the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

John Edwards

Go down 
+5
WineHippie
Lightning222
sky otter
Biggles
Reunite
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:33 pm

What do you guys and gals think about John Edwards the psychic medium?

I never paid any attention to his TV show as it is mainstream but watched an episode last night. I know there are a few sceptics out there on these type of shows where they fish out info beforehand and ask open and ambiguous questions however I was mildly entertained.

What he was saying about karma, energies and the afterlife in general was spot on in regards to my own research.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:38 pm

I used to watch him on cable years back and thought he was okay R. When he came out to Australia years ago I went along to one of his shows in Melbourne. It wasn't bad.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Thanks Biggs. As I said any mainstream shows on the paranormal etc my BS meter is on high alert.
However History Channel as we know are pumping out some great shows at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:44 pm

That Criss Angel still gives me the creeps.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Oh I miss me cable big time, on the to do list asap when I have aboded meself. rockin
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:42 pm

scratch

i'm watched him several times and he is enjoyable
but i do have questions about him

i have been to honest tell you stuff psychics so i know it's possible
but
i always wonder
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:52 pm

Johnathan Edwards was involved with the Military RVing program. Before that he was tested by Government researchers into paranormal abilities and supposedly ranked pretty high. That being said there are many gifted people out there but being gifted doesn't mean you will always preform at a hgih level of effectiveness.

I think once these people start trying to use their gifts to make money the abilities start to fade and they have to come up with more theatrics to hold people's attention.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Lightning222 wrote:
Johnathan Edwards was involved with the Military RVing program. Before that he was tested by Government researchers into paranormal abilities and supposedly ranked pretty high. That being said there are many gifted people out there but being gifted doesn't mean you will always preform at a hgih level of effectiveness.

I think once these people start trying to use their gifts to make money the abilities start to fade and they have to come up with more theatrics to hold people's attention.

That is a concern for me as well I must admit L2.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:55 pm

Yep Bigs something to think about when people charge money for services I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

L222 I had no idea about his military background, confirms his ability but questions his motives.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:06 pm

It was when he was first gaining recognition and probably because of the testing they did. He wasn't in the military as far as I know but somehow ended up in the group that was run by a military project to test the effectiveness of RVing. My guess is that he was used or allowed himself to be used due to his ego.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:20 pm

Right, the Stargate project? Wonder if he's mates with Ingo Swann.

Interesting site -

http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/Superpowers.html
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Thought I would throw this video in too.

Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Oooh cool R, thanks. xo
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:44 pm

i been to one of his "performances" in san francisco
he intrigues me, he sorta dropped of the radar for awhile
i do not think his services are needed when a person already
believes in life after death and the other side, etc ... his
audience hopes for contact with a loved one, usually .... can
be kinda sad to see their hopeful lil faces ... it's all a bit
dramatic for me
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
raulduke
raulduke

Number of posts : 404
Humor : myself
Registration date : 2009-01-26

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:01 am

I gotta say I think this dude is a creep who preys on grieving people for money and to inflate his ego. I totally acknowledge the possibility of the phenomena of physchic abilities, but I think this dude's a fraud.

I think we're all pychic to some degree (like what the webbot project is predicated on), some more than others, but what John Edwards offers is clearly crafted to offer people whatever they want to hear (a favorite seems to be "Forget about the money."). He almost always offers some sort of closure for whoever he is reading, which at the very least statistically seems illogical.

I don't know how he is off-set but I can barely stand to watch his show for a few minutes. His fast talking and random guesses scream cold reading. I just read that on his show, in one 45 second period he tried 23 different iterations as to the nature of the relationship between the man he was reading and a deceased older man which he admitted to being attatched to. Of the 23 guesses only 3 were agreed to, those being that he was dead, he was old, and he had a connection to a younger man, and still the man was deeply moved. It just goes to show how easy it is to manipulte a greiving person into agreeing with something that they already want to hear.

Edward's has also been accused of warm readings, by which before every show there are technical difficulties that force each audience to wait usually about 2 hours in their seats on the set before Edwards is ready to go (hmm wonder what they talk about). One audience member also has said that they saw 15 people arive together in a van and then sit individually dispersed in the audience. Other audience members have accused Edwards of editing in shots of them agreeing to questions that they know they didn't agree with.

I guess it's really just a gut reaction to watching him work, I just think that whatever is going on after we die is alot cooler than what this guy has to offer. I dunno
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:28 am

Mmmh that's interesting Duke hon; maybe he had a gift to start with and then as L2 said the more money oriented you get the more your gift departs.
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:27 am

I've never heard of the guy.

Slightly OT

If anyone wants Ingo Swanns (biosupermindpowers) website backed up it is out there to download (or was).
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:53 am

I am with you Duke. I used to watch this guy's show but I am thinking it is mainly a fraud. Playing on people's desire to communicate with their passed loved ones.

If he is proven to be a fraud, this is low.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:05 am

I used to watch Lisa Williams and thought she was the real deal. When my sister was murdered and we still didn't have any leads after a year I saw an advertisement that Lisa Williams was coming to our town. I called my other sister and talked her into going to see her. We ended up getting front row tickets and both had high expectations that we might just get thrown some kind of crumb to help in the investigation. We both know if there was anyway this was legit our sister who had passed was so strong and probably so angry she would definitely want us to find the person responsible.

After some nonimpressive warmups Lisa started talking about a situation that we were certain was our sister trying to reach out to us. We were shocked when she walked right by us and went to another woman and although the situation didn't fit as well as ours she continued her reading. My sister and I just hung our jaws to the floor because we were both so certain.

There were some impressive reads but I still have that doubt in the back of my mind as to whether she had plants in the audience or not. I guess I will never know.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:16 pm

i never watch the guy. dont like him at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

John Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Edwards   John Edwards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Edwards
Page 1 of 1