the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?

Go down 
+6
Northern Boy
Anchor
Somamech
sky otter
Reunite
Biggles
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Empty
PostSubject: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:14 pm

I ask this as even before the onset of the net I took an inner dislike to some types of frying pans and cooking utensils.

I just wanted to check if anyone here had the same dislike as me to certain types.

Guess which ones. sunny

I can't tell you the reason why just instantly disliked them. scratch
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Are you talking about teflon?

I try and avoid as much as possible
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:48 pm

lol!

ok, i'll play
i say it's aluminum....badddddddddddddddd stuff to cook in

poke
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:54 pm

Yep, I don't like aluminium especially since they came out with it could give you alzheimer's.

Remember back in the 70's they used to sell all the cooking stuff in the burnt orange colour. Oh dear.

Anyway I will have to come out and say it and I guess this has to do with a lot of the obsessive compulsive things I suffer from; but I like to cook with stainless steel only. I spray that stuff on it that keeps food from sticking. I don't even like cooking with the non-stick stuff because it just irks me...................I know I am a nutter.

Another of my ocd traits I have had since a kid and hasn't left is knives and forks; they have to all be stainless steel as well, I don't like using the ones with the holes in the end that hang up on that stand.......sad ain't I. Cannot eat off plates made of earthenware because of the grainy scratchy type stuff...have to be all plain plates..................yep I know, it's a bad.

Bricks inside hotel and motel rooms. When we used to travel and stay over in motels etc, the kids would come out and laugh at me before I got in there because I cannot stand bricks.

Some people think I am still holding on to too many past lives in gaol. Mama. That could be it.
affraid
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Reunite wrote:
Are you talking about teflon?

I try and avoid as much as possible

Oooh R hon I didn't see your reply sweetie pie, yep teflon and all that anti-sticking utensils they have out.

You will only find stainless steel and those china plates in my house. Yowza, it's just silly me, always been like it.

Even chairs for kitchen, have to be wood.

Even if we went into a pizza hut to sit down, they all knew I wouldn't sit in a booth because of the brick walls, had to be in the centre away from the bricks.

I am very Seinfeldish. lol!
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:27 pm

You crack me up Biggs

lol!
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:11 pm

toast

well Biggs
i don't know if you have ever read a book entitled Back to Eden by Jethro Kloss way back in 1939
i guess it is very cult-like but years and years ago when i read it ..i put the alum on the shelf ...
it was kinda the beginning of my reading labels more closely

and then after reading about a family who were posioned by putting their orange juice in a pottery type pitcher..got me to look at more stuff...

i use the micro wave very seldom but when i do i only heat on glass..and i tossed all the plastic drinking glass and got glass
i do like the use of color so for me i have some electric cobalt blue glass and for others different colors and i let them pick
the water in the frig is in a capped glass jug with writting on it that says love and joy and happiness...

for cooking i have a thing for stainless or enameled steel..and a little iron skillet that was tempered years ago and never sees soap

so, my friend, if you are obsessive compulsive ..you are not alone toast

love
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:21 pm

Add a another obsessive compulsive here,

To the point that I still cook with some teflon as I want lodge cast iron cookware and it cost's a frigging pretty penny down here in Australia. I could just goto Aussie Disposals and most likely have the same product. Consider that done now I have admitted it.

Geez I over complicate matters at times... LOL
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Anyone got a pot they can smash over my head to see the stupidity of not buying a a cheap dutch oven for soups and a few different sized skillets from Aussie Disposals...Please do it now ;)
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Somamech wrote:
Anyone got a pot they can smash over my head to see the stupidity of not buying a a cheap dutch oven for soups and a few different sized skillets from Aussie Disposals...Please do it now ;)

Aaah, the Aussie disposal shop S, know it well. lol!

You can get some good stuff in there. sunny
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:23 pm

sky otter wrote:
toast

well Biggs
i don't know if you have ever read a book entitled Back to Eden by Jethro Kloss way back in 1939
i guess it is very cult-like but years and years ago when i read it ..i put the alum on the shelf ...
it was kinda the beginning of my reading labels more closely

and then after reading about a family who were posioned by putting their orange juice in a pottery type pitcher..got me to look at more stuff...

i use the micro wave very seldom but when i do i only heat on glass..and i tossed all the plastic drinking glass and got glass
i do like the use of color so for me i have some electric cobalt blue glass and for others different colors and i let them pick
the water in the frig is in a capped glass jug with writting on it that says love and joy and happiness...

for cooking i have a thing for stainless or enameled steel..and a little iron skillet that was tempered years ago and never sees soap

so, my friend, if you are obsessive compulsive ..you are not alone toast

love

I feel better now, sunny
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:24 pm

My cooking materials are:

Stainless Steel (some pots with copper bases, but the food side is stainless steel)
Titanium (for the portable stuff)
Solid Silver (only kidding)

John..
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Yeah AJ, I will probably buy the Raco when I finally get an abode; copper base, stainless steel inside. Cool. xo
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:50 pm

cast Iron cooks the food well and leaves a lump on unwanted guests heads
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:59 pm

Northern Boy wrote:
cast Iron cooks the food well and leaves a lump on unwanted guests heads

lol! I just got that then NB (I know I iz slow sometimes), good thinkin there.

The thing is I cannot work out the difference between those black looking teflon coated stuff and what the black cast iron pan is, scratch

Now I know that the teflon is a coat scratch but I still cannot work out the iron casted thing mmmh. scratch
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:05 pm

I was given a set of le crueset cookware which I love to use to deep fry and bake in the oven with, but I still like my stainless steel set the best for controlling the heat. I used to have all all copper outer set lined with silver but it was a pain in the arse to clean. I used them mostly for decoration.

I realise you can't touch most of these sets today because of the prices but at one time they were reasonable. I've gotten much use from them as I cook all the time and everything from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Louise

Number of posts : 606
Humor : Yes!
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi there,

I use stainless steel. I have one non-stick for delicate things like omelets. NO aluminum, never had a micro wave(prefer my trusty toaster oven), and will invest in cast iron so I can cook over open fire 🔥

Glass and porcelain bravo-009
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Cool Louise. cheers
Back to top Go down
Louise

Number of posts : 606
Humor : Yes!
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 6:45 am

But you need to consider not only WHAT you buy, but how you cook it.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/05/18/microwave-hazards.aspx
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:54 am

biggs.... im actually looking into buying a cast iron skillet.........
i refuse to use any plastic aluminium teflon for cooking.......only use glass for baking....... i now have a 12 inch stain less steel pan but i don t like it much....because it does not distribute the heat evenly..........
plus its too small.......
i want to by a 17 inch cast iron but i cant seem to find a lid for a skillet that big.......
so i guess ill go for the 15 inch skillet........

cast iron is really the best.........even heat distrabution.......and you can do alot with it........stove top....oven.....fire.......yep it ll last a life time..........

btw i also can t stand electric kitchen apliences ( absolutly NEVER the microwave)......i love to do it all by hand......... i dont even like the fridge........and i refuse to eat or drink anything cold.........feels so unnatural.........
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:06 am

Bigs it's funny you posted that link because sterilizing sponges is about the only thing I use my microwave for along with boiling water. lol!
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:53 am

Aussie Disposals have a winter sale on now, cast iron cookware is flying out the window LOL

http://www.aussiedisposals.com.au/catalog/index.php?cPath=282_288&osCsid=c8ed294f9ceb31f9f0b8041ac40c32b3

Next week, the teflon frypans which I don't use that much (mainly cook on a wok) are on marching orders.
Back to top Go down
brian1234

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Re:What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?    What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:03 pm

While buying a non stick cookware, the first thing that needs to be checked is the coating which is used.Non stick cookwares coated with Teflon is harmful for Human Body. It has a substance called Carcinogen which can initiate cancer. There are several coating which are 100% natural.Ecolon is one of them. Neoflam is manufacturing non stick cookwares coated with Ecolon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cookthepart.com
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Welcome to the forum Brian. Thanks for sharing some info on Ecolon :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?   What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What cooking utensils do you use guys and gals?
Page 1 of 1