the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

John Trudell

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

John Trudell Empty
PostSubject: John Trudell   John Trudell Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:51 pm

an amazing man

In February 1979, Trudell led a march in Washington, D.C. to draw attention to the difficulties the Indians were having. Although he received a warning against speaking out, he delivered an address from the steps of the FBI building on the subject of the agency's harassment of Indians...Less than 12 hours later, Trudell's wife, Tina, his three children, and his wife's mother were burned alive in the family home in Duck Valley, Nevada - the apparent work of an arsonist.

circa 1980: John Trudell - "When I go around in America and I see the bulk of the white people, they do not feel oppressed; they feel powerless. When I go amongst my people, we do not feel powerless; we feel oppressed. We do not want to make the trade...we must be willing in our lifetime to deal with reality. It's not revolution; it's liberation. We want to be free of a value system that's being imposed upon us. We do not want to participate in that value system. We don't want change in the value system. We want to remove it from our lives forever...We have to assume our responsibilities as power, as individuals, as spirit, as people...

We are the people. We have the potential for power. We must not fool ourselves. We must not mislead ourselves. It takes more than good intentions. It takes commitment. It takes recognizing that at some point in our lives we are going to have to decide that we have a way of life that we follow, and we are going to have to live that way of life...That is the only solution there is for us."

from the biography on johntrudell.com:
John Trudell is an acclaimed poet, national recording artist, actor and activist whose international following reflects the universal language of his words, work and message. Trudell (Santee Sioux) was a spokesperson for the Indian of All Tribes occupation of Alcatraz Island from 1969 to 1971. He then worked with the American Indian Movement (AIM), serving as Chairman of AIM from 1973 to 1979. In February of 1979, a fire of unknown origin killed Trudell’s wife, three children and mother-in-law. It was through this horrific tragedy that Trudell began to find his voice as an artist and poet, writing, in his words, “to stay connected to this reality.”

there are many youtube videos of John speaking... just do a search
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
day
day

Number of posts : 1193
Humor : dry, witty
Registration date : 2009-08-03

John Trudell Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Trudell   John Trudell Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:43 pm

Hi WH

i cant tell you how much John Trudell's work has meant to me. I dont know if you have seen the youtube video, how does tomorrow dream, or the place where souls get eaten?

Ive seen him in Thunderheart so many times, and thought only could have played that part, in that way and with so much meaning.

What a extraordinary life, so much passion, devotion, danger for a cause that took his wife and children. and now see what has happened, so their lives were not lost in vain.

His documentary and movie on google just reach the deepest inner reassesses, the pain of catastrophic loss that everyone today feels, can come out and heal in his work...
Back to top Go down
day
day

John Trudell Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Trudell   John Trudell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:24 am

Back to top Go down
day
day

John Trudell Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Trudell   John Trudell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:25 am

Back to top Go down
day
day

John Trudell Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Trudell   John Trudell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:27 am

Back to top Go down
day
day

John Trudell Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Trudell   John Trudell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:28 am

Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

John Trudell Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Trudell   John Trudell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:14 am

thanks for bumping this posting up, day...
isn't he amazing: truth, honor, integrity, intelligence
(i sorta have this crush on him!)
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

John Trudell Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Trudell   John Trudell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Trudell
Page 1 of 1