the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what can you start in the cold

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

what can you start in the cold Empty
PostSubject: what can you start in the cold   what can you start in the cold Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:11 am

well there are a few things that don't mind the cold

yesterday i got some bottleneck onions..for green onions...these have more white on the necks..thus the name
i got a pound for a buck 60..
here's what they look like
what can you start in the cold Hpim0134

they will go into the kitchen garden..i added a bucket of good dirt to a tiny spot beside my tree...i had some shallots and put them down the left hand side
and then just set the onions in the ground.. i only put in 18..in another week i will do more..that way they are fresh..
you can judge how many to put in at one time by how many folks plan on eating them

what can you start in the cold Hpim0135

then just pull the dirt over the top gently...

i also did a tiny trench of about an inch deep and put some radish seeds in the same plot

around the back of the tree i will do lettuces..but it's a bit too early for them

love
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: what can you start in the cold   what can you start in the cold Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:39 am

sunny

and today..onions and radishes are up...day 13

what can you start in the cold Hpim0319
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: what can you start in the cold   what can you start in the cold Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 am

sunny

i also did a small row of spinach and some lettuce in the little space next to the green onions, radishes and shallots

you can see the row of spinach..i only put in 12 seeds..cause the plants get good size
the lettuce i put three different types and not a lot of seed..i don't like pulling them out
but it's been colder this week so it may take a bit longer to germinate or maybe the seeds are too old
it's a wait and see

what can you start in the cold Hpim0413

you can tell the difference of the shallots and green onions from the amount of stems coming up
the shallots are multiples and the green onions only double stems
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what can you start in the cold   what can you start in the cold Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what can you start in the cold
Page 1 of 1