the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parallel Universes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:41 pm

"Everything you're about to read here seems impossible and insane, beyond science fiction, but its true"

Scientists now believe there may really be a parallel universe - in fact, there may be an infinite number of parallel universes, and we just happen to live in one of them. These other universes contain space, time and strange forms of exotic matter. Some of them may even contain you, in a slightly different form. Astonishingly, scientists believe that these parallel universes exist less than one millimetre away from us. In fact, our gravity is just a weak signal leaking out of another universe into ours.

Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:15 pm

i finally got a good handle on understanding parallel universes or dimensions just the other week
and maybe you have to be old to get it this way
but
i have enjoyed my life..and was thinking about something that happened 30 years ago and
made the remark
who was that person doing that, then????...lol

like looking at pictures of when you were a kid and who you are now....same vechicle..but way different
so that helped me get it
but i don't think i'm 'splainin too good.. oopsb
sorry
raincloud
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:58 pm

Parallel Universes Trance10

Is there a copy of you reading this article? A person who is not you but who lives on a planet called Earth, with misty mountains, fertile fields and sprawling cities, in a solar system with eight other planets? The life of this person has been identical to yours in every respect. But perhaps he or she now decides to put down this article without finishing it, while you read on.

The idea of such an alter ego seems strange and implausible, but it looks as if we will just have to live with it, because it is supported by astronomical observations. The simplest and most popular cosmological model today predicts that you have a twin in a galaxy about 10 to the 1028 meters from here. This distance is so large that it is beyond astronomical, but that does not make your doppelgänger any less real. The estimate is derived from elementary probability and does not even assume speculative modern physics, merely that space is infinite (or at least sufficiently large) in size and almost uniformly filled with matter, as observations indicate. In infinite space, even the most unlikely events must take place somewhere. There are infinitely many other inhabited planets, including not just one but infinitely many that have people with the same appearance, name and memories as you, who play out every possible permutation of your life choices.

You will probably never see your other selves. The farthest you can observe is the distance that light has been able to travel during the 14 billion years since the big bang expansion began. The most distant visible objects are now about 4 X 1026 meters away--a distance that defines our observable universe, also called our Hubble volume, our horizon volume or simply our universe. Likewise, the universes of your other selves are spheres of the same size centered on their planets. They are the most straightforward example of parallel universes. Each universe is merely a small part of a larger "multiverse."

By this very definition of "universe," one might expect the notion of a multiverse to be forever in the domain of metaphysics. Yet the borderline between physics and metaphysics is defined by whether a theory is experimentally testable, not by whether it is weird or involves unobservable entities. The frontiers of physics have gradually expanded to incorporate ever more abstract (and once metaphysical) concepts such as a round Earth, invisible electromagnetic fields, time slowdown at high speeds, quantum superpositions, curved space, and black holes. Over the past several years the concept of a multiverse has joined this list. It is grounded in well-tested theories such as relativity and quantum mechanics, and it fulfills both of the basic criteria of an empirical science: it makes predictions, and it can be falsified. Scientists have discussed as many as four distinct types of parallel universes. The key question is not whether the multiverse exists but rather how many levels it has.

Full article here:
www.cyjack.com/cognition/Parallel%2520Universes.doc+parallel+universes&cd=81&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=firefox-a" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://72.14.235.132/search?q=cache:9f7zsEhYnQQJ:www.cyjack.com/cognition/Parallel%2520Universes.doc+parallel+universes&cd=81&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=firefox-a
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:59 pm

TimeTravel Experiments, Parallel Universes, Stargates, 2012 and New Revelations
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:15 am

Reunite,

Nice video. I saw that same video on TV about two years ago and I'm glad I got to see it a second time.

Time is a trip, time tripper...LOL
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:18 am

Sky,

The video you posted is a good explanation and helps kind of get my mind around the concept.

The truth is stranger than fiction, someone said....and it sure seems to be.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:43 pm

ah Gabe..i think that was reunite that posted the last vid... scratch
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:15 pm

OK thanks,

I get confused sometimes...LOL, Hey I sometimes get overwhelmed by all the info coming in, and I appreciate your understanding, thanks sky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parallel Universes
Page 1 of 1