the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own

Go down 
+2
micjer
Linda
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Empty
PostSubject: Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own   Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 6:40 pm

Some say that if farmers don’t want problems from Monsanto, they simply shouldn’t buy Monsanto’s GMO seeds. But it isn’t quite that simple. Monsanto contaminates the fields, trespasses onto the land taking samples, and then sues, saying they own the crop.

Meanwhile, Monsanto is taking many other steps to keep farmers and everyone else from having any access at all to buying, collecting, and saving of normal seeds:

1. They’ve bought up the seed companies across the Midwest.

2. They’ve written Monsanto seed laws and gotten legislators to put them through, that make cleaning, collecting and storing of seeds so onerous in terms of fees and paperwork that having normal seed becomes almost impossible.

3. Monsanto is pushing laws that ensure farmers and citizens can’t block the planting of GMO crops even if they can contaminate other crops.

4. There are Monsanto regulations buried in the FDA rules that make a farmer’s seed cleaning equipment illegal because it’s now considered a “source of seed contamination.”

Monsanto has sued more than 1,500 farmers whose fields had simply been contaminated by GM crops.

Sources:
Surviving the Middle Class Crash February 5, 2009

Dr. Mercola's Comments:

There is a reason why I believe Monsanto to be one of the most evil companies on the planet, and this is in large part due to its activities relating to controlling food production through controlling the seeds to produce it.

For nearly all of its history the United States Patent and Trademark Office refused to grant patents on seeds, viewing them as life-forms with too many variables to be patented. But in 1980 the U.S. Supreme Court allowed for seed patents in a five-to-four decision, laying the groundwork for a handful of corporations to begin taking control of the world’s food supply.

Since the 1980s, Monsanto has become the world leader in genetic modification of seeds and has won at least 674 biotechnology patents, more than any other company.

This is not surprising, considering they invest over $2 million a day on research and development!

But Monsanto is not only patenting their own GMO seeds. They have also succeeded in slapping patents on a huge number of crop seeds, patenting life forms for the first time -- again without a vote of the people or Congress. By doing this, Monsanto becomes sole owner of the very seeds necessary to support the world’s food supply … an incredibly powerful position that no for-profit company should ever hold.

How do they defend this blatant attempt to control the food supply? They write on MonsantoToday.com:

“Patent protection allows companies to see a return on their investment which enables further investment in R-and-D and product development. This profit-investment cycle drives product innovation that is responsive to farmer needs.”

Farmers’ needs?

Farmers who buy Monsanto’s GM seeds are required to sign an agreement promising not to save the seeds or sell them to other farmers. The result? Farmers must buy new seeds every year, and they must buy them from Monsanto.

Meanwhile, these same farmers who Monsanto is claiming to help are being aggressively targeted and pursued for outrageous patent infringements on these same seeds.

The “Seed Police”

Monsanto employs an arsenal of private investigators and agents who secretly videotape farmers, snatch crop samples from their land and even fly helicopters overhead to spy -- all to catch farmers saving or sharing seeds.

As of 2005 Monsanto had 75 employees and a $10-million budget solely to investigate and prosecute farmers for patent infringement.

And until recently, Monsanto has even been known to sue farmers for GM crops growing on their land that got there via cross-contamination. In other words, a neighboring farm’s GM seeds blew over onto their land, and Monsanto slaps them with a lawsuit.

I realize this seems incredible, but it is true.

Have You Heard of Terminator Seeds?

Creating and promoting GM crops is, in my opinion, a major threat to public health. Patenting those same seeds takes it to an even higher level of evil. But there is another reason why I don’t believe for one second that Monsanto has the virtuous intentions they claim: terminator seeds.

Monsanto is considering using what’s known as terminator technology on a wide-scale basis. These are seeds that have been genetically modified to “self-destruct.” In other words, the seeds (and the forthcoming crops) are sterile, which means farmers must buy them again each year.

This solves their problem of needing “seed police,” but they are obviously looking the other way when it comes to the implications that terminator seeds could have on the world’s food supply: the traits from genetically engineered crops can get passed on to other crops, and often do.

Once the terminator seeds are released into a region, the trait of seed sterility could be passed to other non-genetically-engineered crops, making most or all of the seeds in the region sterile.

Not only would this mean that every farm in the world could come to rely on Monsanto for their seed supply, but if the GM traits spread it could destroy agriculture as we now know it.

How Can You Get Through to Monsanto?

First, I urge you to get informed on the issue by watching The Future of Food. This in-depth investigation into the disturbing truth behind genetically modified foods is one of the best documentaries I have ever viewed. It will help you understand the very real threat that ALL future generations face as a result of genetic engineering.

Next, hit Monsanto where it counts … their bottom line. By boycotting all GM foods and instead supporting organic (and local) farmers who do not use Monsanto’s GM seeds, you are using your wallet to make your opinions known.

This means abstaining from virtually all processed food products (most are loaded with GM ingredients) and sticking to fresh, locally grown, organic foodstuffs instead.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/03/07/Monsantos-Many-Attempts-to-Destroy-All-Seeds-but-Their-Own.aspx
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own   Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:29 pm

After reading this article I have been trying to decide whether or not I should comment.

I own a fair sized farm and operate a grain elevator. I would consider myself an expert in this topic.

I don't want to down play the significance of this article because there is much truth in what it says. To me however it is proof on the power of the media and the internet to spread news or a conspiracy.

Don't get me wrong I am not defending Monsanto. Very powerful with a dark agenda I agree with. Trying to manipulate the food industry.....yes no problem. Not only do they own a lot of seed they also own a lot of the herbicides to spray on the crops.

The problem is for the average person reading this they would assume it affected all crops grown. They would assume possibly that they ar the only company out there for farmers to deal with. They would assume there is no choice than to buy seeds that are genetically modified.

All of these things are very false.

Of the major crops in North America there is really only 3 crops that Monsanto has a hand in. They are corn, soybeans and sugar beets. They are also involved to lesser degree with canola and cotton.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_food

What the article doesn't say is that wheat, barley, oats, alfalfa, sunflowers, field peas, and many other crops are not affected by this.

In Canada there are premiums paid to growers for soybeans and corn that are not GMO that are used in the food industry. The GMO stuff ends up in the animal feed industry or the ethanol/biodiesel industry.

I don't want to go on and on, my point simply is to once again to not necessarily believe everything you read. The author no doubt didn't want to dilute his issue with Monsanto but in all fairness, there is much more to this story.

Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Fieldwheat
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own   Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:16 pm

Thanks for your insight, micjer.
I agree that there is a lot of fear mongering and we must be on alert. Please keep us updated on this topic that you know more about than we do.
good job
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own   Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:31 am

I really feel sorry for the farmers in India where the were talked into growing GMO cotton. It is very expensive seed and the farmers had to take out large loans to finance the seed. What they didn't tell the farmer was the new and improved hybrids needed more rainfall to produce a crop. When they had a dry year .... no crop ..... still left with large debt to pay monsanto.
Also same deal can't keep seed for your own use.

Record amount of suicides in Indian farmers is the result.

One of the other things that makes me dislike Monsanto is their connection to aspartame. They owned the company for a while until they spun in off into another company.

flaming
Back to top Go down
Swami
Swami

Number of posts : 82
Humor : A Rug full
Registration date : 2010-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own   Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:00 am

Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Monsan11

dancing baby
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/themandjitmatrixgroup/front-page
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own   Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:13 am

Thx for bumping this thread my carpet friend cheers

Mic thanks so much for your insights!

All in all I am not against genetic manipulation...nature does it very fine and well ;)

The only thing I'm against is when it becomes a means for a big company with global dominance for profit above all else.

I hope ya het my point mate rainbow heart
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own   Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:33 pm

poop

GM Plants Escape Into American Wild
Genetically modified plants in the wild could lead to a farmer's nightmare: pesticide-resistant weeds.

Genetically modified canola plants have been found growing wild in the U.S., in some cases far from fields of cultivated genetically modified canola.

Results reported today at a meeting of the Ecological Society of America in Pittsburgh, Penn., suggest that the plants are reproducing on their own, making this the first report of an established population of GM organisms in the wild in the U.S., according to the team.

rest of article here:
http://news.discovery.com/earth/gm-plant-canola-wild.html

hair pulling
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own   Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:33 pm

they will try to sue you if they find their gm plants growing on your farm.
Back to top Go down
Swami
Swami

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own   Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Monsanto hired mercenary Blackwater to infiltrate anti-GMO groups

Quote :
Documents reveal that Blackwater has been busy expanding its corporate reach by providing intelligence services for agencies such as the Canadian Military, Netherlands Police and corporations like Monsanto.
Blackwater is a private, mercenary army. They've been called the 'shadow army,' and most notoriously worked for the United States in Iraq, where the company courted controversy. Journalist Jeremy Scahill, who wrote a book about Blackwater, wrote an exclusive for The Nation, revealing general details of the extent of the Blackwater business operations. Scahill managed to obtain documents that, according to Scahill, show
Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own 800px-OH-6_Cayuse,_LZ_Washington
Quote :
"... about the activities of groups or individuals that could pose a risk to company personnel or operations around the world which were developed by monitoring local media reports and other publicly available information. The subject matter ranged from information regarding terrorist incidents in Asia or kidnappings in Central America to scanning the content of activist blogs and websites."

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/297701#ixzz11KQHZGfX

dancing baby
Back to top Go down
Swami
Swami

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own   Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:03 pm

RUSSIA REPORTS OVER 2 MILLION DEAD IN US AS MYSTERIOUS DIE OFF ACCELERATES

dancing baby
Back to top Go down
Swami
Swami

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own   Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Chemtrails and Monsanto’s New Aluminum Resistance Gene – Coincidence?

Quote :
Monsanto is currently marketing an aluminum resistance gene. Here’s the spin, folks:

Small-scale, resource-poor farmers in developing countries face daily stresses, including poor soils, drought, and lack of inputs. Ongoing trends such as climate change and population growth will likely exacerbate binding stresses. A new generation of genetically engineered (GE) crop research aims to alleviate these pressures through the improvement of subsistence crops—such as cassava, sorghum, and millet—that incorporate traits such as tolerance to drought, water, and aluminum in soils as well as plants with more efficient nitrogen and phosphorus use. (http://www.ifpri.org/publication/delivering-genetically-engineered-crops-poor-farmers)

Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Biological-warfare-242x300

Quote :
Now, let’s take a look at journalist Michael Murphy’s research into chemtrails, geo-engineering, and the fact that extremely high levels of aluminum and barium are found in water, snow and soil, in areas shown to have heavy chemtrail patterns (three-part video):

THE JEFF FARIAS SHOW: "GEO-ENGINEERING 101"

I spoke to some farmers overhere in the Netherlands and it seems some of them are pretty aware of what is going on. only problem, the governement is putting a financial rope around there necks.........

Still no Gm crops up to now, Chemtrails enough though....

dancing baby
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own   Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:34 pm

monsanto has apparently purchased a controlling interest in xe/blackwater.

theres a link somewhere, but i dont have it on me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own   Monsanto's Many Attempts to Destroy All Seeds but Their Own Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1