the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Empty
PostSubject: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:14 pm

As always Steven Keen writes a potent article.

This does get me to thinking about some hypothetical scenarios regarding the time when the shit does fully hit the fan in an economic and war sense.

Now if we were to leave out all the other scenarios of whats possibly coming up and look only at the immediate like economy etc, I think if I owned property and wanted to lead a more self-sustaining lifestyle ie: grow most of my own food etc it would seem now is a good time to sell the house whilst the bubble is still inflating, rent for awhile then scoop up a nice property somewhere. Or if you live in one of the citys where housing prices soar 17% as in this article the age newspaper ( http://www.theage.com.au/business/housing-prices-soar-17-to-record-20091231-lky9.html ) you could sell up now and pick up a nice rural property and still have money left in your pocket.

The other interesting factor if you look over un-employment during the last time the shit hit the fan, in an economic sense the chances one had of remaining in employment was still not too bad. According to the Australian Governments website here ( http://www.cultureandrecreation.gov.au/articles/greatdepression/ ) the worst un-employment was around 32%, which means that *IF* those trends occured in the next few years your chances of still being employed are actually quite high.

Quote :
In all the self-congratulations over how Australia has managed to sidestep the GFC, an inconvenient truth has been overlooked: the crisis was caused by too much debt, and Australian households have had a stronger and longer love affair with debt than even the Americans.

As of the latest RBA figures, Australian households now owe the equivalent of an entire year’s GDP—3% more than Americans ever owed. We grew our debt pile much faster than Americans did. We are continuing to go deeper into debt, while American households have started to reduce theirs. And in one of the great travesties of our GFC sidestep, the most recent growth in household debt has been deliberately engineered by government policy.

Quote above taken from link below:

http://www.debtdeflation.com/blogs/2009/12/29/it%E2%80%99s-debt-debt-debt-for-australia/
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:27 pm

It looks like I might be looking for a rural property then Soma. If I need some help with this I might have to bend your ear a bit concerning same this year.

If that was the case, dam, bore water, etc right, and everyone is quite welcome to come and live with Biggs and associated furry souls if they want. The offer is there friends, like minded souls I don't mind spending time with.
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:28 pm

You get that mountain Biggs!

What's so sad is that Steve Keen should be on, A fictitious board of the REAL NWO for the people and common sense.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:35 am

Many of you know that I now have a foot both in the city and in the country. The details will remain out of the public eye - but I can totally recommend getting out of the cities if you can do so.

Most of the rural land in Australia's farming regions is intended for agricultural use (say a subdivided farm) and if you buy some then you are required to intend to run a business on it - otherwise you are liable for GST on the purchase price!

In my case I have small olive groves and agist 12-17 head of steers from time to time and therefore a small business is happening - it is something to consider. I intend to run a business, but it looks like it will make a loss, but there is no law against that, - the law is not that you will run a profitable business, just a business - though eventually it should make some small change. Right now I expect to legitimately get a tax deduction for the losses I am incurring in the first year getting everything set up - so it is not as bad as it sounds.

Having a rural property over about 40acres and/or being a "Primary Producer" in Australia also qualifies you for a firearms license if that is your thing - pretty restricted classes though - single action rimfire longarms, shotgun, airguns - but its something to consider. Humane methods of distruction of animals you are responsible for may be a consideration that you need to make preparations for.

A..
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:11 pm

I would like to set up a self sustainable place in amongst the high country if I could, but then again who knows where I may be sent, I have asked that they lead me and give up free will to the Creator, so I don't know.

I mean I would like to have this place for the kids and their kids, other people, scratch
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:31 am

Anchor wrote:
Many of you know that I now have a foot both in the city and in the country. The details will remain out of the public eye - but I can totally recommend getting out of the cities if you can do so.

Most of the rural land in Australia's farming regions is intended for agricultural use (say a subdivided farm) and if you buy some then you are required to intend to run a business on it - otherwise you are liable for GST on the purchase price!

In my case I have small olive groves and agist 12-17 head of steers from time to time and therefore a small business is happening - it is something to consider. I intend to run a business, but it looks like it will make a loss, but there is no law against that, - the law is not that you will run a profitable business, just a business - though eventually it should make some small change. Right now I expect to legitimately get a tax deduction for the losses I am incurring in the first year getting everything set up - so it is not as bad as it sounds.

Having a rural property over about 40acres and/or being a "Primary Producer" in Australia also qualifies you for a firearms license if that is your thing - pretty restricted classes though - single action rimfire longarms, shotgun, airguns - but its something to consider. Humane methods of distruction of animals you are responsible for may be a consideration that you need to make preparations for.

A..

Great read Anchor!

You've given me a few questions to to ask my folks!

I've been meaning to ask you a few questions regarding self sustaining life, preparations etc which I will ask elsewhere when the time is right ;)

But on the topic of firearms I'm wondering if you know if crossbows are on the allowed list for primary producers?. I was looking at buying a crossbow last year but without a licence its a no go zone and I stopped looking into it any further. My thinking behind it is that if things were to get really bad or what have you and normal channels of commerce ceased to exists for awhile, a crossbow would be a good choice for the issues you mentioned. Having said that I guess I could get a bow!
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:52 pm

Do you have to have a licence for a crossbow, gee.

I know if you have a certain amount of land you are allowed to get a firearm as A said. Did you also note that Abrax quoted one of God's commandments are that you allowed to kill someone to protect yourself and your family. scratch
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:05 am

Somamech wrote:
But on the topic of firearms I'm wondering if you know if crossbows are on the allowed list for primary producers?. I was looking at buying a crossbow last year but without a licence its a no go zone and I stopped looking into it any further. My thinking behind it is that if things were to get really bad or what have you and normal channels of commerce ceased to exists for awhile, a crossbow would be a good choice for the issues you mentioned. Having said that I guess I could get a bow!

As I understand it you will need a license (and a good excuse!) for a crossbow, and it must not have a magazine with more than 5 bolts.

A..
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:32 pm

I'm just visualizing soma with night vision goggles and cross bow in hand hiding in the bushes. Will you be wearing a jumpsuit of any kind?
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:11 pm

too funny too funny too funny cryingwithlaughter

You crack me up R. I can imagine our wonderful friend wearing army fatigues, painting his face black, big army boots, an MK40? slung over his chest, bow and arrow in the other hand, night vision goggles on.

Biggs will probably be in same and covering him. cryingwithlaughter
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:58 pm

Thats so funny! lol!

The first person to take down a Lizard ship with a crossbow. As for the jumpsuit I might have to get one of those ones Ingo decribed when they saw the ship come up out of water, I think they must've been used to shield against thermal imaging sensors!

its all very ewok sounding lol!

Thanks for the tip about the crossbow Anchor, much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:51 am

I hope ya all know, in all my seriousness is that, whilst people may or may not know what the future holds and what may, or may not happen in the future. Working in what we have here right now is sorta where we are. :)

Lets take people saying ET is real located on Earth and also existing in other realms, sure I would like to think we all beileve that to be true. We also know the Mililtary hide that very fact.

But what would it take for your friend at work or someone else to believe it ?

To explain the night-vision. I'm 100% certain there is a secret space program being operated in Australia, and also 100% certain that with diligence using NV gear one would see it first hand along with the Others, which also means it could be exposed so non-believers can deciede for themselves.

One explame is the Triangles..built here, and if one was really to study the little snippets of the 'real science' then I cannot fathom to think how people can really see it any other way than us humans have developed means of manipulating gravity for flight. (which will definetley show up on NV LOL)

The Crossbow idea is really for Justin, and one means I have to navigate around due to the holders of the Pyramid located in the halfway point LOL

butterfly

BigSmile2
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:53 pm

The problem is Soma, last time I looked ages ago NVG were approx $6,000 USD. There are so many out there now, past models, new models but they are not exactly cheap. I will have to log on to eBay. lol!
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 5:24 pm

sunny

Biggs
i've been wanting a pair of them myself
and have found them for 150 bucks and up..
i haven't checked the quality yet though

Hubby says a good pair is not cheap

however we get tons of hunting catalogs for stuff
they all have web sites

if you guys want i will list and you can shop
let me know
rockin
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 5:41 pm

Oooh Sky cool. I am going to wait to see what happens finance wise with the case this week. It is mediation this week and if we do not agree then we have to go to trial on the 9th March which is listed for a one day case. Hopefully I will know this week, otherwise the Magistrate decides for us on the 9th next month. Then I will know where I am.

Been dying to get a pair of these, love watching the night sky but I never see any stuff UFO wise wouldn't ya know.

As soon as I get my own place, God's will, I will be askin for a couple of those from ya my friend. toast
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:03 am

sky otter wrote:
sunny

Biggs
i've been wanting a pair of them myself
and have found them for 150 bucks and up..
i haven't checked the quality yet though

Hubby says a good pair is not cheap

however we get tons of hunting catalogs for stuff
they all have web sites

if you guys want i will list and you can shop
let me know
rockin

Skymaster, yr Hubby is on the ball, They are not cheap sadly to buy the good gen 3 gear which one needs :(

But seeing you are where you are, they may be cheap for rental ;)

But hey you thread jackers LOL

I was trying to put a damper on the Australian Economy and all and we start talking Ewok methods ...Love it cheers

Thankfully, Steve is talking down here in Melbourne soon, but the time and location conflict with my schedule :(
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:45 pm

thread hijacked

I found that jumpsuit for ya mate

It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! 6a00c210
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:29 pm

too funny too funny too funny I can just see our S in that. Good one R. Now you just have to add your NVG, your bow and arrow and maybe those big 70s shoes as well S. too funny
with a bandana.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:34 pm

lol!
welllllllllllllll
i think he needs a powder blue one

but not wanting to just be a hijacker.. lol!

i need to address that first sentence

This does get me to thinking about some hypothetical scenarios regarding the time when the shit does fully hit the fan in an economic and war sense.

shit hit the fan time..you mean like NOW... interrogation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!   It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It’s Debt, Debt, Debt for Australia!
Page 1 of 1