looks cool anyway. I was actually looking for another one though that seems to have vanished.

Its weird though... every time I do a new search months later I find new stuff that wasn't there before...

The"dragon toes" mystery fossils.

Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China DSu06_D7_main

http://www.kfrp.com/dispatches_2006/dispatch07s/dispatches_2006s_07.htm
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:26 am

nogroz wrote:
Well one of the comments on that page says it was a movie prop. Haven't had time to track this down... but it looks cool anyway. I was actually looking for another one though that seems to have vanished.

Its weird though... every time I do a new search months later I find new stuff that wasn't there before...

You and I know why that is, don't we? :winkb:
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
nogroz
nogroz

PostSubject: Re: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:52 am

Fossil of 'ultimate predator' unearthed in Arctic

Fossil remains of a huge and fearsome marine predator, dubbed "Predator X", have been discovered in Svalbard, a remote Norwegian Arctic archipelago.

About 15 metres long and weighing 45 tonnes, the creature is a new species of pliosaur, and ruled the Jurassic seas some 147 million years ago.

Predator X had a head twice the size of Tyrannosaurus rex and its bite had four times the force, at around 15,000 kilograms (33,000 pounds). Its teeth were each around 30 centimetres (1 foot) long.

The remains were discovered in June 2008 during a two-week expedition led by Jørn Hurum of the Natural History Museum at the University of Oslo.

Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Dn16785-1_500

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16785-fossil-of-ultimate-predator-unearthed-in-arctic.html

Svalbard is also the home of the Doomsday Seed Vault that stores every heritage seed on the planet... Just in case

Svalbard is also one of the key links in the EISCAT/HAARP network
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:25 am

Ahhh, the Doomsday Seed Vault.....another piece to the puzzle.
Back to top Go down
nogroz
nogroz

PostSubject: Re: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:37 am

Sad thing is few people seem to be interested on working to put the puzzle together...

They would rather play with Cartoons hypnotize
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:45 am

Yep. It's all part of the game to throw them off track strapped down

Last edited by Linda on Mon May 18, 2009 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eXchanger

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:08 pm

that's amasing,
i have a dragon tooth
from an old coven in tintagel
which is where king arthur was born
it is very old
and,a actually looks a lot like the claw
it is said, it belonged to the good red dragon

love/susan

Last edited by eXchanger on Tue May 19, 2009 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eXchanger

PostSubject: here''s a photo of the red dragon tooth   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:16 pm

here's a photo [img][/img][url][/url][img][/img]
Back to top Go down
winston smith

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:50 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433367/

The Last Dragon

Release Date:
20 March 2005 (USA) more
Genre:
Fantasy more
Tagline:
What if dragons actually existed?
Plot Keywords:
Sketch | Skeleton | Knight | Museum | Dragon
more
Awards:
Nominated for 2 Primetime Emmys. Another 1 nomination more
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Susan could you repost the pic of the dragon tooth..I would love to see it.
Back to top Go down
eXchanger

PostSubject: Re: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Dragon-tooth-red-dragon?context=user

hopefully this will post itReal Dragon Fossils on Display in China Dragon-tooth-red-dragon?context=user

Last edited by eXchanger on Tue May 19, 2009 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:46 pm

There's an easy way to post a pic internally in the forum:
https://theforceiswithinyou.forumotion.com/announcements-suggestions-f1/how-to-post-pic-s-t30.htm

Have a look at my 3rd post

Any problems let me know
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

Number of posts : 562
Humor : If necessary
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:40 pm

nogroz wrote:
Fossil of 'ultimate predator' unearthed in Arctic

Fossil remains of a huge and fearsome marine predator, dubbed "Predator X", have been discovered in Svalbard, a remote Norwegian Arctic archipelago.

About 15 metres long and weighing 45 tonnes, the creature is a new species of pliosaur, and ruled the Jurassic seas some 147 million years ago.

Predator X had a head twice the size of Tyrannosaurus rex and its bite had four times the force, at around 15,000 kilograms (33,000 pounds). Its teeth were each around 30 centimetres (1 foot) long.

The remains were discovered in June 2008 during a two-week expedition led by Jørn Hurum of the Natural History Museum at the University of Oslo.

Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Dn16785-1_500

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16785-fossil-of-ultimate-predator-unearthed-in-arctic.html

Svalbard is also the home of the Doomsday Seed Vault that stores every heritage seed on the planet... Just in case

Svalbard is also one of the key links in the EISCAT/HAARP network

Appears to be either a Kronosaurus of the early Cretaceous, or a Liopleurodon of the late Jurassic, both huge marine predators.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China   Real Dragon Fossils on Display in China Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1