the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !

Go down 
+5
Reunite
Count
Gabriel
bilderburger w/cheese
LongHunter
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LongHunter
LongHunter

Number of posts : 562
Humor : If necessary
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Empty
PostSubject: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:19 am

I'm seeing and hearing alot of this in most forms of media here at hand. Commercials claiming to get those way over their heads out of debt, or how to get 'free' money from the government, or how millions of dollars can be made from the comfort of your own home.

Are these companies really here to help or is it all Snake Oil Showmanship ?

Perhaps black winged carrion eaters along with Hyenas and Jackals following a dying herd ?
Back to top Go down
bilderburger w/cheese
bilderburger w/cheese

Number of posts : 94
Humor : available upon request
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:11 pm

i dont know whats more popular: the 'get out of debt' ads or the 'cash for gold-- top dollar paid!' ads.

no one is in business without the profit incentive. at least in this paradigm.

Last edited by bilderburger w/cheese on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : key typo)
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:24 am

Right on longhunter. I think the dying heard mode is closer to the truth. I see them as scavengers.

Bilderburger your right, it's all about the money for the shallow minded.
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

Number of posts : 562
Humor : If necessary
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:00 pm

bilderburger w/cheese wrote:
i dont know whats more popular: the 'get out of debt' ads of the 'cash for gold-- top dollar paid!' ads.

no one is in business without the profit incentive. at least in this paradigm.

Yes it seems there is no shortage of those who wish to buy our 'old gold'. Kinda tells ya something..
Back to top Go down
Count
Count

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Matthew Lesko aka. the Riddler's cousin, has been on TV hawking his free government money programs for about 15 years. His pitch is for real, they're all about taking advantage of government programs that already exist. Totally legal, totally legit.

Home based business are usually scams or misrepresented. Many you have to drop a couple hundred in order to start off, or they have to earn a certain amount of money within a certain period of time before they can get their first check. By the time reach their goal, the time limit has expired so they have to meet the next goal (usually less but within less time) before they can get paid for what they have already done. At this point people either bust their ass for the company or they give up.

Others are simply fly-by-night operations that will get you to do some work for them, or buy in for something or another, then pull up stakes when its time to collect your paycheck.

Those mail-in gold companies are also ripoffs. Think about it, if you bring your precious metals down to a pawnshop the guy makes you an offer and you can take it or leave it. Send your stuff off in the mail and they NEVER give you a fair price. They will give you a lowball (often insulting) offer for your items. Like $20 for something you'd get $250 for at a pawn shop- no joke. Don't like their offer? Try and get them to send back your item, it'll be a huge hassle if you get it back at all.

Most people don't dispute the offers, as they don't know what their stuff is worth. Shady pawnbrokers may do this too, such as try to tell you that your gold necklage is actually only gold-plated, but since it's a nice piece they'll give you $10 for it.

With very valuable items they'll just snatch it outright. The envelope/package you send to them containing your items is insured to $100. If you send them somethign that is worth more than a couple hundred dollars, somtimes they'll just report the item as being lost in the mail. They'll send you the 100 bucks, but that's it.

Never send your stuff off to an unknown third party in the mail. You might still get ripped off in person, but at least you have the choice of refusing the offer.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:35 pm

Count wrote:

Home based business are usually scams or misrepresented. Many you have to drop a couple hundred in order to start off, or they have to earn a certain amount of money within a certain period of time before they can get their first check. By the time reach their goal, the time limit has expired so they have to meet the next goal (usually less but within less time) before they can get paid for what they have already done. At this point people either bust their ass for the company or they give up.

Does anyone know why a thread from Project Avalon is no longer viewable, Jack a Moderator from P/A posted "How to make an extra €500 a week by only using your computer". Before it got moved he was asking people for £1 to set up their own business.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:44 pm

Quote :
Does anyone know why a thread from Project Avalon is no longer viewable, Jack a Moderator from P/A posted "How to make an extra €500 a week by only using your computer". Before it got moved he was asking people for £1 to set up their own business.

is that a rhetorical question?? scratch
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Not really. The answer isn't obviously to me. I was wondering if anyone who are still members at P/A can view the thread and why it's blocked from public viewing?
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:10 pm

do what you have a passion for, the money will follow
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:14 pm

Reunite
sounds like a scam to me and i figured that if someone else also thought so ..then that would be why it was removed...

wave

and after your posting about scams i thought it was a funny hah-hah rhetorical question
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:17 pm

Reunite wrote:

It is currently visible to moderators only.

I (and possibly some others, I dont know) called the post out as a potential violation of the forum terms and conditions. It didn't make me very popular.

As I understand it the PA moderators are considering a small restructure of either the forum and the terms and conditions to allow certain genuine ground crew business activities of this nature in a way that the subscribers can relate to.

I didnt have anything against his idea, and I am sure its a good one, but they way it was presented was (IMHO) asking for trouble.

A..
Back to top Go down
bilderburger w/cheese
bilderburger w/cheese

Number of posts : 94
Humor : available upon request

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:08 pm

the mere fact that he was posting that, whether it was a ponzi scheme or not, is very suspect. anyone on these boards really should have transcended the money making concepts by now. most on these boards should know that the fiat currency situation is unreliable and unpredictable at best, and if one didnt turn your money into precious metals, one should have stocked up on survival items and seeds.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:27 am

I don't think Jack had any evil intent. My personal take is that Jack's heart is in the right place but the presentation was somewhat flawed, perhaps even naive, in the forum context. Asking for money - even if just a "token" to register intent is a problem, and needs a solution.

For me it causes more problems than it solves because I am trying to hide my identity - sending money on the internet is hard when you do that since as soon as money gets involved your identity is very much exposed (unless I strapped a 1euro coin to some cardboard and sent it by post :) ).

A..
Back to top Go down
nogroz
nogroz

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:38 am

Once upon a time....

Someone ran an ad in the New York Times...

"Send me 1 Dollar and a self addressed stamped envelop and I will send you a secret on how to get rich quick"

Well what the heck its only one dollar, right?

When you got his reply it said simply...

"Do what I did"

This was taken to court... the judge looked at it and said... "Well... he did as promised... cased closed"

Think about it...

As for government "free money" last year there was over 280 BILLION dollars of it available to those who know how... and where to look... best advise is find a reputable fund raiser as there are specific rules for applying and HOW to apply... It takes work to find a program that you can qualify for...

Now then... any fund raisers out there.... I have this project... call me its a winner...

cheers
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:48 am

Point taken, but this is not some unknown guy in a newspaper, this is a person who has shown himself to be a good hearted soul by his past form.

One of the problems with his idea was that it attracted just this kind of feedback which I dont think he was expecting.

A..
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:54 am

3 cliches i have found to be true:

there is no FREE LUNCH

and

if it sounds too good to be true...

and

you get what you pay for
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !   Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get out of Debt. Get Cash Now !
Page 1 of 1