the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So they are still up to their dirty tricks.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

So they are still up to their dirty tricks. Empty
PostSubject: So they are still up to their dirty tricks.   So they are still up to their dirty tricks. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:38 am

I put my landline number on the "do not call" list we have in oz that prevents marketing calls etc, scam artists etc, calling, well I hoped.

I just got in the door from my doctors and the phone rang, I answered it and after a pause where I kept saying hello, a young girl answered saying...........Hello, my name is Kim, I am ringing about your computer.

Haha me thinks, their still up to it. A current affairs program had this lot on a while back telling us that if someone rang up and asked about our computer or that they were from Apple etc, to hang up because where some poor people allowed them access to their computer they found out all their financial accounts were being taken, re credit card numbers, money taken etc.

So to say I was absolutely enraged would be an understatement; to know their still trying to rip people off and I thought to myself I could muck around with this woman............telling her yeah no worries and while she is thinking I am giving her access to my computer I wouldnt even be turning it on, let alone anything else. I could think of some more games I could play with her. but I thought stuff it I couldnt be bothered so what I did say to her was...........? I dont have a computer, what makes you think I did........

To which she replied..............ah, okay then...and hung up.

I tell ya you've got to be on your toes all the bloody time, I'm sick of them, what are the Federal Police for for God's sake.
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: So they are still up to their dirty tricks.   So they are still up to their dirty tricks. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:52 am

I wouldn't have been so nice lol!

Good onya for not getting involved with that, it does sound like a scam to me. If they were genuine, they wouldn't have just said ok and left.

thumbsupb
Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: So they are still up to their dirty tricks.   So they are still up to their dirty tricks. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:00 am

Ya need eyes in the back of ya head Skywatcher. Between the scam artists and the other lot.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: So they are still up to their dirty tricks.   So they are still up to their dirty tricks. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:32 am

Call display is a wonderful thing.

Also I say hello real quick when the phone rings. If there is a pause at all, I hang up immediately. If it was legit the person on the other end will call right back. Telemarketers don't because their computer picks numbers at random and they don't recall.

Nervy lot that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: So they are still up to their dirty tricks.   So they are still up to their dirty tricks. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:26 am

Oh I don't know, my number is called ex-directory, that means its not listed in the phone book. In theory, I should only get calls from people I choose to give my number to.

Unfortunately, I have some random Asian woman, who speaks very poor English that was ringing far too often for it to be a mistake or wrong number. All she kept saying is "will you be my friend" over and over.

I had to get really stroppy with her to get her to not keep phoning. Seemed to have done the trick tho.
Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: So they are still up to their dirty tricks.   So they are still up to their dirty tricks. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:31 pm

I was on the do not call list too, was sick of all the phone calls. The phone battery recently died and haven't bothered getting a new one. All I use the phone line for is broadband.

Yeah Biggs you were too nice...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So they are still up to their dirty tricks.   So they are still up to their dirty tricks. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So they are still up to their dirty tricks.
Page 1 of 1