the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

They have come up with a new scam at the India call centre.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

They have come up with a new scam at the India call centre. Empty
PostSubject: They have come up with a new scam at the India call centre.   They have come up with a new scam at the India call centre. Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:15 am

Now I know its India, because today when I got this phone call on my landline I heard other people on calls in the background all with that particular accent of India.

Now six weeks ago I got my third call saying they were from Microsoft, wanted to get into my computer and I said I didn't have one and that was that.

Today this lady surrounded by lots of other people on the phone, told me that the Australian Government had decided to pay back the public for the over paying of fees on their bank account and utility bills and that my total was $5,765.00.

Now then she said do you want us to put it into your account. (light bulb above my head). No I said you can send me a cheque.

She actually had my postal address as my stupid landline provider did not put me on the private list and I am in the on line telephone directory with my address.

So she says okay, we will send a guy around in four hours with your cheque to your address. His name will be Richard Lee; but you have to give him $197.00 to get your cheque. (light bulb again).

So I said well I haven't got any money to which she replied, mam you will be getting a big amount of money here so its not much to pay for that. So I said well, take that money out of the cheque amount you have for me and give me the rest. That stumped her but she came back and said ring this number when you have the money and we will get the guy to come around and give you the cheque.

I was furious when I got off the phone because I thought they must sit there with their bloody Masters degree or Phd's they all seem to have coming out with new creative ideas to rip innocent people off.

Just imagine the people that would jump on this with gutso to get this money.

So, I rang the Australian Federal Police, told the guy the whole story. He told me there are hundreds of scams like this and that it is a scam and that if people took the time to ring up a government department or reverse the phone number they gave me they would find out it is a scam. He said to ring my local police and because I didn't want other not well off people being ripped off I rang my police station, went through the whole thing again with him.

Then just to make sure I rang up A Current Affair in Sydney, current affairs program and told her the whole thing, to which she said she will pass it on to one of their investigators.

I tell you I know this scam I have just told you about is going to bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars to these bastards over there. I hope to God karma hits them swiftly.

My rant for today but watch out people. xxoo

Trying to pull the wool over a conspiracy theorist's eyes, yeah okay, do ya best.

Another thing I rang up my son and told him and he said you should have said yeah send the guy around in four hours I will have the money for him and have the police pull in the driveway just after he gets there.

The cheek of them, saying they will send someone around to my home in four hours with the darn cheque but make sure I have their money as well. A woman like me who lives alone with their cat.

Matt also said I should have said to them well okay but make sure it is a bank cheque or money order, nothing less.
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: They have come up with a new scam at the India call centre.   They have come up with a new scam at the India call centre. Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 7:03 am

Sounds like the police don't want to get involved too readily either. Sigh! No wonder loads of innocent people get ripped off so often when the scammers know they can get away with it.

Glad you saw through it though, never accept anything like this out of the blue, it's always a scam.

Keep safe!
Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: They have come up with a new scam at the India call centre.   They have come up with a new scam at the India call centre. Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Biggs I could see you on A Current Affair going off on a rant with super dramatic music playing..lol

Anyway I'm glad you can see through the scams
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They have come up with a new scam at the India call centre.   They have come up with a new scam at the India call centre. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They have come up with a new scam at the India call centre.
Page 1 of 1