the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kony/Uganda

Go down 
+5
New World Orphan
Reunite
WineHippie
skywatcher
stal
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:11 am

anyone following the 'Kony 2012' thing? The viral video is all over facebook today.

I like the concept, and agree with what they are trying to do, but something seems kinda off.

I havn't had time to do the research yet, but it is possible that the company behind it is pocketing a lot of the donated money, and that the only reason the US sent 100 'advisors' a few months ago is because Uganda has discovered oil, and an expansion of AFRICOM is on the way.

Capture Kony, then the greatful Ugandans gladly accept a few US bases to keep an eye on the now leaderless LRA(?) rebels, and we all know how it goes from there. And no-one outside Uganda says a thing, since the viral campaign has got tens of millions of people around the world supporting US intervention as an humanitarian effort.

There are men like Kony in so many countries, why does the US govt suddenly start supporting the Kony/Uganda idea last October/November, when the guy who has been making the doco's and such has been going for at least 9 years?

Probably wrong about all this, but its something to watch out for.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:19 am

yup, googled 'uganda oil'.

First cab off the rank, BBC.UK

Uganda discovered oil recently, signed a deal with Turrow, getting ready to start production.
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:31 am

Anything to do with oil and the little leeches come out of the ground with it.
Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
stal
stal

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:59 am

yeah no surprises there.

Too bad its taken nine years and oil for the guy who started the project to get any real attention, because its a really good idea. Anything that works to help/protect kids is good.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:16 am

her is a bit on kony (and more) from james corbett and james evan pillatto ...
i continue to follow these two while giving up on so man others ...
have a listen

Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanks Stal, I'll keep an eye on this one
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Your not wrong I have found many links about this supposed charity. I have heard that they only really send 30% of their profits to the people. I heard that the footage is outdated and Kony might not even be in Uganda anymore. Imagine that, he is in another country , but the oil is in Uganda so who cares where he really is. Many things are suspect about these guys. Im all for capturing this Kony guy he is a real sicko. I learned about him through Sam Childers aka The Machine Gun preacher, he is an biker drugy turned preacher from the States, they have been going to war with each other for 20 yrs. Anyway I will try and find the links I read from and post them later. Great insight Reunite. Also Chinas involvement in Africa is always increasing and so this is a great cover to finally get in the African resource game.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:24 pm

once again, let's start a war to save the children ...
makes no sense
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:12 pm

scratch

well this has been going on for 26 years..where the f were all the folks objecting for that time I dunno

Kony 2012 Video Draws Criticism In Uganda
AP | By RODNEY MUHUMUZA

KAMPALA, Uganda (AP) — The wildly successful viral video campaign to raise global awareness of a brutal Central Africa rebel leader is attracting criticism from Ugandans, some who said Friday that the 30-minute video misrepresents the complicated history of Africa's longest-running conflict.

The campaign by the advocacy group Invisible Children to make militia leader Joseph Kony a household name has received enormous attention on YouTube and other Internet sites this week.

But critics here said the video glosses over a complicated history that made it possible for Kony to rise to the notoriety he has today. They also lamented that the video does not inform viewers that Kony originally was waging war against Uganda's army, whose human rights record has been condemned as brutal by independent observers.

"There is no historical context. It's more like a fashion thing," said Timothy Kalyegira, a well-known social critic in Uganda who once published a newsletter called The Uganda Record.

Kony's Lord's Resistance Army began its attacks in Uganda in the 1980s, when Kony sought to overthrow the government. Since being pushed out of Uganda several years ago, the LRA has terrorized villages in Congo, the Central African Republic and South Sudan. The group takes young women into sexual slavery and forces children to commit heinous attacks.

In the years when Kony's men roamed northern Uganda, the Ugandan government was often accused of failing to do enough to capture or kill Kony, with some government investigations showing that army officers profiteered from a protracted war.

Olara Otunnu, a former U.N. diplomat who worked on children and armed conflict, has long accused the Ugandan government of committing genocide in northern Uganda as it pursued Kony.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/09/kony-2012-video-criticism-uganda_n_1334549.html
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:30 pm

I always know your going to get down to the nitty gritty of the situation otter.

They could have used you on 60 minutes, but then they would have edited your reports out.

Kudos we have you here with us; cuz I know your gonna get to the bottom of it.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:45 pm

Sleep

hey Biggs.. you always have to look behind the damn curtain.

unfortunately there's more
this is just a piece of the article..whole thing at the link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/09/joseph-kony-invisible-children_n_1335853.html

The organization's spending practices have also come under fire.

According to CBS, Invisible Children spent $8.9 million, of which only $3.3 million funded programs in Central Africa. The rest was spent on marketing, management, general expenses, media and "awareness products."

Invisible Children, however, continues to defend its budget, saying that getting the word out is key to activating citizens, who will then be inspired to make effective change.

"We've never pretended all the money goes to the ground, because we don't believe that's the best use," Jenkins told CBS. "The best use is spreading the word and then doing the highest-impact programs possible on the ground."

But even as the number of "Kony 2012" views climbs, skeptics remain unconvinced that this movement is doing much more than just self-aggrandizing its founders and temporarily riling up new supporters.

"I am afraid everyone is missing the true aim of [Invisible Children's] brilliant marketing strategy," Ruge writes. "They are not selling justice, democracy or restoration of anyone's dignity. This is a self-aware machine that must continually find a reason to be relevant."

Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:36 pm

KONY 2012 Scam Fails - Bankers Outsmarted

Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Word is spreading quickly that it is a scam

PROP-UGANDA

Apparently Kony died 5 years ago

Last edited by Reunite on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:09 pm

Now some words form the angry man.

Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:33 pm

heres something interesting...

One of the founders of the kony show has been picked up by police and taken to hostpital in san diego. He was found wandering the streets in his underwear, masturbating, vandilizing cars and ranting crazily.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:55 pm

affraid
found it

Jason Russell Arrested? Co-Founder Of Invisible Children, 'Kony 2012' Creator, Not Charged In San Diego (VIDEO)
Posted: 03/16/2012 4:45 pm Updated: 03/16/2012 9:28 pm

Stop Kony Creator Arrested, World News NBC San Diego is reporting that Jason Russell, the co-founder of Invisible Children, the advocacy group behind the "Kony 2012" viral video, was detained at 11:30 on Thursday morning for allegedly masturbating in public.

TMZ reported Friday afternoon that law enforcement officials don't plan to bring charges against Russell.

Lt. Andra Brown of the San Diego Police Department told The Huffington Post that a 33-year-old white male was not arrested but "transported to a local medical facility for evaluation and treatment." She would not confirm the identity of the man involved in the incident, but various media outlets report that it was the 33-year-old Russell.

According to the San Diego Police Department, officers responded to reports of a male in his underwear pounding his fists on the sidewalk and yelling incoherently, disrupting traffic in the Pacific Beach neighborhood of San Diego. Police said that one caller reported that the man was nude and could have been masturbating, but officers did not confirm that when they arrived.

Scroll down for video of alleged incident. WARNING: Video provided by TMZ contains nudity.

According to TMZ, Russell was allegedly under the influence of alcohol. Police also told TMZ that he was vandalizing cars.

In a statement posted online, Ben Keesey, the CEO of Invisible Children, said: "The past two weeks have taken a severe emotional toll on all of us, Jason especially, and that toll manifested itself in an unfortunate incident yesterday. Jason’s passion and his work have done so much to help so many, and we are devastated to see him dealing with this personal health issue."

Scroll down for Keesey's full statement.

Russell created the 30-minute film featuring himself, his son, Gavin, and a former child soldier from Uganda named Jacob. Last week, the film received millions of views and rocketed Joseph Kony, the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army, to fame. However, many were quick to respond with criticisms of the film and the organization's spending practices.

Russell is described on the organization's website as a "grand storyteller and dreamer" who dreams of "redefining the concept of humanitarian work" and having "nine more children" with his wife.

"Kony 2012" has received nearly 100 million views on Vimeo and YouTube.

Updated 6:25 p.m. EDT:

Full statement from Ben Keesey, CEO of Invisible Children:

Jason Russell was unfortunately hospitalized yesterday suffering from exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition. He is now receiving medical care and is focused on getting better. The past two weeks have taken a severe emotional toll on all of us, Jason especially, and that toll manifested itself in an unfortunate incident yesterday. Jason’s passion and his work have done so much to help so many, and we are devastated to see him dealing with this personal health issue. We will always love and support Jason, and we ask that you give his entire family privacy during this difficult time.
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story misspelled the name of Lt. Andra Brown as Lt. Andrea Brown. Additionally, based on initial reports, an earlier headline indicated that Mr. Russell was arrested. He was not arrested but rather detained. There are no charges pending.

WARNING: Video contains nudity. Twitter Reactions: Sarah Johnson1 of 10FIRST SLIDEPREVIOUS SLIDENEXT SLIDESHOW

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/16/jason-russell-arrested-invisible-children-kony_n_1354455.html
Back to top Go down
SoulSister
SoulSister

Number of posts : 297
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Quote :
San Diego police dispatcher transcripts show neighbours began calling around 11.30am on Thursday to report that a man was running around in his underwear in the city's Pacific Beach neighbourhood.
"(Subject) is at the corner, banging his hands on the ground, screaming, incoherent," the transcript says. "People are trying to calm him down, he's been stopping traffic."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/kony-campaigners-wife-explains-irrational-acts-20120318-1vcwu.html#ixzz1pQ8fFsMw

What do you suppose was in those Cheerios? and, I wonder how he will explain THIS to his baby boy....
Back to top Go down
http://websiteartist.blogspot.com
Reunite
Reunite

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Cocaine is a hell of a drug
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 8:11 am

Or mind control weapons.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:47 am

micjer wrote:
Or mind control weapons.

hypnotize

yup
poor guy has been chewed up and spit out
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:58 am

yup wh, my thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Yeah I agree the monarch programming went into self destruct mode

Update

Uganda's Prime Minister insisted that the Kony 2012 video did not represent the current situation in the east African nation and that Uganda was on Kony's trail but said they did not 'need a slick video on YouTube... to take notice

Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:37 pm

This Jason guy was definitely under the program from this new close up footage. I also thought his wife and kid looked a bit staged for his profile. Watch the clip and you'll know what I mean.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/18/jason-russell-video-naked-meltdown-kony/#.T2a3F8Xxr09
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:22 am

um, he sounds kinda gay ... and i do not mean that in any kind of hateful way, i happen to love the gays, but ... "wife and child"? hmmmmmmmmm........
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:24 pm

The diva clapping and thrusting the shoulders back was a give away. It almost looks staged.

This story just gets weirder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kony/Uganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony/Uganda   Kony/Uganda Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kony/Uganda
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the force is withIN you !!!!!! :: General Discussions :: General Discussions-
Jump to: