the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

void of course moon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

void of course moon Empty
PostSubject: void of course moon   void of course moon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:43 am

way back when i was still going to astrology meetings i got to listen to the guy who came up with this theory..wish i could remember his name..hummmm
anyway here's some void of course moon articles
en~joy

wave

C.A. BrooksAstrology 101: Void of Course Moons!

It's easy to throw around lingo and forget that people may not be on board. With Mercury moving into solid Taurus this week encouraging us to be practical and clear in our communications and we have a day long Void of Course Moon on Tuesday, I thought it might be helpful to do some review.

We say a moon is void of course when it is getting close to the end of a sign and is no longer making any connections to the other planets. The Moon travels through this ‘no-man's land' until it progresses to the next astrological sign. Depending on the cosmic configuration of planets, this can happen within a few seconds or minutes, or even be true for a day or more.

The traditional view of void of course moons is that we feel disconnected, kind of like a boat pulled free of its moorings and floating aimlessly, literally without a known course. We don't have all the information we need to make decisions, especially important ones. We think we have all the facts but we usually don't. Something totally unexpected shows up later. That new, really cool speaker system with every imaginable adaptation doesn't fit the latest redesigned IPod we got for Christmas. Who knew? The universe did, I guess.

Since astrology is a symbolic language, and I'm a big fan of language in general and how it reflects our culture, I'm intrigued about the many ways in which this sense of being ‘without a course' shows up in our lives. Surely the path does not suddenly disappear beneath our feet – although it certainly feels that way sometimes. I'm also reminded of the panic and fear a child feels when in a public or crowded place they suddenly realize the adult hand they were holding is no longer there. No matter how old we are, we all at one time or another experience that feeling, that sense of separation, of being alone in the world without direction. However, I digress.

The traditional wisdom holds that during a VOC moon, it's best to focus on spiritual connections rather than physical ones and draw your attention to activities that will help you find your center. It's time to change your focus from external indicators and concentrate on meditation, centering practices or a spiritual ritual. When the Moon is VOC for long periods of time, we usually can't just stop what we are doing, clear our calendars and meditate. However, every 2 ½ days when the Moon is VOC, maybe it can be a gentle reminder that we are, as Emmet Fox taught, not physical beings having a spiritual experience but rather we are spiritual beings having a physical experience. Maybe these are good times to reach for that spiritual hand and hold on tight.

www.12house.com

More on the VoC Moon
More on Void of Course Moon

I'd like to share some more thoughts and observations on this influence, which seems to have a great importance in our life. (previous article: here)

First, it is to be mentioned that the void of course Moon occurs very often. This only increases its relevance: every two days and a half there is a void of course Moon period that lasts for several hours. It could be during the working hours, seriously interfering with our daily activities, or it could be during the night with little to no importance at all.

As I'm writing during a void of course Moon I hope that this article will just give you the narration of a first-hand experience with this influence, rather than be a failure by itself.

It is generally known that when the Moon is void of course it is not a good time to start anything because it will eventually fail. It is especially a bad time to plan things, but also to try to reach concrete goals, to materialize ideas.

I think it happens by altering our mental perception. I've noticed many times how the same idea that occurred to me to be great during a void of course Moon period, would seem to be actually to be dull afterwards. Even more, this period seems sometimes to be very prolific in ideas that proved to be very inconsistent and useless.

In time, I've learned not to trust any new idea that came to me during this time. I just check the current astrological chart and keep in mind that the Moon is void of course and postpone any plans and ideas until it is over.

It is not easy to accept that our lives are so greatly influenced by the "stars", but it is wise to accept it and live with it the best we can. I feel that it is very important for us to be very aware of this influence, more than any other transiting astrological influence.

It is all about efficiency. In the time we will learn how to use effectively this period for maintaining operations and other less important activities. Some businesses should even close their doors during this time, if the nature of their activity doesn't allow them to slow down.

So, what is this period good for, then?

If you're at home, use this time in order to get some sleep or to rest, you'll have a very good and deep sleep. Clean the house, eat, watch television, pay a visit to someone you don't particularly like but you have to visit. Do those tasks and activities that you usually don't have the patience to perform; you'll find out that you can work quite diligently. You can even schedule them to be done only during a void of course Moon.

Pray, meditate or study a spiritual matter. The mind is naturally turned inside; very little disturbing thoughts will come up. This is a great tip for a successful spiritual life in our times when everything is done in haste and one doesn't have the patience to just sit and pray.

It is not a proper time to do astrology, at least not those branches of astrology that require one to reach a very specific goal: electional astrology or rectification of the birth time. You might study a natal chart, though, your understanding of it will benefit from your intuition or some spiritual meditative approach.

Check on a daily basis the void of course periods. Follow the above recommendations. Carefully observe what happens. You will notice an important improvement in your overall efficiency.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/voc-moon.php

http://www.lunarliving.org/moon/void_of_course.shtml
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

void of course moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: void of course moon   void of course moon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:01 pm

The moon does seem to have a strange influence on people I know during a certain time window. Maybe it is during this void of course.

The most interesting theory I've heard about the Moon is an artificial Earth satellite put into orbit around the Earth by some intelligent beings unknown to ourselves.

http://www.united-eufope.co.uk/pages/planetary-mysteries/moon/is-the-moon-artificial.php
Back to top Go down

void of course moon
Page 1 of 1