the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER Empty
PostSubject: THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER   THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:21 am

I tried to post today, and an advertisement box popped up right over the box I was to write in, and I do not know how to make it go away because there is no way to remove it.

So I tapped in one of the corners trying to find a close out for the ad, as soon as I touched it, the ad page opened up and I had to be redirected to something I did not want.

This is highly deceptive, and very annoying to say the least.

I hope this is not an example of things to come here, because if it is, I do not have the time or the desire to be frustrated by a place I hope to be friendly to me when I go there.

I realize our fearless leader has nothing to do with this, ReuniteR, but it is disturbing to have to fight through renegade unfriendly ads.

I am concerned this new trend will drive people away from forums such as this, and there is nothing behind it except money, by making people click on ads they do not want to see.

The people running this site, will be able to sell this site to advertisers for profit and if it does this it will ruin forums.

This is not good.

I hope I am wrong.
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER   THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:20 am

I just tried to post a picture and it did not come up with an advert.

Seems to me that you need something called a pop-up blocker. You can find this in Mozilla, which has it's own. There are 'ad-ons' in Mozilla to that you can choose or not depending what you want to use them for.

As a rule of thumb, I wouldn't ever use IE, as this allows all sorts for crap through.

If you have your machine set up to allow cookies for example, then this paves the way for ads to creep through. Mozilla stops all these.

Hope this helps. I dunno 

Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER   THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:38 pm

I use adblock plus. Have never seen an advertisement since on all websites including youtube.

Gabe you can download adblock for iOS if you are still using your iPad. There is a free version.

Have a look at the link

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adblock-for-ios-must-have/id537774578?mt=8
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER   THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:16 pm

Thanks ReuniteR and sky for the info. I went and downloaded the free app for my IPad, now I will try to learn how to use it, thanks for the information you guys.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER   THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Add-block plus is the only way I know to make the internet generally usable.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER   THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:47 am

I got the ad blocker up and going now, using it as I post this. That is a cool app, now I do not have any ads anywhere on this site. That's a nice change indeed.

Thanks to all the tech geeks that keep me running....LOL.
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER   THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Always a way round it Gabe...lol
Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER   THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Glad we could help Gabe toast 

Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER   THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:24 pm

If it wasn't for all your help, I would have been derailed long ago. Glad I have some great techs here to listen to.

That ad blocker app works so well, the page is cleaner than I have ever seen it, no ads anywhere....awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER   THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THIS FORUM IS CHANGING NOT FOR THE BETTER
Page 1 of 1