the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

july garden update

Go down 
+2
Somamech
sky otter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

july garden update Empty
PostSubject: july garden update   july garden update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:17 am

well we have been eating good garden stuff for awhile now and it's getting close to doing tomato juice and digging the potatoes
i have already dug the garlic and it is drying....hasn't been a good year for onions cause they like hot and dry and with the humidity
i have been very lack in weeding and they suffered for it...sigh..but so the garden goes

here's now ... and the smaller garden is doing very well and productive

across the front is parsley still going to seed, radishes, carrots, beets (that need harvested) peppers
in the middle is cauliflower and behind it tomatoes and zuchini

july garden update Hpim2927

savoy cabbage and green sweet peppers..the yellow and red peppers are actually beating the green ones this year
july garden update Hpim2928

closest circle is red peppers, celery and cauliflowers.farther is yellow peppers and brocolli
july garden update Hpim3010

determinite tomatoes..they only grow so many - only grow so high and do not continue to blossom
this is the tomatoe type that growers use..pick once and done
big leaves are two zuchinni plants..one is all i will do next year
july garden update Hpim3011

now this is a indeterminit tomato (in another spot)
and on the one i counted 48 tomatoes on it and it will continue to flower and produce till the heavy frost kills it
july garden update Hpim2929

july garden update Hpim2930

and as a experiiment over on the east side of the house - protected ate three indetermines that we are going
to see if we can keep up to thanksgiving..and just for fun i planted two watermellon plants in front...
it was a mistake cause now we can't reach the tomatoes
july garden update Hpim2812
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

july garden update Empty
PostSubject: Re: july garden update   july garden update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:06 am

Beautiful sky!

I would love a 3am snack of fresh tomato from the yard on toasted wholemeal bread...drool lol

I've never heard of the differentiation between tomatoes being either Determinate or in-determinate, learn something new everyday. Without looking up the search engines for defining what is going on and judging by your pics Sky, I'll take the in-determinate!

Thanks so much for sticking around and sharing what has been a wonderful presentation of garden progression Sky. Truly inspirational and heart warming.

kiss of love
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???
Registration date : 2009-01-23

july garden update Empty
PostSubject: Re: july garden update   july garden update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:04 pm

wow.......beautiful garden..........it is amazing how meny tomatos your plants are producing already.......
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

july garden update Empty
PostSubject: Re: july garden update   july garden update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:19 pm

Sky, you are amazing! Would you please ship me some of those tomatoes??? Especially the green ones so I can make crunchie green tomatoe salsa???? lol!
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

july garden update Empty
PostSubject: Re: july garden update   july garden update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:56 pm

lol!

lightning..if i thought they would make the trip i would surely send some...

but hubby luvs tomato juice so we put in 24 plants this year...
if i am not swearing a blue streak from the heat i will photo the process
i do most of it on the porch..it's easier to hose down..lol
but with these two puppies..i'm not sure how much of a circus it will be
but for sure it will be one...

i got a small canner last year that only does 7 pints at a time so i'm hoping
i can do one canning a day as they ripen ..instead of the marathon that it has been in the past

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i feel so for ya....get the kid to plant one in a big pot next year

moon walk
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

july garden update Empty
PostSubject: Re: july garden update   july garden update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:01 pm

It's okay, I'll snag some of my neighbor! He was kind to offer me garden space in his already tilled and composted garden when he saw my condition and knew I wasn't planting myself. I couldn't let him weed for me though he has 5 kids to feed.

Next year I hope to be in condition to do it myself! My kid is working fulltime landscaping and clearing brush...it's payback I guess for her not helping at home. She comes home beat and takes a 3 hour nap.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???

july garden update Empty
PostSubject: Re: july garden update   july garden update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:32 pm

lightning...... its great your daughter works outside........good for her......... clap
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

july garden update Empty
PostSubject: Re: july garden update   july garden update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:43 pm

Yes zuni it's the only kind of job she would take. Her first job at 14 and they work her hard. It'll be good for her and for handling money because I'm tired of being a bank... lol!
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

july garden update Empty
PostSubject: Re: july garden update   july garden update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:52 pm

wow

Looks like paradise. Sky you've set up some nice goals for myself, thanks.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

july garden update Empty
PostSubject: Re: july garden update   july garden update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:22 pm

lol!

well kermie
it's a lot of work..but work that we really luv...
and that being said..
it doesn't all get done

this large patch of green stuff past the potato patch is weeds....yep growing good, ain't they..
we have worked years for the soil to be this good

this patch was going to be corn..but we didn't get it done...sigh
just happens sometimes
you do what you can and don't beat yourself up for what you can't

july garden update Hpim3111
Back to top Go down
Louise

Number of posts : 606
Humor : Yes!
Registration date : 2010-05-11

july garden update Empty
PostSubject: Re: july garden update   july garden update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Looks fabu! Bushels full of tomatoes cheers flower
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

july garden update Empty
PostSubject: Re: july garden update   july garden update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:20 pm

I remember taking days to clear out Lantana on my parents property..hard work alright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

july garden update Empty
PostSubject: Re: july garden update   july garden update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

july garden update
Page 1 of 1