the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

13th sign?

Go down 
+2
Biggles
WineHippie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

13th sign? Empty
PostSubject: 13th sign?   13th sign? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:28 am

you see this, sky?

Those signs you were born into are different now because the Earth's wobble on its axis has created a one-month bump in the alignment of the stars, according to Kunkle.

"Because of this change of tilt, the Earth is really over here in effect and Sun is in a different constellation than it was 3,000 years ago."

What that means to you is a Virgo may now be a Leo, an Aquarius - a Capricorn, and a Taurus - an Aries.

The New Dates:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18 - May 13
Taurus: May 13 - June 21
Gemini: June 21 - July 20
Cancer: July 20 - Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10 - Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16 - Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30 - Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23 - Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 - Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17 - Jan. 20

discussion, with links, is here:
http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=193054
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

13th sign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13th sign?   13th sign? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:34 am

I am a Pisces, yipee, I want to be a Pisces not a yucky Aries, I want to be a little fishy. cheers
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

13th sign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13th sign?   13th sign? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:39 am

i was born pisces and still am - thank goodness no adjustment needed!
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

13th sign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13th sign?   13th sign? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:23 am

rainbow heart

yeah Hippie i saw it..

the 13th sign theory has been around for a good long time....lots of stuff included with it
\the tilt thing with the earth is just a different slant on an old theory

also talk of 13 planets ..and some astrologers do all the asteroids and lilith the dark moon and a whole bunch of stuff
takes forever to do a natal chart..lol

i've backed way off of doing charts so i don't think i'll worry about being moved..hahahahah
strapped down toast
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

13th sign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13th sign?   13th sign? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:17 am

Arrrgghhh

I'm happy being a Water Dragon lol!
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

13th sign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13th sign?   13th sign? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:09 pm

So I'm a Sagittarius now? I can shapeshift.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

13th sign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13th sign?   13th sign? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:14 pm

Friday, January 14, 2011
The Serpent Awakens
Shrouded in mystery, the serpent awakens. As humanity encounters the great healer Ophiuchus, we plunge once more into the depths of becoming. Rebirth awaits.

I am celebrating today the dawn of ancient light on Earth. Sort of.

Maybe you've already seen the headline. The Serpent Holder apparently had a press conference.

The mainstream mediasphere lit up this week with tales of a new zodiac. Yes, there is potentially a 13th sign of the zodiac known in ancient times, and it's re-emerging into the astrological lexicon today. Unfortunately, the news reports are hopelessly garbled, and the table that's circulating showing "new dates" of the astrological signs is flat-out wrong.

I'm hearing from people all over asking about this announcement and a so-called "new zodiac." This is a complex subject and one best approached with an open mind and open heart. It's not as simple as a new zodiac versus the old one. In fact, there are more than two, depending on how you look at it. The dates of the astrological signs, with Ophiuchus considered, do not shift the way the news reports show. Still, the mystery is intriguing.

For the record:

1. There is no "new zodiac." There's a sidereal zodiac and a tropical zodiac, both very old. There are other zodiacs, as well, in various traditions.
2. Yes, there is a constellation called Ophiuchus (or Serpentarius), and the Sun transits this region of the sky each December.
3. Ophiuchus may or may not be a sign of the zodiac, depending on your perspective. If he is considered a sign, he fits between Scorpio and Sagittarius.

The challenge in understanding all this lies in the difference between the sidereal and tropical zodiacs, which is an issue western astrologers may have to come to terms with sooner rather than later. The impending revolution of astrology is a topic for another day.

Over the past few years I've put a lot of energy into teaching and publishing about this subject, including several blog posts during the Sun's transit of Ophiuchus in 2010 and a special initiatory journey into the heart of Serpentarius (Ophiuchus' other name) in December. If you're interested in some informed perceptions, you can order the audio recording and extensive study guide here: http://www.starpriestess.com/events.html#ophiuchus

The gift of the Serpent Holder is a sacred mystery to be explored and savored. Enjoy the journey.

Here are some links.

http://starpriestess.blogspot.com/2011/01/tales-of-serpent.html

http://starpriestess.blogspot.com/2010/12/great-moment-of-truth-approaches.html

http://starpriestess.blogspot.com/2010/11/triumph.html

http://starpriestess.blogspot.com/2010/12/holy-light.html

http://www.starpriestess.com/events.html#ophiuchus

Ophiuchus Journey

The audio recording of our initiatory journey in December, along with an extensive study guide about Ophiuchus, is available here: http://www.starpriestess.com/events.html#ophiuchus

Copyright 2010-2011 Allison Rae/StarPriestess.com
All rights reserved

Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

13th sign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13th sign?   13th sign? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:29 am

Now isn't this quite a coincidence. I had not even heard of this 13 sign.

Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

13th sign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13th sign?   13th sign? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:35 am

sunny
Mic
it's been around for a long time but not popular because it is hard to explain to most folks..
i was searching for a short paragraph in one of my astrology books to copy for you but i think this is better
a very interesting tale..isn't it...one serpent bring healing herbs to another
he could make man immortal with certain herbs..(tons of references in old books about what those herbs are )
i have always looked at the myths for fragments of truth that need to be teased out

scorpio is also said to have three stages that manifest either thur your life if you maintain a spiritual growth or not..being a very psychic sign you have the snake then the scorpion and then the eagle..another whole long topic there

this has been around for a longgg time..but it seems to pop out of obscurity every so often..the 60's was the last time i recall
a big deal being said
asciepius is holding the lowest of the scorpio vibrations..the snake
in the 60's chiron, the wounded healer, because more of an influence and poor old asciepius had to wait his turn

much more at the site....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus

13th sign? 300px-10

History
Ophiuchus holding the serpent, Serpens, as depicted in Urania's Mirror, a set of constellation cards published in London c.1825. Above the tail of the serpent is the now-obsolete constellation Taurus Poniatovii while below it is Scutum.According to Roman era mythography,[8] the figure represents the healer Asclepius, who learned the secrets of keeping death at bay after observing one serpent bringing another healing herbs. To prevent the entire human race from becoming immortal under Asclepius' care, Zeus killed him with a bolt of lightning, but later placed his image in the heavens to honor his good works.

There is no evidence of the constellation preceding the Roman era. In Babylonian astronomy, a "Sitting Gods" constellation seems to have been located in the general area of Ophiuchus. Gavin White proposes that Ophiuchus may in fact be remotely descended from the Babylonian constellation, representing Nirah, a Babylonian serpent-god who was sometimes depicted with his upper half human but serpents for legs, perhaps identical with the constellation of Babylonian astronomy.[9]

In medieval Islamic astronomy (Azophi's Uranometry, 10th century), the constellation was known as Al-Ḥawwaʾ "the snake-charmer". In Renaissance to Early Modern star charts, beginning with Albrecht Dürer in 1515, Serpentarius was depicted as standing with one leg on Scorpio, as it were wrestling with the serpent and trampling the scorpion at the same time, while in some depictions (such as that of Johannes Kepler, 1604), Scorpio also seems to threaten to sting Serpentarius in the foot. This is consistent with Azophi, who already included ψ Oph and ω Oph as the snake-charmer's "left foot", and θ Oph and ο Oph as his "right foot", making Ophiuchus a zodiacal constellation at least as regards his feet.[10] This arrangement has been taken as symbolic in later literature, and placed in relation to the words spoken by God to the serpent in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:15).[11]

Main article: Ophiuchus (astrology)
Despite crossing the ecliptic, Ophiuchus is not included in standard astrological zodiacs, which divide the ecliptic into abstract 30-degree segments (for twelve equal signs). There have however been several suggestions for alternative systems of zodiacal signs in modern western astrology since 1970.

Another symbol is in general use in Japanese pop culture based on Walter Berg's 13-sign astrology (1995). The latter symbol has been encoded in Unicode Miscellaneous Symbols (Unicode ⛎, U+26CE) in version 6.0 (October 2010).

Stars
Johannes Kepler's drawing depicting the location of the stella nova in the foot of Ophiuchus.The brightest stars in Ophiuchus include α Ophiuchi, called Rasalhague (at the figure's head), and η Ophiuchi.

RS Ophiuchi is part of a class called recurrent novae, whose brightness increase at irregular intervals by hundreds of times in a period of just a few days. It is thought to be at the brink of becoming a type-1a supernova.[1]

Barnard's Star, one of the nearest stars to the Solar System (the only stars closer are the Alpha Centauri binary star system and Proxima Centauri), lies in Ophiuchus. (It is located to the left of β and just north of the V-shaped group of stars in an area that was once occupied by the now-obsolete constellation of Taurus Poniatovii, Poniatowski's Bull.)

In 2005, astronomers using data from the Green Bank Telescope discovered a superbubble so large that it extends beyond the plane of the galaxy.[2] It is called the Ophiuchus Superbubble.

In April 2007, astronomers announced that the Swedish-built Odin satellite had made the first detection of clouds of molecular oxygen in space, following observations in the constellation Ophiuchus.[3]

The supernova of 1604 was first observed on October 9, 1604, near θ Ophiuchi. Johannes Kepler saw it first on October 16 and studied it so extensively that the supernova was subsequently called Kepler's Supernova. He published his findings in a book titled De stella nova in pede Serpentarii (On the New Star in Ophiuchus' Foot). Galileo used its brief appearance to counter the Aristotelian dogma that the heavens are changeless.

In approximately 40,000 years Voyager 1 probe will pass within 1.6 light years of the star AC+79 3888, which is located in Ophiuchus.[4]

In 2009 it was announced that GJ 1214, a star in Ophiuchus, undergoes repeated, cyclical dimming with a period of about 1.5 days consistent with the transit of a small orbiting planet.[5] Further, the authors conclude that the planet must have a low density consistent with vast quantities of water. The proximity of this star to Earth (42 light years) makes it a tempting target for further astronomic observations.

In April 2010, the naked-eye star ζ Ophiuchi was occulted by 824 Anastasia.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

13th sign? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13th sign?   13th sign? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

13th sign?
Page 1 of 1